Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

what ui should i use

i have had a long break from wow and are now returning what add ons and ui should i have?

Deleted
    That depends on what you're planing to do, now that you've returned.

Make your own, or use ElvUI (or similar).

The less on your screen the better. Minimal = best.

Deleted
    My usualy essentials are:

Atlasloot Enhanced - ALL THE LEWTS, in an easy to read/find layout.
    Recount - Shows all the things. Dps, Damage done, deaths, and on click shows different things like how much damage a specific ability does, etc.
    Omen - Better/easily readable threat table, stops you overaggroing and wiping your group.

Else I usually use the standard UI, still waiting for RothUI to get updated! (Makes wow look like Diablo )

Use default, it's by far the best ui available.

Deleted
    [/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Justys View Post
    Ehhh... I disagree, it's ugly (that point is an opinion, i'll give you that), everything is spead out, you need to look in the TR corner to see the map, TL for the player frames, you can't move castbars so you can't put raid frames in the middle and this all means you're darting your eyes back anf forth to see everything thats going on when you could just mov everything to the bottom, see it all at once and be happy as larry.
    Last edited by mmoc56a2a40693; 2011-12-11 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Justys View Post
    If you wish to use the default UI, at least download MoveAnything and move things into the right position - Player/target frames as an example, to the bottom/middle of your screen.

Deleted
    ok what about lui

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahr View Post
    ...still waiting for RothUI to get updated
    Can you explain me why you are still waiting? The UI got updated for 4.3 days ago.

though it takes more time, I'd recommend using these pre-built UI's as a template. Find out what they do, what parts you do and do not like, then make it your own.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've tried to use other peoples UI's but I've found that I have to make my own.

oUF has nice unit frame layouts (oUF Slim is what I use) and you don't have to configure anything to make them pretty, then download oUF moveable frames to set the UFs anywhere you want. Then grab dominoes or bartender + any other little things you want/need and you're set.

Quote Originally Posted by fc0712 View Post
    ok what about lui
    Lui is nice but it eat ups alot of memory from all the addons it needs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    If you wish to use the default UI, at least download MoveAnything and move things into the right position - Player/target frames as an example, to the bottom/middle of your screen.
    You know you can right click the default player/target frames and click unlock? :S

10+ Year Old Account
    i've never seen the appeal of using a premade ui, for me, i like to spend an hour or 2 just fiddling with addons etc to make my own ui, put things where i want them how i want them etc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexaton View Post
    Lui is nice but it eat ups alot of memory from all the addons it needs.
    it uses about 6 megabytes. That ain't much for a UI these days. LUI on it's own doesn't require allot of usage, it's the secondary addons you implement that do

Quote Originally Posted by Baaltheron View Post
    You know you can right click the default player/target frames and click unlock? :S
    Did they finally put that option in then eh? Didn't notice... Either way, you still want it to move other things which most likely work with that.

tbh I like the standard blizzard UI

Deleted
    ok anyone else got some ideas

Deleted
    Tidy Plates: Threat Plates instead of the default name plates.
    Apart from that some better way how track cool downs, i.e. Power Auras or maybe Fortexorcist.

For BGs Battlegroundtargets, for analysis recount, for healing Healbot or the default frames.

If don`t like the default UI at all then I would recomend TukUI as the best compilation. Or if you want something different and like Diablo then RothUi.

make your own
    bartender4
    titan panel
    arkinventory
    atlasloot
    DBM
    recount
    tidyplates
    quartz casting bar
    killshot

thats basically all i use.