Frustrated with CS

I have the problem that others have in which I am unable to play because "my key is already in use". I was able to play during the grace period thanks to the pre-order, which worked just fine. However, now that the grace period ended, I cant play. Every time I call support, it just says to try again later. I would much rather wait in a 3 hour line with speakerphone on than have to keep trying to call. Additionally, I cant even use their customer support forums because my game isnt activated, it says I dont have sufficient privileges.

Finally, I tried calling Origin support, and on their end everything looks fine. On their records, the transaction went through and the key is even linked to my account. Yet, nothing. I was told I have to get support from Bioware. Which I cant get into contact with. I submitted a form, but have gotten no response yet. I dont even have a confirmation email telling me that they received my request for support, so I dont even know if they got the request. This is just.... terrible support.

They had like a million pre-orders, you would think they would have been better prepared.

Well, hope to be playing at some time before the year ends... -.-

Have you tried launching it from the SWTOR launcher and not Origin ? You did apply both the pre-order code (for early access) and your game key to your account right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    Have you tried launching it from the SWTOR launcher and not Origin ? You did apply both the pre-order code (for early access) and your game key to your account right ?
    Yes, my actual account on the TOR website says I am still on the step that I need to register a product code. I havent used the Origin launcher ever.

Also, the pre-order code is the only reason I was able to play during the grace period.

But are you using the Retail product code or your Pre-order product code?

#EDIT#

Okay I see you are using your Pre-Order code, that code only got you into the head start... Stupid I know, but I had to do a quick online chat with Origin to get my retail code emailed to me. If you open up the Origin client application, and hit the ? button at the top it will bring up the help, then hit the "Live Chat" button on the top of the help screen and it will bring up a chat with a customer service agent.

It took me all god damned day to find that button yesterday, but when I did a quick 4 min chat with a customer service rep and everything was fixed.
    Last edited by Abrupt Muffin; 2011-12-23 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Abrupt Muffin View Post
    But are you using the Retail product code or your Pre-order product code?
    I have tried to use both. The pre-order was the only one that let me access anything at all (prior to the grace period ending) because the main code produced an error, then a key already in use error.

When I register, I enter the key, hit continue, it says:
    "By redeeming this code, you are now registered for the following:
    STAR WARS(TM): The Old Republic(TM) Digital Standard Edition"

I hit continue again and it errors:
    "The code has already been used."

EDIT:
    Okay I see you are using your Pre-Order code, that code only got you into the head start... Stupid I know, but I had to do a quick online chat with Origin to get my retail code emailed to me. If you open up the Origin client application, and hit the ? button at the top it will bring up the help, then hit the "Live Chat" button on the top of the help screen and it will bring up a chat with a customer service agent.

It took me all god damned day to find that button yesterday, but when I did a quick 4 min chat with a customer service rep and everything was fixed.
    Again, I already called origin and they said that the RETAIL code was already linked to my account and shows active on THEIR systems. This problem is lying directly with Bioware. Which I cant get hold of.
    Last edited by TheRabidDeer; 2011-12-23 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    I have tried to use both. The pre-order was the only one that let me access anything at all (prior to the grace period ending) because the main code produced an error, then a key already in use error.

When I register, I enter the key, hit continue, it says:
    "By redeeming this code, you are now registered for the following:
    STAR WARS(TM): The Old Republic(TM) Digital Standard Edition"

I hit continue again and it errors:
    "The code has already been used."

EDIT:

Again, I already called origin and they said that the RETAIL code was already linked to my account and shows active on THEIR systems. This problem is lying directly with Bioware. Which I cant get hold of.

The only way to contact Bioware about your issue is listed on this page here.. http://www.swtor.com/support/form

Quote Originally Posted by IcyDeath View Post
    The only way to contact Bioware about your issue is listed on this page here.. http://www.swtor.com/support/form
    Yea, I used that already. They dont have any kind of email that is sent out to confirm that they received the request, so I just hope that they did. You can also call them, but their phones are constantly full.

