Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Should I start another one? Let me know! I really liked being a part of this, if only for 2 pages.

Go ahead, I had fun with that story, may even reference him if we go again :P.

OH and for anyone else reading this thread, feel free to jump in, this isn't closed off and anyone can join in, you can pick any role, even one opposing us, so long as it isn't a zombie (Military, scientist, survivor, etc). Zombies don't have intelligence.
    Last edited by BoomChickn; 2012-01-24 at 03:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Sure if you did i would join again =3
    It was pretty funny =D

And a BoomCHickn said this end was just the 3 of us
    You can go on if you want to =D

Well I would like to go in to these people I thought up... Still left it kind of a mystery who they are.

Likely staying with the guy I started with ( Yeah I am indecisive.)

I would rather not start a new story, it isn't something I am good at. I just tag on well.
    Last edited by BoomChickn; 2012-01-26 at 09:35 PM.
    This explains a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will think about the story, might make a new one tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    (Okay, I am not the best writer but I will try my best)

It is 4 months after the outbreak. The secret military organization that created the zombie virus and is now fighting it, Cerberus, has managed to keep the zombies mostly in control. Until now. The zombies are learning. They are adapting, and changing. They are still not capable of conscious thought, however. The zombie population is worse then ever. Cerberus is worried, and need to act fast. People are dying faster, the zombies are wiping out cities, and are headed for the place where Cerberus has their main base, and where most of the survivors are staying: New York.

As the APC rumbles over a rocky patch, I get an incoming radio transmission. Apparently, there is a large group of zombies heading for a local small town. I sigh. More fighting. As we near the town, I unsling my M4A1 and ready it up. "Alright boys, we have a group of 100 coming for us. Multiple big guys and regeneratives. Let's do this!" I shout. The gunner goes nuts, and our doors fly open.

As I run out with the others, I start shooting my gun, taking out 5 before they swarm Johnny. A group staggers towards me, but a fire grenade takes 'em out. I pull out my custom blade, made by the engineer who survived the first attacks in Georgia, and slice and dice a bunch of brain eaters. We have about half the group down now. I then see a charger run at Jack, who tries to avoid it. As he gets trampled, Ben goes in a blind range and takes out a shotgun and runs at a large group. They pull him away before we can get to him, and we throw grenades after the zombies. 80 down now. The APC drives forward, crushing 10 zombies. Our sniper takes out 2 in quick succession, and Ramirez stabs 3 zombies. I run at the handful left, taking them down in 3 swings.

We pile the zombies and burn them. We also burn Jack and Ben, but seperately. My squad is silent on the ride home. Tough day, I think to myself. Tough day...

(Brownie points to whoever gets the Mass Effect reference)

I begin to see just how everything comes together, how these people have come up with such advanced technology. Each and every soldier is allowed, heck, encouraged, to have ideas on things to make anything better. If a guy had an idea, he would communicate it to the engineers and scientists in the bases, who would then send requests for materials to work on them.

When I first received the armor, it was quite heavy. But as I put it on I noticed it was easy to move in, the armor was built with unrestricted movement in mind. The plates are only solid where there won't be any flexing, and the rest are covered by overlapping plates or a series of rings going all the way around. It is something to get used to, but seeing as how the old robes were only light armor and protected me better than any military vest, I couldn't imagine what this would do. I also got a selection of modules that attach to the back, from all purpose storage to a special jump pack using high powered fans, I assume it is for a military setting. Hell, one of them was even a flamethrower! The hoses would run down the arm and a special glove would be worn to jet the fuel out at high speed. The fuel was laced with depleted uranium, causing it to spontaneously combust about three feet away from the source. I took the general storage... I have a talent for scrapping together jury rigged contraptions

I was placed along with the two men that came out of the caves on my way out. I got pegged as squad engineer, the last one was killed in a miscommunication with the demolitionist. They didn't really miss him either... "Couldn't adapt and learn. Only knew things from the books" they said. We are a kill squad, one brawler, two marksmen, an engineer, a demolitionist, and a medic. Each one of them had customized equipment for themselves. I modified my suppressor to double as a muzzle brake... not that it is really needed on a .22 rifle. One of the marksmen looks over and jokes "I doubt I could figure out what that thing was initially". I laughed, it really was modified beyond recognition.

