Are the tank classes basically equal?

I was listening to totalbiscuit's class breakdown and he called the sith inquisitor an offtank, does that mean that they are weaker tanks than the others or am I misinterpreting what he said there?

I was playing a jedi shadow in the beta weekend, and I noticed that at level 15ish I still didn't have a tanking "stance", which I found extremely odd. what's the deal there?

10+ Year Old Account
    Totalbiscuit just plays games for 10mins and produces videos. All 3 are extremely close in mitigation, etc - just choose the style you wish to play. Shadow definitely gets their tanking "stance" at least around lvl20 because I played on my friends'.

The main differences are the mechanics behind the abilities. Juggernauts "build" points that are used for abilities, Assassins use their regenerative force as their resource and powertechs have to manage their heat (gaining it and getting rid of it).

Juggernauts are definitively a lot more single target orientated whereas Assassins have a lot of AoE and CCs at their disposal. Powertechs, although "ranged" have to be in close range to use the majority of their tanking abilities but do have a few abilities that help position mobs or increase movement speed. They also have decent AoE I believe.

That's what I thought, thanks.

straight from the devs mouths: all tanks are equal
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

I'd say that if they aren't at least approximately equal, they'll get adjusted. The designers want all the tanking ACs to be equally good at tanking. I doubt that they'll hit it exactly, but unless you're shooting for world firsts, the difference probably won't be critical.

This just in, totalbiscuit is a blowhard. Also, at 11, can bees think? A new study confirms that, no, they cannot.

Came to this thread expecting to rant on tanks in WoW...was disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    Came to this thread expecting to rant on tanks in WoW...was disappointed.
    Sorry, I play a paladin tank in WoW, the tank balance is off but it's in my favor so whatever