Missing 1 mount screw for Hyper212 cpu cooler

Hey. this is my first computer build. I'm missing one of the four screws to mount the bracket to to the CPU, is there anywhere I can buy this screw from?

I checked the hardware store and they told me try radioshack. i tried radioshack and they told me to check the hardware store. Help please, thank you

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd take one of the existing screws into the hardware store and see if they can match it. You can try Radio Shack but I doubt they'll have it. There's a place about an hour away from me called Tacoma Screw and they have just about any screw / bolt / nut that you could want, so there might be a place like that near you.

Another option is to measure the length, find the thread pitch and size, and find one online. Or call Cooler Master and tell them and they might send you one for free
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Use the cooler that originally came with the processor for now, and return the H212 to where you bought it from as a defective.

... or you could first try what the ^ poster said.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

hey. i just got back from the hardware store and radioshack. they both don't have it. I did live chat with coolmaster and they weren't helpful. the guy wants me to order it and wait 7 days for shipping. I was hoping to build it today. I don't wanna return it to newegg as defective. i already had to RMA the motherboard and took 2 weeks just for me to get it back today.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zero450571 View Post
    hey. i just got back from the hardware store and radioshack. they both don't have it. I did live chat with coolmaster and they weren't helpful. the guy wants me to order it and wait 7 days for shipping. I was hoping to build it today. I don't wanna return it to newegg as defective. i already had to RMA the motherboard and took 2 weeks just for me to get it back today.
    RMA'ing it to newegg would've been faster imo, but this close to xmas I would be happy with 7 day.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey. this is my first computer build. I'm missing one of the four screws to mount the bracket to to the CPU, is there anywhere I can buy this screw from?

I checked the hardware store and they told me try radioshack. i tried radioshack and they told me to check the hardware store. Help please, thank you
    Where did you buy if from?

I had a similar problem with my CPU cooler... it got sent out with 4 screws... but 1 didn't have the notch to allow you to tighten it. Rang the store and they sent me out a new screw, no questions, no quibble, no charge.

---------- Post added 2011-12-14 at 05:47 PM ----------

I did live chat with coolmaster and they weren't helpful. the guy wants me to order it and wait 7 days for shipping.
    Again... Phone them up.... Live Chat tends to put you through to Sales support... you want Tech Support. (And techies usually have a bunch of screws laying around and don't bother worrying about the cost of mailing stuff out.)

kk, i'll try to get to tech support, thank you for all the quick responses