After all this time, I would think the virus would have degenerated to nothing by now. Something must be out there, renewing the virus with fresh sources.

Today? Just clean out an area believed to have resources we need for a scavenger team. We head out to the humveess and when I step in I am stupefied at what is inside. It was incredibly well protected, and the windows have metal shutters that can be rolled up in the case of an incoming shell. From what I hear this thing can take a direct hit from a tank and keep rolling.

We move out, this is going to be an interesting clearing... plenty of zombies to wipe out. Our demolitionist is anxious, he has a new explosive ready for testing. So long as it doesn't take out the whole town...

Cerberus... bringing the living dead right back where they are supposed to be.
    Last edited by BoomChickn; 2012-01-28 at 02:50 AM.
    This explains a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    We stop once we hit the fortified gates around Manhattan. Once we are checked and the gates open, the APC rumbles through the streets. Looters attempt to hide when they see us, but I just smile. The cops will take care of them, I think. As we approach the Cerberus Military Base, I notice a flurry of activity of activity. Choppers flying out, humvees, and tanks coming out, headed west.

The APC stops once we are inside the base, and we all walk out. Most of the troops are assembling, looking nervous and scared. "What the hell is going on Captain?" asks Johnny. "I don't know Corporal, but whatever it is, these guys are freaked out." I say in response. I run in to the Main Command building, flashing my badge to the guards. I run to the Commander's room. I barge in, watching intently as the Commander slowly turns around. "We have a big problem Captain." he says. " A massive group of zombies are headed for New York". My eyes grow wide, and I ask the estimated number. The response: 100,000 as of now. Growing larger by the hour. Every zombie not part of the group are joining up with it. The Commander assigns me a new squad. My squadmates: the engineer and the 2 other heroes from the Georgia incident, and a few others. "You will be notified when there is a...vacancy." the Commander says. I know that right now the group is getting resources for a scavenger team. I hope it goes well...

We have really gained a reputation in the past months after the Georgia incident. Although the satellite laser really wasn't ours... We have managed to occupy some abandoned military bases, the zombies seemed to have destroyed any remains of the army that wasn't picked up by us. The engineers had a heyday with the planes, helicopters, and tanks. Now we finally have some air power in case it hits the fan, which it seems to have lately.

The virus has run so long that the source has mostly been exhausted, there are very few jumpers remaining. However, the slower virus also means longer lifespan of zombies, making the horde grow to a great size.

I look at the demolitionist, "Ready to see how that thing goes?" I ask, he laughs "No one would ever think an explosive could decapitate something, It is time to prove that wrong." He pulls out a smooth metal sphere, I can see the notches where some parts are meant to pop out. I can only imagine what would be inside to decapitate...

We come near the section slated for cleaning, about three hundred zombies. Only outnumbered fifty to one... Shouldn't be too bad. No tramplers to kill everything for us... Whether that is good or bad, we need to stick together to keep them away.
    I pull out my rifle, which I modified to a bull-pup design, and gave a full auto option for living targets. I turn on the scope and begin plinking away, not that a silenced .22 makes any sound anyway. Peashooter...
    The demolitionist pulls out a small handheld mortar and begins packing a charge, I notice that the sphere fits right in to the barrel...
    This explains a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I nervously pace around the barracks. The base outside is in a flurry of activity. The scientists are working on mass producing a cure, the engineers are making new weapons to fend off zombies, and the soldiers are rolling out. The citizens are trying to barricade themselves, and some are showing up at the compound trying to get weapons. Still no word on the engineer's squad. I hope they are doing alright...

We find a defensible position at the edge of the horde and set up there. One of the marksmen pulls out a flare gun and fires straight in to the center of the horde. As the zombies group up, I hear the mortar fire behind me and a sphere flies through the air. It rolls on the ground and stops suddenly. After about ten more seconds it pops in to the air, about neck level, and with a "Bang" it flashes, then another sound almost as if a steel cable cracked like a whip. Every zombie within twenty feet of the grenade in a perfect circle was decapitated instantly. The demolitionist grinned. "A lot of testing went in to that, the uncoiling of the wire loop... took me days to get that right."

