Poll: Transformer or Mutant?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Transformer or Mutant?

The title pretty much sums it up; if you could choose between being a Transformer or a Mutant, which would you be?

Transformers
    Pros: Lot of weapon variability (Energon Swords/axes/maces, guns (both 'human' type, and Cybertronian, so Sonic cannons, plasma cannons, shockwave cannons etc)
    Many alternate modes: Trucks, planes, trains, tanks etc. The possibilities are endless.
    Extremely durable: You can take lots of punishment.
    Strong/Fast: You weigh several tons, move fast (in some cases) and very strong.
    Intelligent: Intelligence is on a human spectrum.

Cons: Vunerable to electricity (assuming Transformers have no way of dealing with it, though I'd imagine they are surge protected haha). Magneto could crush them into a tin can unless they did an unexpected attack or something.

Mutants
    Pros: Tons of powers. Storm, strength, magnetism, speed, intellect, shapeshift, animal senses etc.
    You're still human, so you can do all the human things.
    Intelligence: You are smarter than the average human in some cases.

Cons: You still have a human body (though some mutants rectify this by hardened skin etc), and the limitations with it.

Personally, I would choose Transformer, but if the mutant power was desirable, I would take Mutant instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvt Huson View Post
    I want to make an 80ft golden dong and get terrorised by fisher price shoggoths
    “You heard the man,” Jaime said to Ilyn Payne. “Find a nice long spear, and shove it up his arse.”

mutant then shape shift into a transformer
    게임 은 어렵~~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    mutant then shape shift into a transformer
    May as well just have gone Transformer then.

I'd like to be Starscream. Who needs a private jet..... WHEN YOU ARE A PRIVATE JET!!!

Deleted
    I'll just make my body as tough as a Transformer and give myself Electric powers. Your move Transformers.
    Last edited by mmocadda1d7289; 2011-12-12 at 09:10 PM.

Depends too much on the mutant power.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Quote Originally Posted by DissPanda View Post
    I'll just make my body as tough as a Transformer and give myself Electric powers. Your move Transformers.
    Energon swords, or an axe will still get the job done. Also, have fun at getting at the Transformers spark :-P Unless you destroy that, a Transformer can be brought back.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvt Huson View Post
    I want to make an 80ft golden dong and get terrorised by fisher price shoggoths
    “You heard the man,” Jaime said to Ilyn Payne. “Find a nice long spear, and shove it up his arse.”

Mutant. Sorry, but last I checked, transformers can't have sex. /shrug
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

Deleted
    Dont forget a Transformer can almost live forever if they maintain their bodies.

Anyway Transformer ftw Soundwave all the way.

Mutant. Being a robot-car would be funny for a while, but it would get old fast. And, you know... superpowers...

10+ Year Old Account
    I cannot imagine anyone actually, if faced with this kind of ridiculous decision, wanting to give up their humanity and ability to be a normal member of society in order to become a giant robot who would have no place in the world and would probably be taken away and be tested on and researched for your technology.

UNLESS

as a mutant you'd be the wheelchair-bound freak kid from the X-Men movie (Jason Stryker aka Mutant 143)
    Last edited by Eggers; 2011-12-13 at 02:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azidonis View Post
    Anyway, their egos, or "epeens" (electronic penises) aside, here are a few links that may help:

Mutant, unless my mutant power was something ridiculously stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mutant. Eggers summed up what I came here to say when he/she mentioned that a transformer would have no place in this world. At least most mutants can conceal their powers... so as long as you don't go walking down the streets going "Hurr durr I shoots lasers out mah eyes" you can be a welcomed member of society.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mutants can have sex. So Mutant.

Deleted
    Mutant definitely, with tele-abilities.

Deleted
    Transformer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane Falcon View Post
    Mutant. Sorry, but last I checked, transformers can't have sex. /shrug
    Yeah, i'd rather be a person than a robot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crackleslap View Post
    Mutants can have sex. So Mutant.
    Glad i'm not the only one who thought that.

Mutant with Telekenisis thanks. The most OP ability that is never fully used. - Oh hey Banshee, I just closed your mouth. Oh hey Cyclops, I just closed your eyes, oh hey Magneto I just lifted off your helmet so a Psychic could shut you down. Oh hey Wolverine/Hulk I just stopped your heart/stopped you breathing.

Seriously. Telekenisis is waaaaay overpowered and never fully used.

Mutant, they're just plain better. Some mutants are immortal and have the power to destroy the world. Strongest being in the world, and immortality? I'm really not seeing a downside to this. Assuming Marvel mutants btw.

---------- Post added 2011-12-13 at 01:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by splashattack View Post
    Glad i'm not the only one who thought that.

Mutant with Telekenisis thanks. The most OP ability that is never fully used. - Oh hey Banshee, I just closed your mouth. Oh hey Cyclops, I just closed your eyes, oh hey Magneto I just lifted off your helmet so a Psychic could shut you down. Oh hey Wolverine/Hulk I just stopped your heart/stopped you breathing.

Seriously. Telekenisis is waaaaay overpowered and never fully used.
    Wolverine can't be killed by stopping his heart or breathing, or even something more extreme like vaporizing his brain. Killing Wolverine requires that you destroy every single atom of his body, or he will reform. And his adamantium bones means you need at least class 1000 damage to be able to scratch him, aside from just flesh wounds of course.

That being said, Wolverine can be functionally killed by sticking an adamantium needle through his spine, as it would stop all brain function until an outside force removes the needle as his regenerating cells aren't strong enough to break adamantium.

Hulk is very overrated, his extra strength from anger caps at class 125, and it doesn't increase his other physical characteristics.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2011-12-13 at 01:17 PM.

Deleted
    Mutant, then become good at Starcraft with my superior intelligence and speed!