Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Patch 4.3 Tier 13 Priest and Legendary Daggers Preview

Update - Added video of the daggers.

Legendary Dagger Preview - Fangs of the Father
    Blizzard released a preview of the legendary daggers, with finally extra info on the wings.

• These powers include a stacking increase to Agility which builds until dark wings unfurl from the rogue’s back, removing the combo point cost and increasing damage of finishing moves for a short time.
    • In addition, the wings which can be spread on command (with no combat benefit) to slow a rapid descent, allowing the rogue to slowly fall to the ground

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    “They wanted to hold me, to keep watch over me – a prisoner in all but name. But I will NOT be held accountable for the sins of my father. My destiny will be my own.”- Wrathion, the Black Prince

The Contract

Patch 4.3 will offer the most deadly and experienced rogues the opportunity to finally play a central role in the fate of the world the rogue’s way: by manipulating key events from the shadows. Players will travel across continents to accomplish crucial missions of reconnaissance, burglary, infiltration and, of course, assassination. Those familiar with the events that unfolded in the Badlands since the Cataclysm struck may recall the story of Rheastrasza, the ambitious red dragon who acquired a black dragon egg and magically purified it, cleansing it of the Black Dragonflight’s corruption. While those events may lead to a more hopeful destiny for Azeroth, it will take cleverness, stealth, skill, and the help of a few friends to unravel the web of intrigue that will reveal what became of the egg… and determine the fate of Deathwing himself.

Wetwork

Rogues willing to do whatever is necessary to ignite a brighter future must first delve into the Dragon’s Soul raid dungeon to begin the quest line. Those who prove their prowess within will be set on a collision course with Ravenholdt Manor and the enigmatic Black Prince, Wrathion. This shadowy figure could be the key to victory for the mortal races, but what is his true agenda? Before the truth behind these mysteries are revealed, enterprising assassins will need to fight tense raid battles against Deathwing’s most powerful minions, and embark alone on perilous missions to seal the fate of the Black Dragonflight. The quest culminates in the earth-scorching execution of Deathwing himself and a shocking revelation about the true nature of the mission.

What’s in it for me?

Rogues who succeed will receive a paired set of daggers that will become increasingly lethal as their bearer progresses along the legendary quest. At the height of their strength, they will be imbued with the vile essence of the Old Gods, as well as the maddened fury of the Black Dragonflight -- bestowing great power upon their bearer. These powers include a stacking increase to Agility which builds until dark wings unfurl from the rogue’s back, removing the combo point cost and increasing damage of finishing moves for a short time. In addition, the wings which can be spread on command (with no combat benefit) to slow a rapid descent, allowing the rogue to slowly fall to the ground… or enact a little death from above! When it comes to dealing death, the Fangs of the Father promise legendary killing power to rogues of any specialization.

An incredible adventure and legendary rewards await. The future of all life on Azeroth hangs in the balance. Better get moving.

Priest Tier 13 and Visual Retrospective
    Blizzard released their preview of the Priest Tier 13 and confirmed the site datamined a few hours ago.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Adventurers will be tested like never before in 4.3 as they take on Deathwing and his minions, emerging with powerful new treasures. Please enjoy this preview of the priest tier 13 set, as well as a visual guide to tiers 1 through 12 for Transmogrification purposes.

Vestments of Dying Light

Priests (and paladins for that matter) are often the most challenging classes to design ‘badass’ armor sets for, in contrast to the death knight and warlock, whose underlying concepts demand the unquestionably cool dark and sinister approach.

In this instance, however, the design asked for a bold, two-tone, ‘Venetian carnival style with creepy, soulless black eyes,’ which gave me a powerful, potentially edgy direction to explore. The set’s ‘Dying Light’ theme was visualized as a spiked, setting sun motif.

Priest Tier 1-12

[Read more ...]
    Last edited by Boubouille; 2011-09-28 at 05:48 PM.

First! Also, awesome tier ftw!

Infracted.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2011-09-28 at 05:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh daggers looks odd

"Shocking," of course, meaning that Wrathion is a son of Deathwing, and will be the new master of the Black Fight, or some such. “They wanted to hold me, to keep watch over me – a prisoner in all but name. But I will NOT be held accountable for the sins of my father. My destiny will be my own.”- Wrathion, the Black Prince. Come on now, Blizz.

Daggers do look kinda... technicolor. Not sure how I feel about that.

Deleted
    Revmoing combo point cost?! RMP is gonna be insane....

Deleted
    Wonder what the big surprise at the end of the legendary questline is. The Black Prince ... Wrathion... oh for fuck's sake.... also dealt with the Old Gods and he's actually Deathwing #2? THERE MUST ALWAYS BE A LICH K..... DEATHWING!

they kinda look like fish skeletons >_>

Could you maybe please give the priest visual retrospective its own post? I'd love to be able to oversee all the tier sets the same way I did with the other classes

What's with the cel-shaded stuff now? There's the hounds and some weapons from Firelands, and now these legendary daggers. It looks really weird.

Deleted
    Removing combo point cost and increased damage for finishing moves for X time?Save full energy + CDs -> Evis spam in arena = GG?

10+ Year Old Account
    Priest tier 13 looks awesome.

Deleted
    At first I didn't really like the Priest set, mainly because I thought it would look stupid on a Tauren. But after seeing the set on other races on Wowhead, I'm really impressed. It really looks good on all of the races.

Deleted
    Wrathion is a really lame name for a dragon. Should've been called Coletrion and after every sentence it says "WOOOOOO!"

This just gets better and better! Can't wait to go back to my rogue on 4.3 :3 btw: It looks F*CKING AWESOME (the wings). Now, the priest set... it looks nice, although I think they could have toned down the size of the shoulder a little bit.

Deleted
    nice one looks good

I just wonder if multiple rogues will be able to work on this at once or not, in say a 25 man I can hardly imagine I will be the only rogue in my group and were trying to 25 man it...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, I keep reading the What's in it for me? section, and I just find anything...

/angstytank.

Enough with the human models modeling the armor. I want to see how funny that Priest T13 looks on Tauren and Worgen.

Deleted
    why priests always have faces on their shoulders?