We take position, the two marksmen facing directly ahead with the brawler and I guarding the sides, the medic up on the humvee keeping an eye on the situation and the demolitionist with a good angle for explosives. Steady, controlled shots, restraint is a key when it comes to this kind of thing, to bring down a zombie with each and every bullet.
    Then the zombie begin dropping one after another, only one or two at a time together, the zombies begin coming through my alleyway... and again I begin shooting away. So many times I have done this I think i got this down to a science.
    This explains a lot.

As im running i hear gunfire..
    could this be someone who could help me? and are they able to defend themself?
    i look over my shoulder, those zombies are still following me.
    i pull out my pistol. 'click click click' out of ammo. i grab for another magazine, the last one.
    i shoot 3 times, having been running for the last 20mins and still now, makes me unable to aim at all but i hit one of them in the leg.
    it slows down, but all the others is still there. i keep running. there they are, who are these guys? millitary? i don't know, and right now it don't matter to me
    I can't run much more, my body have almost no energy back. the zombies would get me soon, so if these guys where to kill me. well big deal.
    i turn around shoot the remaing bullets at the zombies, hoping to get the attetion of the others.
    the pistols goes 'click click click' again. i run with all the energy i got back, over to the guys. i am almost unable to speak, but i managed to say a few words
    'help me, not infected..yet' i then collaps.
    around my neck i have journal and a note.

The medic shouts out "Shit! Zombies coming behind with a survivor!" I go to grab him, letting the demolitionist take over my spot at the alley. When I get him to the humvee the brawler shouts out "I got the rear! get my alley!" and then he runs back and does something I wasn't expecting.
    He wore a flamethrower pack, lowering the pressure to keep the fuel from igniting, he sprayed two angled channels making a funnel, and then lit them both on fire. Brilliant way to make a choke, any that go through the fire burn to death, the rest get their heads taken off by a couple blades. I head to the alley and I see the two marksmen begin going forward, climbing up a mound of zombie corpses to see better just as I hear another wire whip snap behind the pile, another one of those cutter grenades. The coordination and support between the members is what makes the squad such an unstoppable force... Along with the tricks to mitigate the zombie's strength of numbers, because really, that is all they have.

I begin to shoot away at the horde coming down the alley, thanking god for being able to pack hundreds of bullets in such a small area. So many bodies...
    This explains a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get a call from the Commander. Boomchickn's squad is facing more zombies then expected, and there is a risk of them failing. I pick up my custom M4 and my special blade, and head out. I grab Johnny and Ramirez, and inform them of our task. We quickly run to the nearest chopper and get in. After 45 minutes of tense waiting, I see explosions and gunfire up ahead. "Looks like this is the place." I point out to the pilot. He nods, and let's the chopper hover while we prepare to rappel down.

When my boots touch the ground, I start firing at the enclosing zombies, trying to make my way over to the rest of the squad. Johnny and Ramirez follow, cleaning up the remainders.

after some time, i start to wake up again.
    the entire world is spins around, and i i can't understand any of the sounds there comes.
    But slowy i start to get myself together. i can hear the zombies, and i can hear the men.
    so i guess i am not dead yet, great start. i stand up, give myself time to find the balance.
    my head hurts so badly, i look around, where am i.
    i don't remember anything.. i notice the journal and note around my neck..
    Mabye that could explain me something, hopefully.
    something about all of this, team working, this shooting, and all of that stuff, seems like i been in this kind of situasion before. plenty of times.

i check myself for any weapons, got a pistol with no kind of ammo. that is somewhat useless right now.

i look around, is there someone i could speak to, i guess not. trying to talk with them at this time would not be the smartest thing to do anyways right now.
    but another look around, seems like some other guys are fighting their way over here.
    gives me the thought, how long have i been passed out for? ugh my head, it hurts so much.
    I start to get dizzy, and sit down. have i even been getting any food or water for a long time?
    I close my eyes, and just listen to the sound of gunfire, explosions, and zombies.

A helicopter comes overhead and drops down three more people come down on ropes. Reinforcements coming down behind the horde. At this rate we need another vehicle to drive everyone back... heh. Just then I hear a shout over the pile of zombies at the front, "clear!" They come back up to the top and begin firing in to the horde coming at the rear. The brawler looks disappointed at nothing to kill without being shot himself, hah. I let him take my alley back and begin firing in to the horde behind.

