Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Do you still remember TOR's launch?

Reading the GW2 subforum and their posts about launch has brought back memories of SWTOR's launch, about 8 months ago. Do you guys still remember your experiences and what you were doing?

I remember I had a full box of meatlover's pizza and a few bottles of Coke, and as soon as I had the game ready I remember picking the server that all the Oceanic folk had decided to land on (The Swiftsure) and getting on my Trooper. I played the whole night, and when I woke up early the next morning I kept playing on still until falling back asleep when night came again. I wasn't zooming through the levels, but more just exploring every crook and cranny (while still going relatively quick).

The first group quest I did that I still remember was one on the Trooper starting zone where you have to group up to kill hard mobs on this certain island, and I had such a blast using that move where you hit the mob with your gun and it moves back. I'm not sure if I actually had that move yet or if I'm misremembering, though.

Also, I loved shooting and running at the same time. It was really cool to see your bullets bending and curving if you moved and shot together. And, the voices just blew me away during those first few dozen levels.

I also remember how fun it was to alt tab and look at the threads zooming by on MMO-C, and talk about the experience together. I still remember Trollsbane and everyone else, all hyped up and excited about it, talking about the tiny details.

It makes me wish I could forget about everything that happened at post-launch and experience the launch all over again.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2012-08-26 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post

It makes me wish I could forget about everything that happened at post-launch and experience the launch all over again.
    For the money I've spent on the game I would say the post launch stuff has been worth it.

However, I am rapidly approaching a breaking point.

1.4 might the end for me if it isn't good.

I really hope it is though.

Wtb news on secret space project... >_<
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Yeah, the $60 was worth it for those first few weeks/months for me.

I'm still entertained, buy the game. Not nearly as much as I was and if Trion's new expansion is good then I may migrate that way. That said, the euphoria I had during the launch and subsequent days was amazing. Not only does 1.4 have to be amazing, but it needs to come out sooner rather than later. Guilds on A-P servers are collapsing and with no free transfers offered to them it's been tough for one of my toons. There's been a distinct decline in the population the A-P PVP server . Oh well, I'll just keep building my time machine to go back and warn Bioware what not to do!! (oh, and to just keep reliving the launch )

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god... launch for me? I woke up bright and early for the Early Access. I got on and did not move for a very long time. Okay, for like 3 days. Then I got off my ass with nearly no sleep and drove from Ohio to Georgia to spend a week with my girlfriend. That was my launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a very good time playing TOR.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was actually pretty fun reminded me of mass effect alot, the endgame felt way too grindy for me though >.<

I got it for christmas so installed it and played a bit but was more focused on other presents :S

The money was definitely not worth it to me. I still can't believe I wasted money on that garbage. Harsh, but very true in my eyes. Still, when it goes free, that will be much better. It's good enough to be free (or b2p), but definitely not worth a monthly fee.

I really enjoyed this game at launch... until I started to try and log on after work. I would get home, turn on my computer, and then wait for over an hour to get on. After that pre-release week was up, my friends and I all jumped servers just to get out of the queue times. All of us abandoned level 30+ characters just to be able to enjoy our play experience without having to wait every day.
    In all honesty, after my experience with this MMO, and what I have been reading on various forums about the ones that have come out since and will be coming out soon... I think this is it for me and MMO's in general. I think it's that point where I need to start finding something more productive to do with my time...

Deleted

worth the money

Quote Originally Posted by Karshtakavaar View Post
    I really enjoyed this game at launch... until I started to try and log on after work. I would get home, turn on my computer, and then wait for over an hour to get on. After that pre-release week was up, my friends and I all jumped servers just to get out of the queue times. All of us abandoned level 30+ characters just to be able to enjoy our play experience without having to wait every day.
    In all honesty, after my experience with this MMO, and what I have been reading on various forums about the ones that have come out since and will be coming out soon... I think this is it for me and MMO's in general. I think it's that point where I need to start finding something more productive to do with my time...
    when it came out,, ive quitted wow.. i was on head start and for 1 week i refuse to go out.. tilll i lost my job so i focus on playing more and mroe..

i really really love the game.. story line etc... the pvp was fun too.. been 4 months i play with it non stop till i log on wow becoz of Scroll of Ress then my swtor addiction dimiish as i spent more and mroe time on wow again..

i have a lot of level 50 tooo with cybertech and stuff.. i miss the game so much

Quote Originally Posted by johnard19 View Post
    when it came out,, ive quitted wow.. i was on head start and for 1 week i refuse to go out.. tilll i lost my job so i focus on playing more and mroe..

i really really love the game.. story line etc... the pvp was fun too.. been 4 months i play with it non stop till i log on wow becoz of Scroll of Ress then my swtor addiction dimiish as i spent more and mroe time on wow again..

i have a lot of level 50 tooo with cybertech and stuff.. i miss the game so much
    You played until you got fired from your job... man I hope thats not true or you are a teenager at home. Either way life is going to slap you in the face with a harsh dose of reality if you keep doing things like this.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Same thing I'm seeing with Guild Wars 2.

People jump in, hyped up, declaring it to be the greatest MMO/game they've ever played that will no doubt blow WoW out of the water in a few months. The novelty wears off, they'll go and rant how boring it was and how they always said it would suck.

Quote Originally Posted by CHALET View Post

People jump in, hyped up, declaring it to be the greatest MMO/game they've ever played that will no doubt blow WoW out of the water in a few months. The novelty wears off, they'll go and rant how boring it was and how they always said it would suck.
    ^This has already begun unfortunately. Ppl are already regretting that they hopped on the hypetrain!

Quote Originally Posted by CHALET View Post

People assume things will be in the game or done that isn't promised. They buy into hype without actually seeing what the game features are and if its something for them. Then when a game doesn't have the things they assumed it would instead of realizing they jump to a bad conclusion they blame the game for their preconceptions. People just expect far too much from games most of the time. I am not saying that the games themselves don't fall short or just fail to do things, but many of the rage filled posters and /general chat people you see, expected things that were never part of the deal.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Really the only difference between then and now for me is that I played it like twice as many hours per day as I do now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Launches are always fun, if you have not already spoiled yourself with too much Beta that is. The "new" is always so, well, "new."
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really enjoyed launch and I enjoy the game even more now. This is mostly because I had a pretty lousy computer at the time and my game play was down right atrocious. Now with a new PC build and raiding with a ranked guild I won't slow down any time soon.

Or to put it another way, in WoW I only had the urge to create 2 alts in the 3+ years I played it vs. SWTOR where I already have 5 alts since launch.
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer

I hated it.While other ppl were already playing i had to wait couple of days just cause i preordered it later.That is just total bullshit

I have played since launch..and I still play...and I still have loads of fun.
    I think it's a great game and always has been a great game.
    My opinion, of course

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef View Post
    I hated it.While other ppl were already playing i had to wait couple of days just cause i preordered it later.That is just total bullshit
    No, it's not bullshit to have early access. It's how gaming companies sell early pre-orders. In all honesty, it's your fault for not ordering it sooner.