Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrina View Post
    Just saying generally us ladies prefer fantasy over sci-fi but SWTOR is like Scifi-fantasy, I was also going to take a break from MMOs until guild wars 2 but I just so happy I tried this game out. I don't normally like levelling but I can see myself levelling all classes in this game.
    Self inflicted stereotype... My sister loves the star wars franchise A LOT more than me she is like a fangirl to the point she shouldn't be. She also likes other sci-fi franchises. I guess I should tell her that she is an anomaly...
    I think it's just prejudice against sci-fi and I believe girls are more effected by it. Or maybe not take a look at MLP and how popular that is.
    Last edited by mmoc797e9b2396; 2011-12-25 at 09:27 AM.

Deleted
    Every girl i know who plays SWTOR (2) plays sith inquisitor...why is beyond my understanding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Hi, I'm a girl. Yesterday, I was farming some reputation for Talbuk and found it surprising I liked it.
    Hm... you mentioned you were a girl. That suddenly makes what you said more interesting. TALK ME PLOX!

10+ Year Old Account
    clicked on thread for a good read. was not disappointed.

ot: gender shouldn't technically matter
    I used to like WoW. I still do, but I used to, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by urban dictionary
    Terms such as "baddie" do nothing to help remove the socially-inept, tone-deaf loser stigma stuck on gamers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Does it matter? PvP matters as much as pet battles.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am now going to start every thread with; "Being a male player, I...(resisted the urge to type took an arrow the k-)"

Regardless. Thank you for your feedback!

Deleted
    This sort of thread is what makes people believe in stereotypes. Thanks for fuelling the sexism fires for another year, Merry Christmas!

---------- Post added 2011-12-25 at 09:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ultima View Post
    i am now going to start every thread with; "being a male player, i...(resisted the urge to type took an arrow the k-)"

regardless. Thank you for your feedback!
    how ...i.... Badiobwdipbauiwdb

ps that is a great sig bro

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    "Hi I got this story to tell you, oh btw I'm also a girl"

This thread is basically ^ that.

Nice way of stereotyping a gender you seem proud of so distinctly.

You might aswell say, Generally us women also enjoy cooking, staying at home with the kids and taking the abuse of our violent spouse.

More to the point (I suppose), glad to hear you like it but... past this being a diary entry I don't know what else we are supposed to respond too lol.

Like everyone else, I am just elaborately saying, this seems like an attention post "hey guiz im a girl!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Being a GuyInRealLife I was a skeptic that I could garnish enough attention to satisfy my ego.

Luckily SWTOR is providing that for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ishootblanks View Post
    as a matter of fact we all do.. those of us who do not are called metrosexual.. and get pedicures regularly..

oh.. and girls don't play SWTOR!
    Yeah tbh, I haven't really met a guy who doesn't inherently want to take something a part and put it back together lol. But I don't mind stereotyping my own gender. We weren't ever opressed.

I'm sticking up for all those women who would hate to be said "hai im a gurl i only like games where i get to cook and clean the house!"

---------- Post added 2011-12-25 at 10:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaljaen View Post

This thread is basically ^ that.
    So true lmao
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Every girl i know who plays SWTOR (2) plays sith inquisitor...why is beyond my understanding.
    Personally my main is a BH Merc and my main alt is BH Powertech :P

To the OP:
    I'm not sure I'm agreeing with girls mainly liking fantasy.. both me and quite few friends of mine are equally into fantasy and sci-fi..
    I doubt it has much to do with gender and more about personal taste, so yes.. the whole "I'm a girl" thing comes off as a bit silly..
    Last edited by Jeni; 2011-12-25 at 10:41 AM.

Deleted
    brb making a thread called "being a male player i was a skeptic"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeni View Post
    Personally my main is a BH Merc and my main alt is BH Powertech :P

To the OP:
    I'm not sure I'm agreeing with girls mainly liking fantasy.. both me and quite few friends of mine are equally into fantasy and sci-fi..
    I doubt it has much to do with gender and more about personal taste, so yes.. the whole "I'm a girl" thing comes off as a bit silly..
    Isn't sci-fi a form of fantasy anyway? :\

I mean "sci-fi" "science-fiction". It's basically "science-fantasy".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    I am now going to start every thread with; "Being a male player, I...(resisted the urge to type took an arrow the k-)"

Regardless. Thank you for your feedback!
    arent you suposed to close this thread?
    it goes nowere all is just talking bout he/she is a girl that is gaming..

Quote Originally Posted by laggspike View Post
    arent you suposed to close this thread?
    it goes nowere all is just talking bout he/she is a girl that is gaming..
    PVP & Priest forum moderator.

Presumably that means this is someone else's domain :P

Wow, there are alot of immature people on this forum, why does it matter if she stated her gender.

On another note, I have finished 6 characters starting areas and working on number 7. Thats 7 characters I have, not 1 character and 6 alts. This is a true MMO-RPG, and I mean RPG.

---------- Post added 2011-12-25 at 05:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    Isn't sci-fi a form of fantasy anyway? :\

I mean "sci-fi" "science-fiction". It's basically "science-fantasy".
    The Sci-Fi category was created before Fantasy.

Deleted
    Just saying generally us ladies prefer fantasy over sci-fi but SWTOR is like Scifi-fantasy, I was also going to take a break from MMOs until guild wars 2 but I just so happy I tried this game out. I don't normally like levelling but I can see myself levelling all classes in this game.
    I'd consider that an unfair stereotype, to be honest. I know a lot of women who prefer the sci-fi genre to fantasy stuff. It's a matter of personal taste and has absolutely nothing to do with gender.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Froggy View Post
    Wow, there are alot of immature people on this forum, why does it matter if she stated her gender.

On another note, I have finished 6 characters starting areas and working on number 7. Thats 7 characters I have, not 1 character and 6 alts. This is a true MMO-RPG, and I mean RPG.

---------- Post added 2011-12-25 at 05:25 AM ----------

The Sci-Fi category was created before Fantasy.
    Theres also a lot of naive people on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Sith Warrior here. That charge kicks ass ^_^

Deleted
    Coming from a fellow female - don't generalize. Being a huge SW fan since many years, and an MMO player since a long time as well, I must disagree with your opinion. Being a girl doesn't matter at all - either you enjoy something or you don't, and not all girls have to be all "ohai i luv elves cuz they r so cute, oh and also sci fi sux <3"
    Personally, I tried the beta and I would love to play the game, but sadly I don't have the time to play 2 mmo's at once, and I cannot abandon my guild on WoW.
    Last edited by mmoc90e823638e; 2011-12-25 at 03:12 PM.