Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    What's wrong with only raiding 2 nights a week?

Oh wait you want to clear all content in the first week, that's what you sound like.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceshaman View Post
    Bioware said there will be Dungeon Finder but not at launch. (They said it's a feautre for mature MMOs. I agree with them about this.)

Soon after there will be LFR. My bet. LFR is the logical evolution of the "Raid or die" EQ clone games.
    There may be a dungeon finder. Quite the difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    NO LFD FTW!!!

If I see a dungeon finder, I will unsub that day.

Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    Hello pals,

But now I have a problem. I was one of the first full time beta testers of SWTOR. I tested the game in my whole free time, but the problem is, I do not have so much free time. And that is why I am uncertain this game can hold me.

So, why is this game casual unfriendly? I enjoyed and will enjoy leveling once again, but after that it seems, that casuals won't be able to do anything truely. Why can't they put more effort for casuals? Casuals don't want to level all the time, even when this is the best part of the game. We want content, too. But it seems to be missing.

Cheers pals.
    Trying to understand the issue here. We have yet to see how it will play out on live serves. Player behavior on beta servers usually is quite a bit different than it is on live. On live your going to be able to find people playing with similar restrictions you have and maybe even similar schedules. I plan to play each archetype for each side to 50 --- EVENTUALLY.

Do I expect the game to hold me. Yes, but I am resigned to the fact that it might not. However its no reason to not try it out. I put up with Cataclysm in hopes it would get better and we all know where that went...

edit: This game is immensely casual friendly, if you understand that true casual players don't usually worry about raiding
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    There may be a dungeon finder. Quite the difference.
    "Some people ask for a dungeon finder system but the thing about those systems is they're really for more of a mature online game. If you put a system in early on it really takes away from the exploration of the level up game. If you have people all just basically waiting around their dungeon finder and all being grouped up together, they're going to actually take the time to explore all the worlds that are available in the Old Republic galaxy. So it's definitely a feature that we want to put in, we just want to put it in at the right time. However, the looking for group feature is something that we continue to work on, we want to make that more robust and more powerful."

Then get better If you think It's "casual unfriendly". I'm so damn sick of people's laziness and wanting the game dumbed down to their level. Even 30 mins a day Is plenty enough to learn how to play and find strategies for certain abilities.

---------- Post added 2011-12-10 at 08:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maythael View Post
    "Some people ask for a dungeon finder system but the thing about those systems is they're really for more of a mature online game. If you put a system in early on it really takes away from the exploration of the level up game. If you have people all just basically waiting around their dungeon finder and all being grouped up together, they're going to actually take the time to explore all the worlds that are available in the Old Republic galaxy. So it's definitely a feature that we want to put in, we just want to put it in at the right time. However, the looking for group feature is something that we continue to work on, we want to make that more robust and more powerful."
    Good lord, I really hope they don't put Dungeon Finder In.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Then get better If you think It's "casual unfriendly". I'm so damn sick of people's laziness and wanting the game dumbed down to their level. Even 30 mins a day Is plenty enough to learn how to play and find strategies for certain abilities.

---------- Post added 2011-12-10 at 08:11 AM ----------

Good lord, I really hope they don't put Dungeon Finder In.
    I have to say, only because Blizzard totally messed up their lfg tool doesn't mean BioWare has to as well. What if the LFG tool simply let's you set your preferred role and the Flashpoint and matchs you with other players from the same server who want to group for the same Flashpoint, you get prompted to join the group but still have to fly/walk to the dungeon.

It is the same as simply writing "Healer LFG for Athiss" in General Chat, only that instead of someone who wants a healer clicking your name and inviting the finder does that automatically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    NO LFD FTW!!!

I really don't understand your hatred for something that works well and saves me 1-2 hours (lol, I had LOADS of fun playing my Nintendo DS while keeping an eye on the screen back in Vanilla and TBC WoW hoping for a spot in a dungeon to appear in /trade /LFG) of standing around waiting for a DPS spot to open up. There are other ways of building up communities in videogames for yourself, that don't take away viable options that expand gameplay for those of us not afflicted with severe cases of xenophobia.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Right now it's way way too early to tell.

yes I agree that if BW release the game and decide to leave it as it is for another year without any patch... You can bet that people will be pissed.. I think you and I falls under exactly the same type of player (just really don't have free time to decide myself to scheduled raid anymore).. but I know I would be a least playing a couple more alts just for the stories

It's one of those things just going to have to wait and see.. I just know that I will be playing right now because at its current state it totally deserves my 79.99 at the start and 15 bucks per month for at least 7-8 months.

