Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    I know this much... the day same sex relations would be added (if ever....) I'd reroll my agent to female Ratattaki and start all over. This would be regardless of level or operation progression =.=
    I solidly agree with you there, sir.
    My firsr char will be a male and he will engage in hetro relations.
    But my second will be a female and wen they open same sex relations SHE WILL HAV SO MUCH FUN ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Amala View Post
    I'm looking forward to that :3

Although, I hope there's no "discussion cap" that will make it impossible for you to start the romance with a same sex crew member once it's available..
    Does anyone have some info about that?
    Yes I am wondering about this as well since wen I played the game during beta I didnt hav enough time to find a female companion to go with my character (who was a female).
    Last edited by SkyBlueAri; 2011-12-15 at 08:04 AM.
    "There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs." - George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

They will be added, don't you guys worry.

Word in the MMO verse is that BW had plenty of same sex stuff planned out and ready-to-go. But apparently, a clause in the engine licensing tech, or the server hosting tech stated stated that they had the right to pull the game if they found material inappropriate or distasteful.

Now that is hearsay and I don't know if I should believe that. What I would believe is this:
    BW has made same sex romances (it's consistent with their games) but they decided not to include it because with stuff like gay romances, you always run the risk of alienating potential customers, as well as creating a media hype over nothing.
    God alone knows the media like to jump on the bandwagon and claim video games are corrupting "the children". Thus, by adding it post-launch, they can avoid the risk of unwanted media attention. Media attention at launch should be overwhelmingly positive.
    Elementium on Knaak:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    He's the Micheal bay of books. He sunk his claws into a popular franchise and is pumping out books with very little plot and a whole lot of descriptions of Rhonins hair and awesomeness and because anyone who wants to know the once rich warcraft lore will buy it the same as a Transformers movie because it's something they love and they keep hoping.
    ~The naaru have not forgotten us... BUT CHRIST METZEN HAS!~

Deleted
    Im guessing Lucas arts just dont want to deal with it, it would be good if people were mature enough to say, "hey two dudes in a game kissing, thats funny" - but parents and nerdiwells rage and will petition lucasarts, just causes drama that they dont want at launch

Gays aren't the only ones wanting same sex romance option. I like to play female characters and would like to have option to romance another female character.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    Thats not true, thats just a rumor, unless I am wrong.

But they do plan on releasing it, after game release probably it would be a PR hit (shouldnt be but it will be) like a poster in another thread said

" Fox News "Star Wars "childrens" game has gay sex"
    Don't forget "full frontal nudity", it ain't a Fox News segment without it.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyBlueAri View Post
    Feel free to post links to forums / official statements which say when / how they will implement this and feel free to share your thoughts on the matter.
    Well, sure. I mean, why not? As someone who is sadly uninformed of the different storytelling aspects of the game I'm waiting to access, I actually had no idea they even had storyline relationships to begin with, but it sounds like a great idea for them to eventually put it in. To me it just sounds natural to allow it, we're in the 201X's now. Close-mindedness about others' sexual preference is dying out, as it should be.

Besides, as a heterosexual male (who rarely does any RP at all and never ERP before anyone asks), I occasionally (if rarely) make gay characters (male or female) in RPGs with relationships. Most recently my Skyrim viking. It's just one of many ways to branch out an RPG character and give them color and personality. It's fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Aciaedius View Post
    To me it just sounds natural to allow it, we're in the 201X's now. Close-mindedness about others' sexual preference is dying out, as it should be.

Besides, as a heterosexual male (who rarely does any RP at all and never ERP before anyone asks), I occasionally (if rarely) make gay characters (male or female) in RPGs with relationships. Most recently my Skyrim viking. It's just one of many ways to branch out an RPG character and give them color and personality. It's fun.
    I doff my proverbial hat to you sir!
    Elementium on Knaak:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    He's the Micheal bay of books. He sunk his claws into a popular franchise and is pumping out books with very little plot and a whole lot of descriptions of Rhonins hair and awesomeness and because anyone who wants to know the once rich warcraft lore will buy it the same as a Transformers movie because it's something they love and they keep hoping.
    ~The naaru have not forgotten us... BUT CHRIST METZEN HAS!~

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BatteredSausage View Post
    knowing the gay community and its 'we must ram what we do down every fuckers throat because we think were being ignored' bullshit will start to piss and moan they want some sort of icon above there head or some gay pride wristband on show..hell maybe a pink droid that speaks like alan carr and his fake gay voice most homosexuals seem have.
    Are you from Iowa? Seriously, you believe this?

Mod Note: I don't know if you're trying to claim that people from Iowa are ignorant, which, if you are, is just as ignorant as his statement. So, don't do that. Also, Same Sex Marriage is Legal in Iowa. - Buckwald
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2011-12-15 at 02:53 PM.

sick and disgusting, why does sex even need to be discussed? what a gross mess if they do this.

There is a skewed attitude today, and on these forums.

I PROMISE you, if everyone made fun of Christians its ok, but the second a muslim(or gay) is insulted its instant ban.

These forums are useful, but the clear hate towards anything right wing or christian, OR any opinion that shows dis-like against any liberal life choice...is annoying and shows how short sided can be.

The attitude on this forums is....

Your opinion and life views are fine as long as they fit within MY attitude, which is clear and often blind liberalism.

