Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    I'm sorry; but literally I have to stamp down my foot and call you utterly clueless here. I am a story fanatic, I love BioWare, I loved DA:O; I love any company or author that rights a good story; and I ADORE the Agent storyline; it is literally the best thing BioWare's authors have wrote in my personal opinion. As such, I give you the finger. The Agent story is too superb to even give the pretence of saying "Well maybe your opinion is true for you".
    I love fanboy "replies" like this: "I FOUND ONE THING I DISAGREE WITH SLIGHTLY! YTUOR ENITIAR POAST IUS OBJECTIVLY INVALID!1!1ONESONESONES!11!ELEVEN!11!"

No. Doesn't work that way.

Glad you like the Agent writing. Now explain the other major, fundamental problems I brought up.

While I'm at it, let me know if Agent quest improves after Level 20 or so, because that's about all I could stand on my Sniper. Which brings me to another point, equally relevant to my switching to BH: If you're going to introduce completely new mechanics to an MMO (e.g. "cover"), it's vital to ensure that your new mechanics actually, in fact, work. Cover doesn't. It has more bugs than Ke$ha's groin.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

Deleted
    No. Doesn't work that way.
    My post was semi-facetious; not to be taken entirely seriously. Although it's incredibly true I love the Agent story. I was not dismissing the rest of your post. As to when the quest improves. Hrhm. It depends; I really enjoyed Tatooine and Nar Shadaa's story; I didn't enjoy Balmorra's so much and Alderaan was the bit dull. But dear god; the end of Chapter 1 is a literal mindfuck, and after that it just keeps getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    I´m enjoying the game and I don´t give a shit about what other people think and so should the rest of you that enjoy it.

Things will be fixed. You think WoW was perfect when it came out? hell no, WoW did not even have raids when it first came out, Ony and Molten Core where both patched in later.
    Thanks for this moment of pure misinformation. You should double check your fact before posting. You don't need to go far, since we are on a WoW fan site. Links just in tops for the WoWpedia. Now type Molten core. Are a already made in case you are too lazy. http://www.wowpedia.org/Molten_core.

Now read the second sentence "It was one of two forty (40) player raid dungeons available upon release of World of Warcraft, with the other being Onyxia's Lair." Omg... so thanks and see you later.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Example 2: Too much instancing and tedium to go from one place to another. To go from Imperial Fleet to any high-level world, you go through a bunch of meaningless shit every single time: Down the elevator to the hangars (load screen), into your ship (load screen), over to your map where you must choose the world every single time by several screens of clicking (load screen), out the airlock to the orbital station (load screen), down the orbital station to the planet (load screen), and ... oh yeah, you can never mount in a station's initial base, which goes back to my example of "how to waste 220k credits in record time". Did you keep count? That's five load screens and a bunch of bullshit clicking just to go from the fleet to a world. If it's one world to another, there's at least one additional load screen to get to your ship. In other words, two or three minutes of pointless clicking to fucking go anywhere.
    Although I love the game so far I have to agree with this. They should add some shortcuts to the ship. It does not have to be like "jump into it every 10 minutes", but some sort of hearth stone every 30 - 60 minutes would be convenient. Alternatively they could add the spaceship as a waypoint for the quick-travel spell so you can skip the spaceport every once in a while.
    Teamwork is essential - it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at!

Quote Originally Posted by LolretKJ View Post
    As a sales manager at GameStop, I got countless calls and people coming in to cancel their pre-orders weeks before the game came out. At one of our regional meetings our regional manager told us that in California alone there was close to 50k pre-orders canceled. As far as the subscriber base goes its just pure speculation on my part. And for the EA remark, my Uncle works for EA and told me the day it happened.
    Hearsay is a brilliant thing, isn't it?

You know what makes your post full of shit? You can't prove any of it. You can't post GameStop information on a public forum. That would be illegal. As far as your "uncle working at EA", yeah, I'll bet he does. Have him call my third-cousin about the golf tournament next week. He said he's up for wine afterwards.

