Deleted

Ten Tips for Transitioning WoW Players - (NOT MY GUIDE)

A nice guide i found for those switching from WoW to SW:TOR. Probably most of you already know this stuff but for those that don't hopefully this will help.

I did not write this guide.

http://swtorhub.com/ten-tips-transitioning-wow-players

Hope it helps!

Not bad. The terminology thing probably should have mentioned how primary stats work, though.

Interesting guide, even though I knew a large part of it, the other bits did help me out.

To bad the trolls and WoW fanboys will start ripping on this.

Ow wait.. never mind, Awfulx already started on that.

presence doesnt affect healing anymore...i dont think it has for a while now =/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Styxz View Post
    Nice one, thanks for pointing it out.

Presence no longer increases healing, it is now used only to increase companion effectiveness. (It may be considered a secondary stat now because it doesn't seem to appear on any low-mid level gear I've found) Healing is instead now increased by each classes' primary stat. Endurance is unchanged, it still increases health for all classes in the same way.

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/commen...the_new_build/

The stats chosen for that Terminology section seem to be chosen completely at random and it is also incorrect for most of them. Though really, comparing base stats from WoW to TOR is not exactly helpful anyway. Better to just list which classes use which base attribute because that is the system being used by TOR.

Sith Warrior/ Jedi Knight = Strength
    Sith Inquisitor/ Jedi Consular = Willpower
    Bounty Hunter/ Trooper = Aim
    Smuggler/ Imperial Agent = Cunning

A better terminology comparison would be something more like:
    (WoW) Haste ---> (TOR) alacrity
    Attack Power ---> Power
    Hit ---> Accuracy
    Parry ---> Defence
    Block ---> Shield
    Block Value ---> Absorption
    Resilience ---> Expertise

There are a few more secondary stats but they don't correspond to WoW stats as well as the above do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Styxz View Post
    Aye I think they limited it to just effecting companions HP and damage, not entirely sure though.

Decent enough guide for those who would need it . One thing I noticed was his comment about 'fuming about why there is only one action bar', there are the same amount of action bars as there are in WoW and you turn them in the same way, unless the guide was written before they added extra bars to Swtor maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    One thing I noticed was his comment about 'fuming about why there is only one action bar', there are the same amount of action bars as there are in WoW and you turn them in the same way, unless the guide was written before they added extra bars to Swtor maybe.
    The guide was saying you "don't have to fume..." because you can use the menu to add more.

They also give a pretty misleading explanation of advanced classes that will only produce more players that think advanced class= advanced spec.

Don't get me wrong, very well put together and organized.

It's just some of the info is outdated or a little too simplified to the point it's misleading

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PuliGT View Post
    The guide was saying you "don't have to fume..." because you can use the menu to add more.
    Ah right, thought it was weird that he'd be saying there was a difference .

I agree, it's a little misleading. But it's a sturdy enough guide i can give it to a friend who hasn't even played WoW for a substantial amount of time and understand the terminology.
    "Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry." --Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time
    "Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life." --Terry Pratchett, JiNGO
    TP, Godspeed

10+ Year Old Account
    Well instead of correcting a TTH article in MMO-Champion I actually posted what stats really do. Its unfortunate their comment section doesn't allow for line breaks.

Its amazing that a modern website can't do what I just did there ^
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

I think presence only affects companion now.. Which is fine.. It's pretty much a solo-only status.

Pointless. Temporary at best. SWTOR will be dead when GW2 comes out.

Infracted. Don't troll.
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-12-11 at 08:10 PM.

#11: This isn't WoW. The poor behavior you have been able to get away with for the last 2 years in LFD will quickly get you blacklisted on your server.