Gays in SWTOR will cause a wildfire and not be worth the effort, we will never see it, and im sure balance and bug fixes are more important that that garbage.

face it people, we still have a right to not accept your life choice. no matter how much you attack or ban from websites, best thing to do is just keep it to yourself, cuz when you put it out there, you open up to opinions. you cant force anyone to accept you, so stop trying to use FORCE(ban hammers)
    Last edited by holdend; 2011-12-15 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by holdend View Post
    sick and disgusting, why does sex even need to be discussed? what a gross mess if they do this.
    I'm sorry that you find harmless, exciting, and fun sexual relations between two adults to be disgusting. We'll let you go back to your violent, harmful and gory murder now.

It just boggles the mind, really does...

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    I'm sorry that you find harmless, exciting, and fun sexual relations between two adults to be disgusting. We'll let you go back to your violent, harmful and gory murder now.

It just boggles the mind, really does...

and im sure most liberals on this forum hate guns and war, but happily kill and murder other sentient life forms. grow up, you easily prove my point about liberals.

Typical self serving attitude that only can see what you are told to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    and im sure most liberals on this forum hate guns and war, but happily kill and murder other sentient life forms. grow up, you easily prove my point about liberals.

Mmm thats why its called fantasy. So men can play as women and women can play as men and they can do as they see fit. If its a rant about liberals your after I suggest you leave.
    Troll should leave thread tbh.
    "There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs." - George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

I'll make this my last reply to you.

First of all, you edited in a larger response after I replied to you. What I quoted was all that was there when I posted. FYI and all that.

Let's take your points from your post one at a time:

I PROMISE you, if everyone made fun of Christians its ok, but the second a muslim(or gay) is insulted its instant ban.

These forums are useful, but the clear hate towards anything right wing or christian, OR any opinion that shows dis-like against any liberal life choice...is annoying and shows how short sided can be.
    I'm no mod, but I'm fairly certain that if some thread bashing Christians popped up the mods would take action just as swiftly as any other religion bashing thread. You don't see this happen however, because hate speak against Christians is far less common than it is against other religions and minorities.

Right wing and Christian ideas are all well and good. The problem usually comes in how those opinions are expressed. If your opinions are expressed in a 'fuck the gays, kill them all' sort of way, then yeah... You're going to get banned. And while it may or may not be this extreme, a lot of opinions people decide to post on these forums definitely lean that way. So you see the bans, and think it's because of the opinion. It isn't: it's how the opinion is expressed.

Your opinion and life views are fine as long as they fit within MY attitude, which is clear and often blind liberalism.

Gays in SWTOR will cause a wildfire and not be worth the effort, we will never see it, and im sure balance and bug fixes are more important that that garbage.

face it people, we still have a right to not accept your life choice. no matter how much you attack or ban from websites, best thing to do is just keep it to yourself, cuz when you put it out there, you open up to opinions. you cant force anyone to accept you, so stop trying to use FORCE(ban hammers)
    Of course you have a right to it. But you can express your opinions in a civil manner. Don't be hateful and respect their right to be different. If you do that, then we'll respect your right to have a differing opinion. It goes both ways.

As for my own point... If it needs explaining, my point is simply that I find it amusing how sexual relations between two consenting adults is considered taboo and weird, while violent and gory murders are socially acceptable to portray. It makes no sense.

Sexual relations between two consenting adults = harmless and hurts nobody.
    Violent and gory murders = by their very definition are harming people.

It's one of the great hypocrisies of modern society and it always rears its ugly head whenever Bioware release a new game, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    It's one of the great hypocrisies of modern society and it always rears its ugly head whenever Bioware release a new game, it seems.
    That only really happens in the US though, don't remember seeing any controversy over gay sex in games over here in "communist paradise" as I'm sure people like holden call Europe. :P

There is a skewed attitude today, and on these forums.

The attitude on this forums is....

Cut the paranoia attitude. There is no bias on these forums. Being pro-gay is not being anti-Christian. It's not the moderators or the administrators fault if a lot of people on the site are anti-religious, but if someone says something that attacks religion, you can be assured that they will get infracted. I've seen it on these forums, so please stop acting like this is a "liberalist" site.

Deleted
    "It’s okay to not like things, it’s okay but don’t be a dick about it.
    It’s okay to not like things. Don’t be a dick about the things you don’t like."

Deleted
    I am sure that 99% of the people that wanted that are not gay, but instead are guys who were like " Hu hu, i will roll a female char and i want to be a lesbo"

Deleted
    I really hope they will introduce or implement that feature.
    I will percieve the game as little crippled without.
    And btw, i don't think it would harm the sells volumes in any way.
    If it's treated like other Bioware games, it's something you develop, like heterosexual relations. A choice.
    Game developers have all the rights to not introduce the matter in their games, no doubt about it, but same sex relations are part of our world, so why those should left out of a whole galaxy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Game developers have all the rights to not introduce the matter in their games, no doubt about it, but same sex relations are part of our world, so why those should left out of a whole galaxy?
    So are puppies, i didnt see any puppies during the beta.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    So are puppies, i didnt see any puppies during the beta.
    That analogy would only make even a little sense if there were kittens but not puppies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blutelf View Post
    They will not have homosexual romances because the IP holder is against it. George Lucas once famously said there are no homosexuals in Star Wars.
    George Lucas never did do any cameos in the movies, did he?