Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
    As of right now they aren't even having a grace period for our pre-orders to arrive after official launch date. So no, there will not be a free trial at this time.
    Actually you do get a grace period.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...753#edit301753

Hello everyone,

While we've worked closely with our retailers in the launch territories to ensure copies of Star Wars: The Old Republic are available from our launch date of December 20th, we understand that for those of you who’ve pre-ordered, there may be a concern about getting your copy on time. We’ve heard you want a 'grace period' where you can continue to play without having to enter a final product registration code (AKA 'game code').

We've been listening, and after doing another deep review of our platform infrastructure, we're taking action. Today, we're announcing a two day grace period for Star Wars: The Old Republic customers.

This means that everyone who pre-ordered and is in the Early Game Access program has forty-eight hours from launch in which to enter their product registration code, which will be found inside the physical Standard and Collector's Editions of the game; for digital editions of the game from Origin.com, the registration code will have been emailed to you after December 16th and will arrive before December 19th at 11:59PM EST. After December 22nd 12:01AM EST, you will be required to have a valid payment method and a product registration code registered to your account to continue to play. We strongly recommend that you register your product code as soon as you are able to do so (rather than waiting until the last minute) to ensure a seamless entry into the game, a smooth experience on the account website and to collect any special gifts and items you may be entitled to based on the version of the game you purchased.

We understand that for some, your copy of the game may still arrive on or after December 22nd. Unfortunately, we cannot extend the grace period any further. We suggest you contact your retailer to discuss shipping options, if this is a concern.

You may be wondering if your 30 days of game time (included with your purchase of the game) will be affected by the grace period. The answer is no. If you redeem your product registration code during the grace period, and add a valid payment method to your account, you will begin your billing cycle from then, and you will be entitled to 30 days of game time. If you redeem your product registration code before December 20th, your billing cycle will begin on December 20th at 12:01AM EST (the official launch date and time of the game).

We know this has been an issue for some of you, and we apologize for the concerns. We're looking forward to welcoming all of you to the official launch of Star Wars: The Old Republic!

Thanks,

Ray and Greg

Hmmm.

So if I pre-order through Origin (eugh) right now, will I be able to play now? And if it's a bit crap can I cancel my pre-order?

I do dislike that I have to go through Origin's Customer Service to cancel my pre-order, I can imagine it'd take hours of talking to brainless support guys :/

Wait 2 months and then the game will be on 50% sale or less with a 7/14 day trial At the moment the idea is to make the game stable for people who have paid, so it wont be launched with trials allowed.

Demo versions and freeware have been a tradition in PC gaming since the beginning of PC games. The key is making sure the demos aren't the full version. This is just another nuance completely lost since all the kiddies pushed all of the major releases to consoles. Personally I dislike the idea of "Give me your $60, you'll like it, trust me!" especially for a game I can't return, or resell to at least recoup some of my loss.

Deleted
    I think that I might be able to get my hands on SWTOR for free now.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Holy necro Batman

10+ Year Old Account
    The Joker has pulled a major boner.

dude, Heath Ledger is dead, let him rest in peace

10+ Year Old Account
    What a massive Necro, dont think i ever seen one like this before ahah

I love people.

Edit: Changed the text to something more pleasant. Please don't make posts like the original
    Last edited by Forsedar; 2013-09-02 at 11:41 AM.

Deleted
    I dont know if anyone sees this but its been years since the creation of this thread so now swtor is free to play with limitations

Quote Originally Posted by Lineage8009 View Post
    I dont know if anyone sees this but its been years since the creation of this thread so now swtor is free to play with limitations
    Limitations being not available to europeans on wednesdays?

Deleted
    I dont uderstand what you mean