SSD advice / compatibility

Hey guys i ordered this system today. I am a bit worried regarding the ssd basically what do you think shall i invest on an 120 gb one so i can keep my programms there?

And would it work on the specific system. Can i just switch the OCZ 60GB Agility 3 Series 2.5¨ SATA III [AGT3-25SAT3-60G) to its 120 gb version without changing anything else in my order?

cpu Intel Core i5-2500K
    mobo Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3
    gpu Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 - 2 GB
    psu Corsair Enthusiast Series 650W
    cooler Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 High Performance CPU Cooler
    case SuperCase LX-803 Black Case
    monitor Dell U2312HM Ultrasharp 23¨ Wide LED
    ssd OCZ 60GB Agility 3 Series 2.5¨ SATA III [AGT3-25SAT3-60G)
    ram ram Kingston 8GB HyperX Genesis Limited Edition 1600MHz (Kit of 2)
    hdd Seagate 500GB Barracuda SATA III [ST500DM002]
    Last edited by MarizzaDraenor; 2011-12-12 at 09:59 PM.

Hey which edition of Windows are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Renzall View Post
    Hey which edition of Windows are you using?
    Windows 7 home premium 64 bit. Have them on my current pc will simply move them on new one.

Deleted
    Both are SATA3, both have same controller (SandForce SF-2281). TRIM is supported because you using Win 7.
    Difference between them is only amount of flash chips inside, basically they are same family, just different sizes.
    No problems.

Great thanks Cawabunga that helps me huge.

Now to the trick question. They have a difference of 70-75 or so euros if you go from the 60 to the 120 one.

is it worth paying that gap for a couple of pc games and will you notice a difference worth the price? I am mainly talking about WoW 25 mans maybe some Skyrim SC 2 Diablo 3 maybe SWTOR etc.

I am already 150 euros over my budget basically. I am not going to hurt if i spend the extra 70 since i dont make personal or expensive purchases often just curious if its really worth it.

This is supposed to be a pc for games just to be clear WoW 25 mans above all else.

Deleted
    Np, glad to help.
    If you planning install several games then 120Gb version would be better, important that you will install on-line games on SSD for faster access. Especially WoW, for MPQ files faster access, witch are basically database of everything (sounds, animations, textures, etc..). Or WoW on SSD and Skyrim on other HDD.
    Another version, first you just go with 1 60Gb and later when you can, you will add another 60Gb SSD and stripe both to RAID0 (60Gb+60Gb, total 120Gb). More performance but it will be bit more expensive than 1 120Gb.
    For multiple games with low disk space 1 trick is, first you install game and then compress it or just copy on other HDD with folders included. Afterwards you can delete game from SSD and because registry already contains information about deleted game. To play it again you just extract or copy deleted game from other HDD to original location. For off-line games just check where save games are, if they are in same folder as game, just back them up before deleting game. Bit of hassle but, here's little work around if your disk space is limited.
    Last edited by mmoca9bc5b1f6b; 2011-12-12 at 11:40 PM.