Some exp questions

So as I understand it their are class quests and side quests. Soo if I were only to do the main quest straight through and disregard the side quests would this be enough xp to level me to 50 with also doing the occasional warzone and flashpoint? What would happen if I did this and was for instance level 6 and finishing up the first planet, would it let me go to the second planet?

My next question is do u lose xP per mob when grouped? How viable would it be for a friend and I to level different classes and skip side quests but both do each others class quests and only play when both of us are on, would that be enough xp?

Deleted
    So as I understand it their are class quests and side quests. Soo if I were only to do the main quest straight through and disregard the side quests would this be enough xp to level me to 50 with also doing the occasional warzone and flashpoint? What would happen if I did this and was for instance level 6 and finishing up the first planet, would it let me go to the second planet?

My next question is do u lose xP per mob when grouped? How viable would it be for a friend and I to level different classes and skip side quests but both do each others class quests and only play when both of us are on, would that be enough xp?
    You can move to a new planet after finishing the main quests but if you skip HC quests and side quests you will end up moving to a planet and strugling because you will be 2-4 levels lower than whats recommended, other factors could be how many fp's,wz's you do. You should do the side quests really

For the 2nd question i understand if you are grouped you actually get an exp bonus but someone else will need to confirm this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by looopy View Post

If you do plan on playing with a friend it would be silly not to do the heroic quests during each planet's storyline. They usually give incredibly good rewards and tons of xp.

Deleted
    There is no xp penalty for grouping with other people. In fact Bioware reward people for it with their social points. If you plan to lvl alongside a friend you will lvl faster by grouping up.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgo View Post
    ...but if you skip HC quests and side quests you will end up moving to a planet and strugling because you will be 2-4 levels lower than whats recommended, other factors could be how many fp's,wz's you do. You should do the side quests really
    Just to be a little more specific, I managed to get a Bounty Hunter myself to level 34, and I can say I skipped EVERY single heroic quest (assuming that's what you meant by HC) but I did do pretty much every side quest though and was never really behind the levels of the areas I was in (never more than -1, but actually +1-2 in some areas), and to top it off some people are claiming the exp rate was raised since the last beta, so you can at least skip the group quests/flashpoints.

I would think you would actually over-level everything if you did EVERYTHING.
    Last edited by isda187; 2011-12-14 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by isda187 View Post
    Just to be a little more specific, I managed to get a Bounty Hunter myself to level 34, and I can say I skipped EVERY single heroic quest (assuming that's what you meant by HC) but I did do pretty much every side quest though and was never really behind the levels of the areas I was in (never more than -1, but actually +1-2 in some areas), and to top it off some people are claiming the exp rate was raised since the last beta, so you can at least skip the group quests/flashpoints.

I would think you would actually over-level everything if you did EVERYTHING.
    Yeah. Since the starter world XP was buffed this is what happened. I just got to the City on the second planet and I am already 13. In the first beta I was in I was 9 (played solo) the next 2 I was 10 (grouped) and live 13.

I did every quest on the starter Planet all 4 times
    "Peace is a lie"