Has WoW removed the speed limits?

I last played in 9.1 where I got CE. I really enjoyed it but what drove me away was all the weekly chores that you couldn't make up if you missed them.

If I remember correctly Renown and mythic dungeon currency were gated in that they had caps that increased week to week. But if you skipped a week you could catch up the following week. Gating never really bothered me.

But Torghast and reputation grinds had a speed limit that capped what you could do in any given week. So if I took a week off there was no way for me to make it up the following week. I was permanently behind. The game wasn't just telling me what I had to do but was telling me exactly when I had to do it. Torghast was especially bad because I didn't even need the currency, but I felt like I had to hedge against Blizzard nerfing my legendary or buffing a different one. So I wasn't even working towards something. It was miserable.

Is this still a large component of the game or have they fixed this?

Think the only thing that is actually gated is the upgrade currency, with the "you can earn this much per week" to keep you from upgrading to 4/4m on first week.
    I guess renown kinda is too with the limited number of dailies.

The only thing related to gear that might put one on the hedge are the sparks for crafting epic gear, which are time gated to one per 2 weeks usually. You need one to craft a item that isn't a 2 hander, iirc.

You get sparks from pretty much everything tho, so no forced grind on that front.
    Last edited by Ghostile; 2024-04-19 at 05:51 AM.

For PvE the power timegating is gone. You can resub, boost to 60, beat the levelling questlines and rush through the patch zone questlines over a week, get some gear from the Emerald Dream questline, and then you can start farming Mythic +10s over and over to gear up. You get the best gear from doing 20s, and M+ dungeons are easier than ever before. Anyone can do +20s. They're not hard. Everything before +10s is braindead easy to the point that you just start at +10 no problem (Blizzard is actually removing the current 1 through 10 bracket in the next patch because they're so easy everybody skips them, so starting the next patch the current 11s through 20s will become the new 1 through 10s). Currently the only real grinds in Dragonflight are the rep grinds if you want dragon customizations or toys for RPing.

(There is a little bit of PvE power timegating with the Great Vault optimizations since you can only pick one Great Vault item per week, but the PvE content outside of mythic raids is so easy that you do not need BIS great vault gear with the "correct" stats and trinkets. You can easily get the highest gear you need from M+ 20s and then you're good to go for everything normal players do. There is also the creation catalyst, where every two weeks you get a charge that allows you to convert gear into a tier piece, but again the PvE content is so easy you don't even need to bother with that microlevel of optimization).

For PvP there is still timegating in how much Conquest you earn each week at the start of a patch, but if you come in late in a patch like right now you can spam RBGs as much as you want get geared as much as you want, though unfortunately everyone else is fully conquest geared so you will may have some difficulty getting into RBG pugs (I advise joining a PvP community or discord so you have people you can run with. You want to place yourself in an environment where people actually get to know and care about each other, rather than flipping through groups of randoms who don't care about each other and view each other as cogs in the machine to be replaced at the drop of a hat for the highest ilevel/rated players), and ofcourse you will get killed more often until you get mostly conquest geared. EDIT: I just remembered that Blizzard made a change a while back where upgrading your conquest gear only improves it's PvE stats, so everyone has the same stats in PvP? I can't remember.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2024-04-19 at 08:56 AM.

Ya, it's mostly gone.

PVP gearing is super fast right now, for example.

I got full conquest in 2 days (not really trying) by doing solo shuffle and the weekly quests

I'm trying to do solo shuffle for a quick way to get the resto shaman elite set and it's... maybe the most miserable thing I've ever done in this game. I'd highly advise against anyone healing solo shuffle. It's clearly intended for masochists. Truly awful.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aadric View Post
    I last played in 9.1 where I got CE. I really enjoyed it but what drove me away was all the weekly chores that you couldn't make up if you missed them.

If I remember correctly Renown and mythic dungeon currency were gated in that they had caps that increased week to week. But if you skipped a week you could catch up the following week. Gating never really bothered me.

But Torghast and reputation grinds had a speed limit that capped what you could do in any given week. So if I took a week off there was no way for me to make it up the following week. I was permanently behind. The game wasn't just telling me what I had to do but was telling me exactly when I had to do it. Torghast was especially bad because I didn't even need the currency, but I felt like I had to hedge against Blizzard nerfing my legendary or buffing a different one. So I wasn't even working towards something. It was miserable.

Is this still a large component of the game or have they fixed this?
    so the rep is still gated, as in you can only do so many world quests in a week. however, there is no need to rush through because they give zero player power. It's not like SL at all which gated player power behind renown through the soulbind system.