Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

best and worst of voice acting

imo the best is Nozdormu. he sounds awesome and dragon-ish without a billion reverbs and clean ups like alexstrasza & co

the worst is Aggra and hero Go'el, exaggerated accent and stupid one liners.

what do you guys think?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to give worst to Tyrande's voice acting in the Well of Eternity instance. So terrible...

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tyrande for sure in terms of being horrible

I'm a big fan of Sylvanas' original voice. The new voice acting, although similar, seems a lot stiffer and more scripted. It sounds more forced than natural. I could hear and believe the emotion behind the original voice; not so much with this one usually.

Best: "When you were born, my son..." (Just TRY to listen to that without getting chills.)
    Worst: Anything involving the goblins or gnomes.
    If only the universe played by the rules...
    Vanaheim the Exalted - 85 Undead Shadow Priest - Spirestone (US)

10+ Year Old Account
    I can give you the best and worst of cata at least.

Well of Eternity

Illidan as best: you can almost hear his personality through his voice, and he has some epic lines in the dungeon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5afKFzH_74
    3:20 to be exact

Tyrande as bad, bad , omg my ears : I know she is has the same voice than the old warcraft games, but they seem to have notched the accent lever to over 9000.. they should had used a voice like Queen Azsharas imo.

Overall WoW? is a though one.. i always liked Arthas voice, specially in the W3 cinematic "succeeding you father"
    Last edited by Antherios; 2011-12-06 at 01:26 PM.

Nozdormu is pretty good. Most of the Deathwing audio, though run through some sound altering software, isn't bad. I still love Cho and Gall; "Words, words, words! The Master wants MURDER!"

New Tyrande is way bad. "Ill. A. Din. Wha. T. Is. In. That. Vial?"

Though... "Your pathetic voice acting betraaaaaaays you!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually quite like Sylvanas's current voice actress. Her first one was better, sure, but this one has grown on me. Even if she needs to be doped up on echo effects to get the point across.

Lor'themar Theron and Tyrande post-WC3 have some pretty mediocre-bordering-on-poor ones.

Pretty sure Illidan's voice is Liam O'brian, who seems like a pretty good voice actor. He's voicing the bad guy in XIII-2 and has done a few things for Square enix, which is pretty much the extent of my knowledge about him.

Suffer, mortals, as your pathetic magic BETRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYS you! Can you feel the cold hand of death upon your heart?

I still make the whole raid hold up so I can get my sound turned back on for Sindy.

The voice itself isn't horrible, but if I have to sit and listen thru the Ascendant Council voiceover one more time I may rip off my own ears...
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

10+ Year Old Account
    Best goes to Terenas Menethil and worst to Tyrande's new voice in WoE.
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

Worst:

WHAT IS THIS DISTURBANCE?!

Best:

Original Sylvanas
    I registered on MMO-Champion and all I got was this lousy signature.

I'm a cynic. Deal with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dariela View Post
    Suffer, mortals, as your pathetic magic BETRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYS you! Can you feel the cold hand of death upon your heart?

I still make the whole raid hold up so I can get my sound turned back on for Sindy.
    Sindragosa was definitely my least favorite. My favorite? Eredar Twins by far. So sexy /scissor.

Hmmm... tough one... most voices are okayish... mediocre ... but there are some that stand out both positive and negative.
    For me... the best voice is done by the guy that does the introductions when you start a new character. He has a nice, storytelleresque voice. Think he does Magtheridon too, but not sure about that.

Worst... oh god there are a couple of really shitty ones.

Anetheron, the second boss in the Hyjal Raid... he makes me smirk... cause he doesn't sound very convincing as a Dreadlord at all... just makes me laugh. Voice aint bad, but it just doesn't fit.

Erunak Stonespeaker in The throne of Tides... I've never heard a more docile, boring and monotonous pile of dung in any other parts of wow.

Female worgen merchants... The lines they utter are ... blergh.. and the accent makes it even worse.

Sindragosa was annoying... high pitched... but not badly executed.

Anything Chris Metzen voices is just the same... not bad, but just bland.

Anyway, just my two cents...
    Last edited by Wolfbrother; 2011-12-06 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Forgot worgen!

3rd boss in culling of stratholme, has to be the BADDEST voice for a dragon, almost like a dogs squeek toy.
    best voice would defs have to be illidan, vol'jin(nothing like a rastafarian accent)

BEST: Sindragosa
    WORST: Everything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Goood Neewws Everyone! I've found an audio file that is simply hiiillaaarriooous. Whutz this? I dont feel a thing...
    Warning: this comment occasionally contains strong language (which may be unsuitable for children), unusual humor (which may be unsuitable for adults), and advanced mathematics (which may be unsuitable for liberal-arts majors).
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ

Best voice acting? The Lich King of course.
    Worst? Uhm. Some characters are voiced by the same guy (I think Deathwing and Malygos, for example). I hate that when 2 opposite characters have so similiar voice.
    If I had to choose, Alexstrasza's voice is terrible. I don't "hear" it as Dragon Queen's voice.

Deleted
    worst:
    female worgen
    Lich King (zero depth, just your regular bad guy,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VSZc2Mc5iQ this is how he should have sounded like)
    Deathwing, (pretty much as above, though I don't care as much)
    Sindragosa

best:
    Kael'thas (and any character voiced by Quinton Flynn)
    Shade of Aran

i'll update this if anything comes to mind.
    Last edited by mmoc2cfe61b4f1; 2011-12-06 at 02:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sindragosa is the worst. Tyrande has nothing on "PATHETIC MAGIC BETRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYS YOU."

Worgens are bad too, mostly just for SNIFF SNIFF SNIFF SNIFF SNIFF SNIFF SNIFF SNIFF SNIFF
    Putin khuliyo