10+ Year Old Account

Just played for 17 hours straight..

No lie. I've been playing from 5 am central till 10 pm.. I haven't been this addicted to a game since, well WoW. T This game has that feeling. This game feels solid, and I was an big WoW fanboy, but this is really pulled me in. The story, the combat, the PVP, the quest, the graphics, everything. It feels so much deeper than WoW. Vanilla was real deep, and when I say deep I mean you have to work for your stuff, it keeps you busy no matter what. It has you traveling and talking to everybody. Its not the chat room que game WoW is.

If anybody is wonder if they should get this or not, yes you should. Hell, I'm not even a starwars fan, I've never even watched any of the movies (Yeah I know *gasp*) I'm playing a Sith sorcerer, and I like it so far. I've played THIS LONG, and I'm only 18. lol, this isn't a game to make alts on, atleast not for me.

Well, all in all. This game is very nice, and I was very skeptical at first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

This game will last like forever. There's so much content for you to play for a very long time. This Is something that WoW failed to do. I seriously think that SWTOR will become very popular game with a steady 5-10 million(It will take awhile, but It will happen If Bioware keeps up the good work).
    I would also like to add that the launch of SWTOR Is one of the most stable MMO launches.

Deleted
    17 hours on any game is not impressive :> SORRY !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnoww View Post
    17 hours on any game is not impressive :> SORRY !
    Its been YEARS since I actually sat here and never left it for that long or hell even a couple hours with a single game. The only one I remember is WoW YEARS ago. I'm sure this goes for anybody else also. It takes a lot to keep me interested in a game, since 90% of modern, AAA, games suck.

I'm in the exact situation you are OP. I started at 6:30am this morning and just finished. Normally I can't do that because I find my chair uncomfortable but this game just pulls me in too much. And just like you, the last game to do that was WoW when I started playing it all those years ago!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I have had the same feeling with wow original release pulling me in like TOR does. I remember having my sleep schedule thrown into a blender cause I would wake up to play 17+ hrs get to tired to play sleep then get back up to play again.

Dragonslayer Koyori proud member of P.A.R.T.Y My Stream

10+ Year Old Account
    Feelings mutual here too. This game is just so immersible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I can add one thing. The most important thing, is the community feel, everybody is so nice, and helpful to each other. Its so nice. You WOULD NOT see this in WoW today. You ask a simple question and they actually answer it right, and help you out, level with you, instead of your mom jokes.. I've added more friends than I have since WOTLK.

i just love getting into my class's story (trooper) and i'm so immersed that when i look at my clock, it's 12 hours later.

i have never played a game like this before, not even wow.

basically, every new game or every new player in a game is like this, you said it too. Not much to see.

Quote Originally Posted by haxs101 View Post
    Oh I can add one thing. The most important thing, is the community feel, everybody is so nice, and helpful to each other. Its so nice. You WOULD NOT see this in WoW today. You ask a simple question and they actually answer it right, and help you out, level with you, instead of your mom jokes.. I've added more friends than I have since WOTLK.
    This is also true, though i have witnessed the first troll on my server's general chat, it has only been one person. everyone else wants to group up to do heroic quests or asking what proffession is used to reverse engineer [insert item here]

Quote Originally Posted by haxs101 View Post
    No lie. I've been playing from 5 am central till 10 pm.. I haven't been this addicted to a game since, well WoW. T This game has that feeling. This game feels solid, and I was an big WoW fanboy, but this is really pulled me in. The story, the combat, the PVP, the quest, the graphics, everything. It feels so much deeper than WoW. Vanilla was real deep, and when I say deep I mean you have to work for your stuff, it keeps you busy no matter what. It has you traveling and talking to everybody. Its not the chat room que game WoW is.

If anybody is wonder if they should get this or not, yes you should. Hell, I'm not even a starwars fan, I've never even watched any of the movies (Yeah I know *gasp*) I'm playing a Sith sorcerer, and I like it so far. I've played THIS LONG, and I'm only 18. lol, this isn't a game to make alts on, atleast not for me.

Well, all in all. This game is very nice, and I was very skeptical at first.
    is like I hearing myself really...played 12 hours in a row..had to do this since TBC when I was leveling my warrior to 70...I play wow 6+ years and also I made the annual agreement..plus as you said I only saw the new star wars movies, the ones of 2000+ and didn't liked them lol..but the game is epic and from now on I will only log to wow for raid 2-3 times a week with my guild (I don't want to leave them without tank :P ) and rest of the time swtor for sure!
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

I feel the same OP. SWTOR is the ONLY mmo I've played since WoW that has that unexplainable addictive quality that just makes you want to keep playing. I didnt find it in Rift or Aion, and tried both of them and lasted maybe... 2-3 days and then got bored. I havent gotten bored of SWTOR at all. If SWTOR fixes minor issues like the AH, target of target, and one or two other things I would give it a 10/10 easy.

The first flashpoint was the most fun I had in an instance since Scarlet Monastery in vanilla.

I honestly can't see this game failing.
    Last edited by Chingylol; 2011-12-22 at 04:50 AM.