Prot warriors in arena

I love prot warrior and wanna play in arena are they viable in 2s or 3s?

Deleted
    only if you can find someone to carry you. but as a standard point, no its not viable. it can be played like everything can but, i wouldent count on getting anywhere half decent..

You would be Much better off in Rated's. You make the very best FC.

Is the PVP warrior spec (arms) totally viable? Yeah but not as well as other classes at all.

So you want to go even lower than that...no it's not viable just go arms. Or as mentioned FC for RBGs.

Hpal + Protwar = GG. Vigilance on Hpal and just laugh at the 50k shield slam crits. Vengeance is a beast!

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
    Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
    VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

Deleted
    You will never get anywhere near 50k shield slam crits in arena even with full vengeance.

You will get destroyed by almost every 2s team out there. May have some via ility in 3s due to ability to lock down a healer for a long time, but really you'd be better as arms with gag order spec.

Deleted
    it will be hard, but its funny to try it

in 2s. (2s are gay, blah, blah, blah)
    43 minute match as hpal/uh dk against protwar/restosham at around 2000mmr

please. make the hurting stop.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    in 2s. (2s are gay, blah, blah, blah)
    43 minute match as hpal/uh dk against protwar/restosham at around 2000mmr

please. make the hurting stop.
    I would never spend 43 min in an arena match.....forfeit after 10 min thats a huge waste of time.

@OP Don't bother, prot is not that good in arena. Should just go arms or do bgs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tweekzlol View Post
    only if you can find someone to carry you. but as a standard point, no its not viable. it can be played like everything can but, i wouldent count on getting anywhere half decent..
    2.5k as prot mate

www.youtube.com/ayraswag plenty of 50ks in arena from a prot warrior

He can do whatever he wants for 2s of course because it doesn't matter, literally any spec can be okay in 2s, but when he wants to upgrade to 3s or 5s he's gonna be put in a bad situation because prot is worthless there and he realizes he never learned to play arms well.

Don't encourage him lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    I would never spend 43 min in an arena match.....forfeit after 10 min thats a huge waste of time.

@OP Don't bother, prot is not that good in arena. Should just go arms or do bgs.
    we were trying to do hotter streak, which is why i was holy instead of ret.

we.were.not.going.to. lose. ever.

and we didn't. finally caught the shaman behind a pillar in a HoJ, with the warrior ghoul stunned out in the middle. dk frenzied and i spamed exo with wings/favor/inqu. dead shaman.

i'm pretty sure we were the only people they lost to all day, since a lot of people probably just left matches due to the length, and lining up burst on the shaman with out the warrior interfering was incredibly hard particularly with an unholy dk who dont really do much burst at all.

a few weeks later me and the dk on our alts frost dk/resto shaman encountered a bloodk dk/resto druid combo. it was much easier to kill since we forced the druid into tree form very early and we could pretty much keep the blood dk perma rooted/frogged/snared on the other side of the arena.

yes. to the OP. if you want to go prot in arena, go ahead. you will lose lots and most of your wins will be due to people leaving in frustration. if you have your heart set on prot in pvp, do rbgs, prot wars are the BEST flag carriers.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayraswag View Post
    2.5k as prot mate

www.youtube.com/ayraswag plenty of 50ks in arena from a prot warrior
    Which battlegroup was that, because those opponents were awful, and must've had zero resilience they died in mere seconds on a switch with no cooldowns even used.

Edit I regularly get 60-70k shield slams in pve, but that's with another 6000 attack power and no resilience or armour to burn through. Show me a 4.3 patch clip against good players and I'll be impressed.
    Last edited by mmoc19d6468924; 2011-12-26 at 10:22 PM.

I love to meet prot-specced players on bgs..
    I love to Shiv them and steal all vengeance...
    I love to see them slowly dying, without dealing any damage...
    Aldoraan Ret Pally since 2.4

Outland - love forever

10+ Year Old Account
    I play at 2200 on both my toons (only added this so there is some scope to my level of experience. Not claiming greatness.), prot is actually incredibly viable, if played correctly. ATC (prot, hunter, hpally) works well. Arenajunkies.com has a few gladiator warriors who stream matches as prot in the 2400-2500 mmr range. Ayra (eu) is particularly good, and he does well with every partner I've seen him play with, discrediting anyone that says prot can't be viable in a 3s setting. Prot is obviously still the premiere FC in RBGs
    -- i7 4770k @4.3Ghz | GSKILL Trident 16GB 2400 | GTX 780ti SLI | 1TB Samsung EVO 840 | Maxumus VII Hero Z97 --

Deleted
    Suppose with a cat or a mage it could work.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asatru View Post
    Hpal + Protwar = GG. Vigilance on Hpal and just laugh at the 50k shield slam crits. Vengeance is a beast!
    just because i lost to a 2k prot pally and prot warrior last night in 2s doesnt make it viable.....
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Quote Originally Posted by tinkabela View Post
    Which battlegroup was that, because those opponents were awful, and must've had zero resilience they died in mere seconds on a switch with no cooldowns even used.
    Cyclone EU I think.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    dnt play arena i find it more fun to cap from raiding and then doing some bg's but prot warriors are only useful in random bg's not arena

Quote Originally Posted by tinkabela View Post
    You will never get anywhere near 50k shield slam crits in arena even with full vengeance.

You will get destroyed by almost every 2s team out there. May have some via ility in 3s due to ability to lock down a healer for a long time, but really you'd be better as arms with gag order spec.
    Youtube Ayraswag... Winning as prot at 2400 in 2's. And yes 30 to 40k Shield slam crits are very easy to get as prot with vengeance bar topped off and reck+on use strength trinket poped.