Thread: Syria

Page 56 of 87 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Liara View Post
    I disagree, and now your claim has been disproved.
    It's a known fact. You can google it. Good try though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alkyd View Post
    It's a known fact. You can google it. Good try though.
    He was referring to the fact that you said "everyone", as in every human on the planet (with the possible exception of those in America) hates America. He said that he does not hate America. Therefore you were wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    He was referring to the fact that you said "everyone", as in every human on the planet (with the possible exception of those in America) hates America. He said that he does not hate America. Therefore you were wrong.
    Sometimes people shouldn't take things literally. When I said "everyone", I was expressing figuratively. Of course not everyone, but everyone except few.

Sometimes people shouldn't take things literally. When I said "everyone", I was expressing figuratively. Of course not everyone, but everyone except few.
    Which is just as wrong as the literal interpretation.

Which is just as wrong as the literal interpretation.
    Well, I will rephrase then.

The American Government is World Police that most of the world hates. Try to prove otherwise.
    Last edited by alkyd; 2012-08-04 at 08:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

The American Government is World Police that majority hate. Try to prove otherwise.
    You donate millions of dollars from offshore holdings to violent anarchist groups every year. Try proving otherwise.

See, that type of argument doesn't really work, does it?

The American Government is World Police that most of the world hates. Try to prove otherwise.
    As long as you continue to make stupid generalizations without any proof (and telling me to "google it" doesn't count), I'll continue to say that you're wrong.

Deleted
    I do of course understand why you'd want to end this family's reign but the fact is your country is not ready for democracy.
    Lets take a look at Libya and Egypt, the same thing happened there and today both countries are run by religion which is nothing else but dictatorship as well. Everybody wanted their dictator to be gone but no one had any clue how to run a country.

Hate me if you will, but this is the truth and cannot be denied. It will be hell of a challenge to rebuild your country and you'll need help from the rest of the world. Right now there are a lot of global problems going on so it's understandable that you havn't recieved that much help from other countries.
    Last edited by mmocbd7275b6ea; 2012-08-04 at 08:13 PM.

You donate millions of dollars from offshore holdings to violent anarchist groups every year. Try proving otherwise.

Of course it does. If you name those violent anarchist groups, the argument isn't going to work. But you can't, can you?

On the other hand, I can name the countries that have been oppressed by the World Police.

Deleted
    You can't democratize a country with such strong religious views. Sooner rather than later some religious leader will have a gang rallying around him and it's all downhill from there.
    Even Turkey, where islam is weak, has issues keeping it at that low level.

As long as you continue to make stupid generalizations without any proof (and telling me to "google it" doesn't count), I'll continue to say that you're wrong.
    I don't need to proof something obvious and common. If you continue to say that I am wrong, then I assume you live on another planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course it does. If you name those violent anarchist groups, the argument isn't going to work. But you can't, can you?

On the other hand, I can name the countries that have been oppressed by the World Police.
    Yes, I can. Last year you gave approximately 4.6m USD to the Informal Anarchist Federation in the form of weapons, ammunition, and preserved food supplies. Prove that you didn't.

10+ Year Old Account

ohh i cant remember the name of the bank but one of the major banks in england recently was busted for dealing money for a whole bunch of groups like al qaeda
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

I don't need to proof something obvious and common. If you continue to say that I am wrong, then I assume you live on another planet.
    It's obvious that the Flying Spaghetti Monster exists. It's also common knowledge that said monster has meatballs in it.
    I don't need to provide evidence for this claim, since it's so obvious and common - right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I can. Last year you gave approximately 4.6m USD to the Informal Anarchist Federation in the form of weapons, ammunition, and preserved food supplies. Prove that you didn't.
    prove that we did
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

My name is Arman Fandorin. If you can relate me to anarchist organization, I will give you that 4.6m USD.

On the other hand, I can relate the American government to World Police.

---------- Post added 2012-08-05 at 12:28 AM ----------

It's obvious that the Flying Spaghetti Monster exists. It's also common knowledge that said monster has meatballs in it.
    I don't need to provide evidence for this claim, since it's so obvious and common - right?
    Flying Spaghetti Monster has meatballs in it vs. American government is World Police. Hm which one is more obvious and common? Indeed you live on another planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    prove that we did
    You missed my point. I was saying that alkyd specifically gave that to them. I was trying to show him why making a statement and then saying "prove me wrong" is childish and idiotic. Unfortunately, it's not working.

My name is Arman Fandorin. If you can relate me to anarchist organization, I will give you that 4.6m USD.

On the other hand, I can relate the American government to World Police.

---------- Post added 2012-08-05 at 12:28 AM ----------

Flying Spaghetti Monster has meatballs in it vs. American government is World Police. Hm which one is more obvious and common? Indeed you live on another planet.
    You are completely missing the point. Which is that claims need evidence, and saying said evidence is unneeded because the claim is "obvious and common" will get you nowhere.

Tell you what - let's say the US is indeed the "World Police", and that it oppresses countries. Let's also assume that it has "oppressed" 10 countries. That's still 10/196, meaning 5% of the world's countries.

You are completely missing the point. Which is that claims need evidence, and saying said evidence is unneeded because the claim is "obvious and common" will get you nowhere.

Tell you what - let's say the US is indeed the "World Police", and that it oppresses countries. Let's also assume that it has "oppressed" 10 countries. That's still 10/196, meaning 5% of the world's countries.
    10 countries or 5% of the world or in this case millions of people is enough to be called World Police. No other modern government has done such a thing.

10 countries or 5% of the world or in this case millions of people is enough to be called World Police. No other modern government has done such a thing.
    Except that's not what you claimed. You claimed "everyone hates them", and then changed it to "most of the world".
    Sorry to break it to you, but 5% is not most of the world, and definitely not everyone.

Not to mention that I was completely exaggerating with the 10, but that was for the sake of proving you wrong, while still satisfying your need for a high number.