Mixed Languages in PUGs

Recently, most of my PUGs seem to be filled with people who don't speak English, or who do so with very limited ability. It's hard enough to get PUGs to work together without adding in an inability to actually communicate. What happened? Did Blizz merge US and Brazilian servers or something when it comes to PUGs? Anyone know if this is intentional and if it is going to be this way from here on?

That's rather rare even here on EU servers. Speaking in your mothertongue in pugs is ignorant as fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its been that way since....well forever. Not everyone speaks your native language...get used to it. Sure it can be a pain but not like its the person's fault or something. Also i doubt blizzard wuld do something as discriminatory as to make language specific servers, since there would be no way to make sure people of the correct language only used them.

Last week, I'm tanking a Well of Eternity on my DK and the healer begins speaking in Portuguese to the rest of the group. After several lines of text, I jokingly say to the rest of the group, "Everybody getting this?", then he gets pissed off, used a number of expletives and refuses to heal me. He then gets tired of me having to eat after each pull and there's still 5 minutes left on his kick timer, so he decides to pull all the trash and leave.

tldr; if you're going to speak in another language, at least make sure that there is someone else there to translate

I'm Brazilian. We recently got an official WoW launch here and 4 new servers were created, and I believe (this information isn't clear) they're all within the Rampage battlegroup. The whole brazilian community used to be spread out on quite a few servers, mostly between Warsong, Gurubashi and Kel'Thuzad, all of which were on differente battlegroups (Ruin, Reckoning and Nightfall respectively) so you hardly ever saw brazilians in your groups. Now, we're not enough to warrant our own battlegroup, but maybe substancial to be annoying when pairing with other people.

What's worse is that quite a few brazilians are being cocky and demanding stuff like portuguese only groups (which is not feasible, honestly), refusing to speak english, etc. Just please don't let these few rotten apples (come on, you guys have some as well) maculate your general view of us. though we already have a pretty bad rep when it comes to MMOs....LOLBRBRBRBR GIBBE MNEY PLZ I REPORT U.

I wonder how battlegroups work on EU...the number of diffent languages spoken must be ridiculous lol.

Edit: Oh and the servers that you should be on the lookout for are Tol'barad, Azralon (or Gallywix...we still don't know what's the correct name of the server lol), Goldrinn and Nemesis.
    Last edited by Satori; 2011-12-22 at 04:50 AM.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    I wonder how battlegroups work on EU...the number of diffent languages spoken must be ridiculous lol.
    It seems that battlegroups are mixed only in BGs and arena. I've never seen spanish/french/german people in LFD/LFR. Russians seem to be partially separated from EU due to their goddamn ????????????, ????????? ?? ????????? cyrillic (oh PTR)

Yea especially when I queue late at night I almost always get Portuguese speaking groups. They're usually friendly enough, and there's quite a bit of similarity to Spanish so I can generally figure out what people are saying and they usually speak at least some broken english so it works fine. Cant remember the last time a fight in a random dungeon finder actually required strategic discussion beforehand though.

I've been randomed into several heroic groups with 2-4 people from the same guild/server who either don't know or choose not to speak English at all. It's usually not that big of a deal to me as I just ignore each of them at the end of a run so I don't get grouped again and move on, but it's frustrating to no end when one of them is playing very poorly and you can't tell them what to fix (especially if they are the tank or healer). I actually felt forced to leave my first group this past week because 3/5 were from the same guild and all 3 of them were horrible, but I couldn't get a vote to pass on the healer who was going OOM on trash and couldn't keep the tank alive through stuff I easily healed on a character with far less gear. I suppose that's just a general poor performance problem rather than a language problem, but at least if they understood English I could have given them tips to make it through the instance instead of wiping repeatedly on easy trash.

dont worry, your not allowed to speak spanish on the wow forums but in game they dont give a shit.

to that i say, EL TAUNTO RETARD. this usually works.

Deleted
    The battlegroup in EU are mixed by language, but you only get to play against people with a different language. Ie, Cruelty have English and Spanish people inside, but they are only mixed in arenas and BGs, and always as opposite teams (where no communication is possible anyways).

10+ Year Old Account
    That doesn't happen to me on Frostmourne US which is an Oceanic server so we have quite a few singas on our realm and other realms in our battle group, but they all speaks fluent English.