@Zequill - MC was the only "raid" worth mention as far as boss numbers go. Don't you know that? It doesn't matter how many raids there are, it matters how many bosses they have in them. Don't forget you said 40 man also. How many guilds had that amount of people to raid 2 weeks into the games release?
    Last edited by septor; 2012-01-06 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
    Although I love the game so far I have to agree with this. They should add some shortcuts to the ship. It does not have to be like "jump into it every 10 minutes", but some sort of hearth stone every 30 - 60 minutes would be convenient. Alternatively they could add the spaceship as a waypoint for the quick-travel spell so you can skip the spaceport every once in a while.
    If you get the security key (basically Blizzard Authenticator), you can buy a 1 hour cool down fleet pass from the security key vendor. It's so convenient it's OP (oh and course.. security key is free for d/l on android/iOS).

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    I'd imagine SW:TOR would probably stand a better chance in Japan than WoW, if only because people there actually know and like Star Wars whereas Blizzard products are just more "shit Western games."
    starcraft would like a word with you

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanasm View Post
    Too much instancing and tedium to go from one place to another. To go from Imperial Fleet to any high-level world, you go through a bunch of meaningless shit every single time: Down the elevator to the hangars (load screen), into your ship (load screen), over to your map where you must choose the world every single time by several screens of clicking (load screen), out the airlock to the orbital station (load screen), down the orbital station to the planet (load screen), and ... oh yeah, you can never mount in a station's initial base, which goes back to my example of "how to waste 220k credits in record time". Did you keep count? That's five load screens and a bunch of bullshit clicking just to go from the fleet to a world. If it's one world to another, there's at least one additional load screen to get to your ship. In other words, two or three minutes of pointless clicking to fucking go anywhere.
    That actually sounds good to me. In an MMO that's supposed to have a huge immersive world, travel should have a high cost (in terms of time). It not only makes the world feel large, but it makes you think and plan your travel efficiently. One of the big problems with WoW at the moment is that the world is irrelevant, you either instantly teleport everywhere or whiz there on a 310% mount high above the terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by prankstar View Post
    starcraft would like a word with you
    Does japan play starcraft? I thought it was only Korea

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am waiting for a month or 4 to buy it.... reading most of the thread my xp will be so much better to just wait for the first few huge content updates and bug fixes. I think swtor in 4 months from now is the game I am waiting for. I never did understand why people want to jump on it before its even out. And start AQing after the game is only release for like 10 days....

Level 41 on my main (Powertech, BH tank class) and I'm bored stiff.

Every zone is the same. You'd think there would be some variety in how you progress through the worlds, but for all the fancy-schmancy voiceover dialogue you still kill 10 guys, go back to your questgiver, disable 3 devices, go back to your questgiver. It's utter bullshit. The flow feels exactly like any other video game, only now your character belts out shitty stock phrases like "that'll cost you" and "I don't have time for this". I guess that's supposed to feel interactive.

For every one thing they fixed to relieve the typical MMO tedium, they introduced two new levels of MMO tedium.

Example 1: Don't bother getting a mount. (a) they cost ridiculous amounts of money (level 40 training is 220k credits), (b) everything dismounts you, and (c) 90% of quest givers and 75% of quest zones are indoors, in which you cannot mount. So you're paying 220k credits for a mount to go from one indoor dismount zone to another indoor dismount zone.

Example 2: Too much instancing and tedium to go from one place to another. To go from Imperial Fleet to any high-level world, you go through a bunch of meaningless shit every single time: Down the elevator to the hangars (load screen), into your ship (load screen), over to your map where you must choose the world every single time by several screens of clicking (load screen), out the airlock to the orbital station (load screen), down the orbital station to the planet (load screen), and ... oh yeah, you can never mount in a station's initial base, which goes back to my example of "how to waste 220k credits in record time". Did you keep count? That's five load screens and a bunch of bullshit clicking just to go from the fleet to a world. If it's one world to another, there's at least one additional load screen to get to your ship. In other words, two or three minutes of pointless clicking to fucking go anywhere.

The quest writing is B-grade, really. I've played every basic class to at least 15th level, and only Jedi Knight is really an outstanding storyline. For example, the Agent questline suggests they might as well not exist -- you're "secret police" whose job is to monitor the public, but the Sith already do that, and the Sith seem to all know who you are, so why bother? -- and the Smuggler storyline is basically "galaxy's best errand boy". My Bounty Hunter main lost 50 IQ points between Chapter I and Chapter II, like he's hitting bowling balls with his head or something. "I'm hunting a high-level sniper on this world", he apparently thinks. "Let us check this thing out in the open surrounded by cover! Herp derp!". It looks like the only story into which Bioware put real effort is the Jedi Knight.

