Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    It's the wrong part of the cinematic you're complaining about. The part that doesn't make sense in Alexstrasza saying "We have fullfilled our purpose" As far as I know the Dragon Aspects were created by the Titans to watch over the Old Gods. And suddenly their purpose was to stop the hour of twilight (Which was caused by one of them to begin with)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RadmaKanow View Post
    Mind that with Deathwing death other Aspects lost their Imortality, not their special abilities. And it's really surprising that Life-Binder "detected" new life.
    I think that this cinematic is really great with deep message. Ofc ppl who expected explosions, bare-hand cataclysm reversing, lots of blood, flames and destruction while heroes emerging from shattered surroundings while massively epic music in background are disappointed as they simply cannot comprehend the magnificence of that cinematic.
    No, the Aspects lost their special powers *and* their immortality, but they are still dragons who will live for a very very long time. Alexstraza detected it earlier. Aggra probably didn't tell Thrall because it was recent and she didn't know it either... as for Thrall's lack of surprise, just check his facial expression in the video when she says it, he's happy.

Also... the dawning of the age of mortals... I highly doubt it was Alexstraza who implanted the baby. My guess would be that they had sex after their wedding, before Thrall went back to saving the world. Note that in the game, very little time has passed, it doesn't go like time in the real world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adeodatus View Post
    Well that's just the thing, by this point she wasn't the aspect of life anymore, well no more than in name only at least. Those powers were expended, completly and utterly. She just has her natural powers now, and while considerable, give her no domain of Life.

Other than that, I found the scene to be fine.
    Animals can often sense pregnancy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Common sense states otherwise
    And what rules of common sense apply to fantasy worlds? Especially fantasy worlds that draw from common mythology that is full of gods and godlike beings impregnating unsuspecting females with their power.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Holz - their purpose was to protect the planet. They didn't realize that the Hour of Twilight was the main event of their purpose and they understood it only when they realized they would have to break their vows (Nozdormu) and use up all of their power to defeat one of their own kind.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FemaleGoblinMage View Post
    Did anyone else find that silly in the ending video? We have the dragon aspects announcing to the world a new age, after a devastating fight with Deathwing, but wait a second, there is time to check who is pregnant and hint it to the father.
    Didn't hear what she said, was looking at her tits.

aspect of life. she likely didn't 'check', she simply knew the whole time and took the brief moment to inform them about it.

imagine for a moment that you can simply see life, as soon as Aggra shows up preggo you can 'see' the child in her, but shit is going down. everything settles down, so you go ahead and tell her that you saw a child's life in her.

honestly it makes perfect sense.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    And what rules of common sense apply to fantasy worlds? Especially fantasy worlds that draw from common mythology that is full of gods and godlike beings impregnating unsuspecting females with their power.
    This is a misconception that fantasy = no basic laws. What's more likely? A couple having a child OR a dragon randomly impregnating an orc?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a misconception that fantasy = no basic laws. What's more likely? A couple having a child OR a dragon randomly impregnating an orc?
    Dragon randomly impregnating an orc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    For all that's holy - NO WAY! There are enough half-orcs already in the game. And while Thrall is surely the most attractive member of his race viewn through the eyes of a human female, he is still an ork, and not quite the man I would like to combine my genes with. Yeah, love is blind... but Jaina is not a mere woman, she's a regnant of a city, and an important mage. While she could get away with an half-ork bastard, she would have been crazy to even think of it. And besides that, I don't think that she's however in love with Thrall. Not in the sexual way, at least. Why can't we leave it at "they admire each other deeply and are best friends and companions", why does it always have to be sexual?
    dat + shes still emoing about Arthas.

Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    It's the wrong part of the cinematic you're complaining about. The part that doesn't make sense in Alexstrasza saying "We have fullfilled our purpose" As far as I know the Dragon Aspects were created by the Titans to watch over the Old Gods. And suddenly their purpose was to stop the hour of twilight (Which was caused by one of them to begin with)?
    Blizzard uploaded a story what happened between Firelands and the hour of twilight on thier website a few days ago, prehaps you should go check it out to clear out your confusion.

Guys? your all wrong about aggra being prenant...i think alexstraza was hinting towards 1 day aggra having a child. your all thinking about the future not quite the present.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Deleted
    For all that's holy - NO WAY! There are enough half-orcs already in the game. And while Thrall is surely the most attractive member of his race viewn through the eyes of a human female, he is still an ork, and not quite the man I would like to combine my genes with. Yeah, love is blind... but Jaina is not a mere woman, she's a regnant of a city, and an important mage. While she could get away with an half-ork bastard, she would have been crazy to even think of it. And besides that, I don't think that she's however in love with Thrall. Not in the sexual way, at least. Why can't we leave it at "they admire each other deeply and are best friends and companions", why does it always have to be sexual?
    lol I never thought I'd find "gene supremacy" in this thread.

PS. She looks horrible as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Dragon randomly impregnating an orc.
    +1

Your average fantasy story, unless there's already skin on the cover (in which case, double check the shelving location for accuracy), would rather spend 99 pages talking about love and 1 page with a miraculous "divine" conception than cover the uncomfortable subject of penis. Because once you say penis, then you have 1000 questions about how orcs do it ... because it's important to the lore.... yea... >.> And most of the time it's just not relevant. So you get all of this "begot" and "heir" crap, or "the prophecy revealed a child." Unless the mother dies in childbirth, I almost never see direct references do biology.

And on that tangent, it makes sense that they didn't do the "durotar dance" or the "nagrand slam" because neither one of them has enough bite marks and they can both still walk straight. A race hazed by bloodlust for that long, you know they're not going to do it on rose petals.
    Warning: this comment occasionally contains strong language (which may be unsuitable for children), unusual humor (which may be unsuitable for adults), and advanced mathematics (which may be unsuitable for liberal-arts majors).
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ

10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall and Aggra got married. You know what people do on their wedding night?

Quote Originally Posted by Waniou View Post
    I... what? Jaina gets Aggra pregnant?

Also. Can't shake mental image of Thrall and Aggra doing the nasty >_<
    Rule #34.

Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    Woah, the aspect of life is in harmony with all life around her, and can sense the presence of a child?

What I found very stupid, is that she didn't let the mother tell this to her husband herself.... It was like 'good fight Thrall, oh btw, your wife is pregnant. SURPRISE!!!'
    Well Thrall didn't really do anything except try (poorly) to keep people from falling in the water.
    So he deserved the spoiler! :P

Really sick of Thrall, he's been built up but basically did jack and shit this whole expansion.
    Dragon Aspects just needed some sucker to hold the Dragon Soul so they didn't have to risk it.

Anyway other answers about how Alex knew are obvious and it makes perfect sense.

Yes because Thrall never wanted children
    he was gay with Cairne until cataclysm

then was forced to find love in other places

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really liked the cinematic personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not detecting life... It's creating new life... Theoretically, the baby will have two mothers since it is indeed Alextrasza who made Aggra pregnant. It's the gift of life!

Odd are she was hinting that Aggra was pregnant. At least she didnt have to buy one of those tests and pee on the strip.
    I'm rolling a Blunt Elf... That's a high-elf that likes to party.

Deleted
    Why can't we leave it at "they admire each other deeply and are best friends and companions", why does it always have to be sexual?
    Why ? (czech subtitles, dont be afraid it´s in english :-))
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MAmM...&feature=share