Also I am totally fine with LFD system.. I kinda wish it would keep it in the server though.. With world instances I would kind of expect a SWTOR server to hold a lot more people than a WoW server (complete speculation of course). Also it's 4 men instad of 5 men can only make LFG a bit easier...

Again.. until we get TONS of players reaching end games and wanting to do FPs.. We won't know what should be the best solution.. I don't think BW knows at this point as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    NO LFD FTW!!!

LFD FTW!
    If I don't get dungeon finder after 2 weeks I QUIT!!!
    Great argument, isn't it? *sigh*

Deleted
    LFD is fine, aslong as they keep it server exclusive.

Can't be doing with that cross server bullshit, just opens up so many issues.

Deleted
    no casuals? take all my money EA

Quote Originally Posted by Blimey View Post
    LFD is fine, aslong as they keep it server exclusive.

Can't be doing with that cross server bullshit, just opens up so many issues.
    i totally agree with this.
    btw for the person saying it is the same thing with different numbers , there are also new mechanics involved in heroics in wow. and swtor does the same exact thing only i dont think they even add new mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Vital View Post
    no casuals? take all my money EA
    Ya they will need all of of your money if there are no casuals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just like I said in RIFT, if the dungeon finder stays on your realm I couldn't care less. As long as there is still a reason for decent performance and a way to support healthy relationships within the group of people you will be playing with it doesn't have any negative impacts really besides people getting a tad bit more lazy. The problem comes in when no one cares how they act in a group because there's a strong chance they will never see those people again, at least not for a long time.

The game is most definitely "casual friendly", and its only going to move further into that territory as it progresses.

Compared to WOW in 2004, which was considered the "Kindergarten MMO" at the time, this is more like Pre-School. It took Blizzard 4 years to fully embrace the casual crowd. Bioware is doing it right out the gate, and based on things they've said, we're on an accelerated path to what WOW is today.

That said, I don't mind it at all. I don't have the time to invest in the game that I use to. All I want BW to do differently is faster content releases.
    Last edited by nazrakin; 2011-12-10 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    Way offtopic here, but is there a warlocky class in TOR? Like drains and curses and shit?
    A madness specced sorcerer is pretty drainy, I believe. Force Lightning (channeled - kinda like mind flay or drain soul) has no cooldown, talented. The talents are focused on dots and stuff. No shit though. :|

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    Im sorry to say this, but i think most people will cheer for this. And this is one of the big upsides of SWTOR for alot of people. Myself included, even tough i too am just a casual player.
    WoW has become to casual friendly where every progress can be broken down into teeny tiny bite size portions, and made incredibly easy. There is no challenge, and people who do not know their class and never bother to learn are running amock. Because they are never punished for their incompetent behavior, infact they are encouraged.

But im sure a casual can play some endgame in SWTOR. The normal modes are not that difficult once you accumulate gear, which is still something you can do. Its just a matter of finding the right friends and guild. So it comes down to social skills again, and not random grouping which eliminates social interaction.

WoW took the highly-casual friendly route, but by its very design an MMO is not casual friendly. It needs players to spend alot of time on content in order to keep people playing. If content can be blown through to fast, so its accesible for the 1h-a-day crowd, then the people who do spend more time playing will run out of stuff to do at the end of the month.
    There is still plenty to do for a casual. Flashpoints, random battlegrounds, world pvp, leveling alts, daily quests and crafting (which can make very competitive gear). And with Hard and Nightmare-mode on Operations (raids) i cannot image normal-mode will be that insurmountable once people start getting geared up.
    A few words of wisdom here:

- Democracy is dangerous in the hands of many.
    - Each person, representing his side is usually making arguments when in conflict which contain his underlying wishes. When the argument is spoken by the public, it is the underlying "reformed" wishes that represent it.
    - One that asks for changes that will increase his own pleasure, does not care to put limits to prevent any kind of casualties and very rarely puts the thought into the process of doubting and reconstructing.

Point to the case and to make things clear, when Cataclysm first arrived all the changes that people have asked, to drive scrubs out of the game, have occured. Throughout these 12 months and with all actions to obtain new customers (including selling the game's next update to a whole "new" market, China and the recruit-a-friend extra benefits) taken, Blizzard kept loosing 2770 customers per day (on average)! Meanwhile bad players not only did not disappear, but their "group" kept on growing, making their appearance more often and more distinct.

I hope to god the casual scrubs will be kept out the game. The absolute best thing this game can do is to keep the casuals scrubs and baddies in the heroics and have the master race of players play the content made just for them. I and a lot of other hardcores want the game to be like vanilla and tbc wow. Have the best of the best of the best be the only ones in raids and have the Idiot casuals be left to farm heroics. That would be the perfect mmo.

Stop Trolling. - Buckwald
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2011-12-10 at 05:43 PM.