Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Return to Thunder Bluff!

So I went to Thunder Bluff today on my low level Tauren alt, and I thought to myself, "Why isn't this the hang out city?". I mean, it is so much nicer looking than org. I love the scenery and the music, it's in a cooler area. It has everything that Orgrimmar has too. Why don't people go to Thunder Bluff instead of Org? I made a pact to turn TB into the "hang out" city on my server, a lot of people have actually followed suit and we have about 20-30 people in TB now. What do you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually do tend to hang out in TB on my Hordies. It's less crowded than Org, it lacks the wacky RP dramaz of Silvermoon (which I avoid even on my belfs), and it's all in all a much more scenic and beautiful city. RPwise, it's easier to have a civilized conversation with someone without griefers by the big bonfire in TB than it is in the chaotic mess that is Orgrimmar.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Deleted
    Did I miss something, or there is no transmog/reforger/void storage anywhere but in Org ? No JP/VP/Honor/CP Vendors either. And no direct zeppelins to everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Avezo View Post
    Did I miss something, or there is no transmog/reforger/void storage anywhere but in Org ? No JP/VP/Honor/CP Vendors either. And no direct zeppelins to everywhere.
    Don't forget the Western Earthshrine.

Deleted
    It's full of some smelly cows and dung everywhere. Darkspear Isle is the place to chill. Who needs vendors or AH when you can just get your buttcrack full of sand??

I prefer Silvermoon, since it is an actual city, not a camping lot, or a sewer ,or Metal city of doom in a desert, whoever designed that city must be a lunatic, oh wait the city was made by goblins ;P

I definately prefer Thunder Bluff too, being the proud Tauren that I am, but alas, I am doomed to gloom in Orgrimmar as I need the Deepholm portal when I'm to camp Aeonaxx, like right now.

But yeah, I agree, it's scenery is amazing, I'm just missing Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    I definately prefer Thunder Bluff too, being the proud Tauren that I am, but alas, I am doomed to gloom in Orgrimmar as I need the Deepholm portal when I'm to camp Aeonaxx, like right now.

But yeah, I agree, it's scenery is amazing, I'm just missing Cairne
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=58487 if you love TB that much.

I hang in TB from time to time, not because I like it better but because there's not a 10-15 second delay on everything you do.
    Can barely use the AH while in Orgrimmar but in TB everything goes in an instant.

Blizz pretty much forced Org/SW to be the main hubs in the game, with all the vendors for PVP/PVE, portals to new cata zones, etc.
    I hang out in Dal, for wotlk nostalgia

I'm not too fond of it, but even if I was it's way too inconvenient to be my hang out city.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hang out in TB on my druid, but I find my self time and time again having to go to Org for all the relevant stuff I need to do. I wish blizzard would just put all the goodies that are in Org/SW in all the cities (fishing & cooking dailies dont count) and actually give the player base a choice in the matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thunder Bluff was my main city in Wrath (back when there were no auction houses in Dalaran), but with the revamp of Orgrimmar's Valley of Wisdom in Cataclysm my main reason for being in Thunder Bluff (outdoor AH) is gone. Orgrimmar is just too useful to use any other city besides Shattrath/Dalaran now. :/

it's a nice city, in my opinion.

thunder bluff is really awesome, but it will be always a secondary city, like any other... blizzard is forcing us(with things in the game) to use orgrimmar, no hate but its the truth

If the JC daily was in TB aswell, I would've moved there a LONG time ago

Shoving everything into SW/Org, and removing all the portals from Shatt/Dalaran. That was the *WORST* thing they did in Cata. And I've had alot of complaints about this expansion. More than any other expansion I played. I don't feel like wasting the time to get from a decent city to those shitholes just to use the earthshrine, Mog my gear, reforge my gear, pick up my PvP/PvE gear, ect. Makes me wonder why the other cities still exist at all. Fuckers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still hang out in Dalaran. Still means I have head to Orgrimmar for everything except the AH, but I still love it there.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

I'm chilling there right now.

Points if you can find me.

TB also has a very nice area with a repair, bank, AH and BS trainers very conveniently located. I'd probably have my hearth there if Blizzard didn't put all the crucial vendors/portals in Org. Sigh.