Ventrillo Problem.

Hello all! So, whenever I attempt to log onto Vent, I get the following error:

"Unable to activate DirectSound for selected device.
    DirectSoundCaptureCreate failed. HR=DSERR_NODRIVER. No sound driver is available for use"

This is a self-built computer, with some cheap HP speakers (realtek's audio codec). I updated all my drivers via Windows Update, didn't help. I went to device manager, to see if there was any unrecognized things, and this is the result: http://i.imgur.com/zeTld.jpg . I'm using the "Cooler Master HAF 922" case, and it's plain not recognizing the front two audio ports. However, when I use the back two slots, they both appear to work. Am I missing something? ...am I incorrect in thinking that's what those two front port things are for (the red and green)? Sorry for not knowing the technical jargon for the audio stuffs, I know pretty much nothing on the subject, hence why I'm asking. =)

Thanks in advance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ventrilo is trying to access a sound device that is no longer present.
    Green - Front Left+Right
    Black - Usually Bass... In some machines it's labled as "Rear" (Someone feel free to correct me on this)
    Pink - Mic / LineIn

Anyway the fix is to go into the Ventrilo setup and select the appropriate audio device from the dropdown near the top right corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    Anyway the fix is to go into the Ventrilo setup and select the appropriate audio device from the dropdown near the top right corner.
    I tried to do that. I went: Setup --> Output Device: XXX, there's three options, and none of them worked. Input only has one option: "Default DirectSound device."

Remember, if I plug in via the back "ports", then everything appears to be working correctly. Only when I attempt to plug it in on the front "ports" does this happen. Windows doesn't even appear to recognize it when I plug it in from the front. (I use "ports" because I don't know the terminology for it.)

10+ Year Old Account
    ports is right.
    It's likely then that the Front ports aren't connected to the motherboard inside the case (which is pretty common.)

Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    ports is right.
    It's likely then that the Front ports aren't connected to the motherboard inside the case (which is pretty common.)
    Is there any way to fix that? Or am I just minorly inconvenienced, and must use the back?

Open it up and see if there's any wires not plugged in leading from the front panel. If so, break out a manual for your motherboard and find the right spot to hook them up to.

[Edit]While it's off, and the power cord from the CPU is unplugged, ect ect[/edit]
    Moo.