Must be at least another two hundred. A flare fires in to the back of the horde just as I see another grenade arc through the air in to the middle of the gathering. It jumps up and then at least thirty heads went flying nearby. We all line up at the most narrow point possible on the flame funnel and fire away, zombies dropping like flies at the combined fire of six people. The brawler shouts out "Didn't leave anything for me did you!?" I laugh. It doesn't take THAT many bullets, one for each zombie.

Between the choke points and proper covering, all the zombies were killed without a scratch (except for the brawler... but that is typical and he has reinforced armor for such a job). The demolitionist comments "I don't think we can drive through this many corpses..." The brawler comes back, I look at the flamethrower, "Burn them all?" I ask. He looks around checking for anything too flammable, nods, and begins blasting the piles of corpses with fire that spreads throughout them as the zombie's clothes and flesh begins burning. As unpleasant as the smell is, anything is better than rotting flesh... with such little fire to dispose of it in the past, it has become just plain sickening from coming by it so much.

I check the humvee for the survivor and look in, still out. The medic checks his wounds and gives us a report, blunt trauma to the head causing a concussion, likely from a fall. He was lucky to have made it out of the horde in the condition he was in. We get some of the rations and set them by him and wait for the corpses to burn down so we can get out. The people take places in front of each mound, watching for any more that can possibly come. We must have attracted everything within a thousand feet.
    Last edited by BoomChickn; 2012-02-02 at 12:13 AM.
    This explains a lot.

i wake up again, this time i feel much better.
    I notice that they given me some food and water. nice of them.
    I eat up, does not take too long time, being so hungry as i am.
    i look out the window, they are all on guard, seeming waiting for someone, or something.
    i go out of the humvee, i wonder who i should talk with.
    as i think over it, i get some pictures in my head.
    I see alot of fire, a house, and something falling from the sky, something burning.
    and i see... death everywere, not zombies, normal humans. burned up alive, some inside the house, most spread out around the house.
    I shake my head to get the pictures away. What was that?
    i then take a deep breath, and smell the burning zombies. i guess it was just them, and my mind trying to make up a story. atleast i hope so.

I look over at the survivor and wave. I could have sworn that I have seen is face before. I ask for the note and journal and begin to read them.

The note: "Someone is replenishing them". Zombies I would assume. This would be the only way for jumpers to still be alive by then. I fear that we will be fighting more than just zombies soon enough if we want to solve this problem once and for all.

The journal contains a story within day by day in this chaos. It details studies on zombies from combat and captive zombies in addition to the personal accounts, and hints at production of a cure, the area is unknown, any pages that could have told us where it is have either fallen out or been burned. There were also reports of a shell falling in to this area the cure was being made, and the whole house bursting in to flames. An incendiary shell I think. Meant to burn away all traces of production.

I am quite certain there are people trying to keep this infection alive... But for what purpose?
    Even if this person isn't much use in combat, we need him for whatever information he may have... He may even lure these people out, if he was one of the intended targets of the firebomb, there will be more than just zombies chasing him.

Another humvee with just a driver rolls up through the corpses "I think you guys need a bit more room to move this party back to base!" he shouts out. Our marksmen take each of the turret mounts and we split among the vehicles for a comfortable amount in each one... they tend to get a tad crammed. I get in the humvee with the survivor and give him back the note and journal. We got reports of a massive horde coming to this city... We will need to prepare.

Even after so much time I still get no sleep in this apocalypse. So much to do and so little time to do it in.
    We roll over the piles of ashes and bones back to base. The clearing is done. We wave the scavenger teams on as they pass by. One of the marksmen comments "Damn. Only two bullets left after that." Close call there...
    This explains a lot.

as we drive, i get even more pictures in my head. but this time i don't focus on them at all.
    I just try to get them out of my head as fast as i can. Why do i keep getting all of these pictures.
    What is the reason behind that i am unable to remember, but i get these pictures.
    Is my brain trying to tell me something?

I ask 'Sir, what use can i be for you and your men, after causing this trouble that nearly got you all killed?'

I look over, "Well... first of all I don't think we were that close to getting killed. So long as the marksmen don't run out of ammunition we are just fine. We are probably going to keep you protected for now, you might have information on certain... people... that we believe are of high importance to this situation. You got a nasty head wound there, must have fallen face first in to a wall or something, we should be able to fix that up completely back at base. The medic is in the other vehicle right now though.
    Do you know anything specific about what is in this journal here?" I ask.
    This explains a lot.