On what date exactly did you enter your retail key onto your SWTOR account?

Edit: The reason I ask is because I remember reading the following post.
    http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=480
    Last edited by Bodhidharma; 2011-12-23 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhidharma View Post
    On what date exactly did you enter your retail key onto your SWTOR account?

Edit: The reason I ask is because I remember reading the following post.
    http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=480
    Was around the 16th or 17th.

Yeah most likely you'll have to wait for the SWTOR support to email you back then.

Personally I didn't have any problems. However if you also consider if a certain percentage of customers of any given product encounter a problem registering etc, let's call that X%... with a game like SWTOR which had a record number of pre-orders and sales... that X% is quite a lot of people due to the large numbers who pre-ordered and bought the game. But it's still probably the same % as any other MMO etc.

Wink

I saw a fix for this on the swtor website. I guess alot of people are having this issue. You might want to try swtor forums under customer service. there are a few topic on this issue.

Origins is the reason why I cancelled their pre order and got it from walmart on tuesday. Everything went smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by highdesi View Post
    Origins is the reason why I cancelled their pre order and got it from walmart on tuesday. Everything went smooth.
    All well and good, but my problem is on Biowares end, not Origins.

Deleted
    I had the same problem, and you are not going to like this but you will have to register another game time code...

Quote Originally Posted by Paintank View Post
    I had the same problem, and you are not going to like this but you will have to register another game time code...
    Its not game time, its the actual game. And I am not gonna pay another $60.

I have the problem that others have in which I am unable to play because "my key is already in use". I was able to play during the grace period thanks to the pre-order, which worked just fine. However, now that the grace period ended, I cant play. Every time I call support, it just says to try again later. I would much rather wait in a 3 hour line with speakerphone on than have to keep trying to call. Additionally, I cant even use their customer support forums because my game isnt activated, it says I dont have sufficient privileges.

Finally, I tried calling Origin support, and on their end everything looks fine. On their records, the transaction went through and the key is even linked to my account. Yet, nothing. I was told I have to get support from Bioware. Which I cant get into contact with. I submitted a form, but have gotten no response yet. I dont even have a confirmation email telling me that they received my request for support, so I dont even know if they got the request. This is just.... terrible support.

They had like a million pre-orders, you would think they would have been better prepared.

Well, hope to be playing at some time before the year ends... -.-
    Hello fellow victim of SWTOR customer support. I have similar problem but with physical copy of the Collectors Edition. Got the game on 13th Dec. When I tried to follow code redemption wizard for the first time I got "unrecognized error". Ever since I'm getting "code already used" message. System marked my product code as used but game is not registered.

I'm trying to get support since 13th Dec, so its 11 days now. I sent them very detailed description of my problem, including photos of my registration code, receipt with my name on it, Collectors Edition DVD box. Nothing helps. I can't play the game, I can't even post on official forum to complain (only game owners can). My tickets got closed with automated response not related in any way to reported issue. Forum posts (when I had permission to post, during early access) were ignored. Same with emails. It feels hopeless...

Anybody know if its possible to get a refund? I started a couple days late with the prelaunch, and now I am basically 2 weeks behind the rest of my guild... and to me that pretty much kills the fun of most of the game. I still havent heard from customer support either.

Anybody know if its possible to get a refund? I started a couple days late with the prelaunch, and now I am basically 2 weeks behind the rest of my guild... and to me that pretty much kills the fun of most of the game. I still havent heard from customer support either.
    If you paid by credit card then just issue a charge back with your credit card company, telling them you didn't receive the product you paid for.

Just your shitty luck I guess, I called in two days ago and was talking to someone literally the second I called, which startled me because I planned to pre-game customer support (The joys of being on college break!) had to put down my beer to answer him..

Quote Originally Posted by Tartcart View Post
    Just your shitty luck I guess, I called in two days ago and was talking to someone literally the second I called, which startled me because I planned to pre-game customer support (The joys of being on college break!) had to put down my beer to answer him..
    I was told this cant be solved over the telephone. I am still waiting email response.