Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Anyone else hoping they don't get early access?

When I say early access, I mean on the 13th. I know for a fact that I'll play this hardcore as soon as I get invited regardless of how much sleep I get. It's just that I'm off work the 17th-25th and I'd really like to start then. I'd hate to get to a really point in the story and go "Ahh crap, I have work in five hours."

I write two exams on the 17th and I'm most likely going to get in on the 13th... I'm screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavacop View Post
    When I say early access, I mean on the 13th. I know for a fact that I'll play this hardcore as soon as I get invited regardless of how much sleep I get. It's just that I'm off work the 17th-25th and I'd really like to start then. I'd hate to get to a really point in the story and go "Ahh crap, I have work in five hours."
    This just reminds me of the first world problems meme.

OT no, ^-^ but ill only get one day cuz i preordered on the 3rd i think?

I'm off the 16th, 17th and 18th.

Bring it!

Not a chance. This has been the longest 2 weeks ever.
    "The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." - Aristotle

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavacop View Post
    I scheduled time off for the 15th through the 19th ... when they moved the early start date, I had a mini nervous breakdown. I'm okay with it now, but I can guaran-damn-tee that Tuesday I will be basically unproductive the whole day; day-dreaming about my Agent in SWTOR.
    SCUM AND VILLAINY
    You will never find a more wretched hive...

Not so much, but of course I ordered 11/30 -- so I'm towards the back of the bus.. Trada ya!

I ordered 11-28 because I was so on the fence before I actually go to play. I was happy thinking I'd get accepted later than everyone. I'd be off work and they'd get some of the usual launch bugs and server problems worked out. Then they announced early access would start the 13th. Not that I thought I'd get in on the 13th, just that my time would get moved up than what I had hoped for.

And yes, this is a total first world problem.
    Last edited by Lavacop; 2011-12-12 at 03:36 AM.

For something like this launch I'll not look the gift horse in the mouth - so to speak.

I'll take what early access I can get. Work like normal through the day and play like mad at night for this last week before the holidays.

Then play more on than off till Jan. 3 when I have to return to work from vacation.

It should be more than fun if it's anything like beta.

I have finals on the 13th and I'll be driving across scenic West Texas on the 14th, so I won't mind if I get in on the 15th or later.

Honestly, man, I got laid off last week and I'm bored as shit looking for a new job - I will welcome the diversion from real life, whenever I get it. :/

I got the 13th but some Irl stuff is coming up which will make it so I hardly play.... o well only 9 days left till complete launch

I have exams during most of the EGA period plus a couple days after release. I'll gladly take access on the 13th, it'll be a good way to relax in between exams.

Haven't ordered it yet. Will buy and play when Im ready.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elitenls View Post
    Honestly, man, I got laid off last week and I'm bored as shit looking for a new job - I will welcome the diversion from real life, whenever I get it. :/
    Holy crap, that sucks dude. Nothing like ringin' in the season with a layoff. Best of luck getting back on your feet (and here's to hoping that the severance package was at least decent - if they even gave you one)
    SCUM AND VILLAINY
    You will never find a more wretched hive...

Quote Originally Posted by ancestorTOR View Post
    Holy crap, that sucks dude. Nothing like ringin' in the season with a layoff. Best of luck getting back on your feet (and here's to hoping that the severance package was at least decent - if they even gave you one)
    I appreciate the sentiment. The severance was good, and it wasn't a "surprise, you're fired, get your shit and get out" type layoff, we knew it was coming weeks in advance. It's all good; but reality is a bitch and it's Christmas time - I'd like to lose myself for a day or two like back when WoW came out ... y'know, before it got all stupid.

Nope. Early Access can't start early enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by elitenls View Post
    I appreciate the sentiment. The severance was good, and it wasn't a "surprise, you're fired, get your shit and get out" type layoff, we knew it was coming weeks in advance. It's all good; but reality is a bitch and it's Christmas time - I'd like to lose myself for a day or two like back when WoW came out ... y'know, before it got all stupid.
    I got laid off right before Lich King came out and I knew it was coming too. It was kinda sweet waking up: "What do you wanna do today?" Play some WoW and maybe look for a job.

No. Because im disciplined enough to not play all night long and in doing so, shoot myself in the foot (figure of speech) regarding work. But that being said, im counting myself lucky if i get to play over the weekend.
    But seriously, its a game. There are more important things, but yah im looking forward to spending my free time playing TOR.

I have finals this coming week too... sigh.

Oh well! Don't usually study anyways! But I'll feel guilty now rofl