The worst part is that the endgame is a carbon copy of WoW. Raid raid raid, don't stand in fires, group up in this part of the fight, spread out when the boss does this. They're even talking about rated battlegrounds. People want an alternative to the idiot "raid or die" mentality, not 5 more years of "don't stand in fire".

Probably not going to log in much anymore. Game had great potential, but once your character gets past Chapter I of its questline, do yourself a favor, call it a "win", and hit "Uninstall".
    amem brother

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Skullcrack View Post
    That actually sounds good to me. In an MMO that's supposed to have a huge immersive world, travel should have a high cost (in terms of time). It not only makes the world feel large, but it makes you think and plan your travel efficiently. One of the big problems with WoW at the moment is that the world is irrelevant, you either instantly teleport everywhere or whiz there on a 310% mount high above the terrain.
    It sounds great the first 30 times you do it. By the time you're level 40, and your class quests involve going back and forth to four different planets, you're beating your head on the keyboard going "oh fuck, not this shit again".

10+ Year Old Account
    It sounds great the first 30 times you do it. By the time you're level 40, and your class quests involve going back and forth to four different planets, you're beating your head on the keyboard going "oh fuck, not this shit again".
    By level 40 you have:

16 hour fleet pass cooldown
    Shuttles on your planet take you to the fleet
    1 hour fleet pass item (with free iphone/android authenticator)
    bind stone to your local starport and fly to destination

its really not as bad as your making it out to be im afraid. Really once you get your mount its not that bad at all.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-01-07 at 12:17 AM.

It's exactly as bad as he makes it out to be. SI quest line did it twice to me when switching acts, over 1h of running from planet to planet just to get a couple of lines of dialogues or some wimp fight. And whoever thought the hangars are a nice addition should NOT work in game design.
    Then started BH, when switching from act 1 to 2, guess what, EXACTLY the same shit.

Also, when you get your mount it gets worse because planets become a lot bigger and the mount speed is retarded. They could have implemented 100 -> 200 -> 300 speeders without any issues with the travel distances you get in the last planets instead of the current joke upgrades.

As a stih marauder I have only had to do that 2 or 3 times from 1 to 50 if I remember correct. You are making it out to be a frequent thing when you hit 40+ which it isn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by abijax View Post
    It's exactly as bad as he makes it out to be. SI quest line did it twice to me when switching acts, over 1h of running from planet to planet just to get a couple of lines of dialogues or some wimp fight. And whoever thought the hangars are a nice addition should NOT work in game design.
    Then started BH, when switching from act 1 to 2, guess what, EXACTLY the same shit.

Also, when you get your mount it gets worse because planets become a lot bigger and the mount speed is retarded. They could have implemented 100 -> 200 -> 300 speeders without any issues with the travel distances you get in the last planets instead of the current joke upgrades.
    fleet pass to vaiken space dock, space ship to planet. 10 minutes to planet A
    bind stone to space dock, space ship to planet. 10 minutes planet B.

Hardly hours if you use the resources given to you

Quote Originally Posted by abijax View Post

Have you played WoW? And if yes, did you play a Mage?

I'ts a matter of taste if you like big planets. And btw, swtor have faster mounts (110%) than WoW (100%) does except if you are a DK or pally.
    Last edited by Belial; 2012-01-07 at 12:52 AM.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    fleet pass to vaiken space dock, space ship to planet. 10 minutes to planet A
    bind stone to space dock, space ship to planet. 10 minutes planet B.

Hardly hours if you use the resources given to you
    It's still 10 minutes of wasted time any time you have to travel. Have you reached a level yet where your class quests go like this? Nar Shadda ---> Dromund Kaas ---> (some fuck spaceship in the outer rim) ---> (some shit world like Quesh where you skipped all but your class quest)? Because, as you've admitted yourself, that's 40 minutes of wasted time for 6 fights and 2 minutes of stilted dialogue. Might as well be AFK on a wind rider.

I play and enjoy both games quite a bit, do not understand the hate for one or the other. If you personally do not like it, that is your opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    By level 40 you have:

16 hour fleet pass cooldown
    Shuttles on your planet take you to the fleet
    1 hour fleet pass item (with free iphone/android authenticator)
    bind stone to your local starport and fly to destination

its really not as bad as your making it out to be im afraid. Really once you get your mount its not that bad at all.
    I'm 48 and do not have a 16 hour fleet pass cooldown or a 1 hour fleet pass item.