Thread: Book cover!

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Book cover!

This guy on deviantart made it for me, he won't send me the clean version until I pay him for it. What do you guys think? Is it nice? Would a book cover like that intrigue you if you saw it in a bookstore? I know I'm probably jumping the gun making a book cover, but I like having it, just something to help inspire me.

And obligatory: oh noz mah naem is on da interwebz plz don't rape me in mah sleep MMO-Champerz

10+ Year Old Account
    Where is it?

EDIT: Ah there it is, took some time to appear

Quote Originally Posted by The Great and Powerful View Post
    Does the title say "Noca"? But yeah, if it's a hardbound book and not a silly pocket book it would be pretty nice looking.
    Yeah, "Noca"

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Hm reminds me of a mix between "Assassin's Creed" and "Skyrim". Now "never judge a book by it's cover (herp derp cliché)", but it looks neat, has a Lovecraft feel to it.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Looks pretty cool IMO. I would get rid of the black bar under your name and just have the background texture cover the whole thing, but that's me.

For me, it gives it a sort of dark, norse, Skyrim-y feel to it. Is that what you are going for?
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Xebu View Post
    Looks pretty cool IMO. I would get rid of the black bar under your name and just have the background texture cover the whole thing, but that's me.

For me, it gives it a sort of dark, norse, Skyrim-y feel to it. Is that what you are going for?
    Yeah, kinda. I told him I wanted a Skyrim vibe to it, but make it distinct enough that people wouldn't just say it was a ripoff.

I'm planning it out as a series, and each book would have a different symbol to represent an important element in the story.

And yeah, I'm unsure about the black bar. I think I'll have it taken off.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Also, "X.J".... Are you an alien, or is your name Xerxes-John? (Both incidents are awesome)

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

how much is he charging you for this? Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    This is definitely important, however I'd say it looks good and certainly distinctive enough. I agree with the person who said it was Lovecraftian.

Also, if X.J. isn't a pseudonym or anything, you have some badass initials.

He's charging 15 pounds since it's simple and I brought him down a bit. He told me he usually gets 100 pounds for artworks, but he gave me a break http://alextooth.deviantart.com/ his work if anyone's interested, he's pretty good!

Hah, stands for Xavier Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    This is definitely important, however I'd say it looks good and certainly distinctive enough. I agree with the person who said it was Lovecraftian.

i think it looks a little too much like Skyrim, but maybe it's just me...

That's why i wanted to know how much he is charging for it.

---------- Post added 2011-12-14 at 05:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    He's charging 15 pounds since it's simple and I brought him down a bit. He told me he usually gets 100 pounds for artworks, but he gave me a break http://alextooth.deviantart.com/ his work if anyone's interested, he's pretty good!

Hah, stands for Xavier Jack.
    Sounds reasonable... i'd take it for 15 pounds without a second thought, it's decent enough for that price.

Also, do you have any recommendation for awesome artists with Diabloish art style?
    I need something along those lines for my book as well...

10+ Year Old Account
    The symbol looks kind of like Assassin's Creed, and overall the cover looks pretty damn cool.
    Varian: Look, I didn't touch your gunship, okay!
    Garrosh: I witnessed, with my eyes, your TESTICLES on my gunship!
    -Argent_Captain

Sounds reasonable... i'd take it for 15 pounds without a second thought, it's decent enough for that price.

Also, do you have any recommendation for awesome artists with Diabloish art style?
    I need something along those lines for my book as well...
    Hmm. I looked through just a few deviantartists before I found him, and there are really a lot of good artists on that site. You just have to find one who's willing to work without charging you an arm and a leg.

I suggest you just go to http://alextooth.deviantart.com/ his site, and then scroll down and look at his "Favorites". Find something you like, and then if that's not the guy for you, look through another person's "favorites" and just keep looking.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Hmm. I looked through just a few deviantartists before I found him, and there are really a lot of good artists on that site. You just have to find one who's willing to work without charging you an arm and a leg.

I suggest you just go to http://alextooth.deviantart.com/ his site, and then scroll down and look at his "Favorites". Find something you like, and then if that's not the guy for you, look through another person's "favorites" and just keep looking.
    Thank you very much Mister fancy avatar.

i'll do that and see how it works out

good luck on your book, hope everything works out for ya!
    And when it's ready make sure to send a link =)

Thank you very much Mister fancy avatar.

i'll do that and see how it works out

good luck on your book, hope everything works out for ya!
    And when it's ready make sure to send a link =)
    Good luck to you too and I will

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Hm reminds me of a mix between "Assassin's Creed" and "Skyrim". Now "never judge a book by it's cover (herp derp cliché)", but it looks neat, has a Lovecraft feel to it.
    I saw the assassin's creed in it as well.
    Also, an old game by the name of "Advent Rising"

also thanks for recommending that guy, his art is really cool , going to contact him :x

I would be intrigued enough to read the back cover but I really don't like the font.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Skelington is judging your book by its cover. Ohohohoho...

Lovecraftian is a nice word for it. Tis what he thought of too. Tis neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Skelington is judging your book by its cover. Ohohohoho...

Lovecraftian is a nice word for it. Tis what he thought of too. Tis neat.
    you never fail to amuse me.