Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Akfister View Post
    Yes thats exactly what the problem is for me, atleast im not the only one who got the problem. I just dont get it why some got the problem and some doesn't. its not lag, its not ms, and its not something you can change in options... what is it? is bioware aware of the problem?

---------- Post added 2011-12-29 at 07:20 AM ----------

The problem got answered by stephen now, they are fixing it and will do it fast as possible

Sorce; http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/commen...ager_for_star/
    Well it's good they're looking into it and it's good that I never really noticed these issues in the first place, so I can go on being happy with the game and things get better for those having issues, sounds like a win win situation to me.

Something I've noticed... and it may not be related, but I think it is...

Playing my Jedi Knight, I get an ability called Riposte. This is effectively like a warrior's Overpower in that I can use it after an enemy 'defends' against my attack (I think dodge/parry/block). Riposte's attack is not on the Global Cooldown.

I've noticed that if my Riposte will kill an enemy, often there will be a delay after my strike lands and the enemy registers as "dead" and shows their death animation. In this delay, they're "frozen." I believe this has to do with the combat system and animation system linking with the global cooldown... which Riposte does not respect, and therefore everything has to "catch up" if I happen to kill a guy with this ability.

I'm sure this is happening elsewhere too... I just noticed it on my JK, starting out. Sent up a red flag and may have a lot to do with the combat problems overall.

15+ Year Old Account
    i never have this problem in pve. it only occurs for me in huttball. the other warfronts seem to work as well as pve.

I have experienced this problem in Aion before. I seriously hope it's not that annoying for me in SWTOR battlegrounds (once my download actually finishes).

Deleted
    Without wanting to prophecy doom on this, for me, it is a game breaker.

This type of combat 'clunkiness' is basically what scared me away from Aion, Rift, Warhammer and Conan. I just felt as though I didnt have total and absolute control over my character. In SWTOR, its the same thing, but I believe most people are not noticing it, or just adapting their way around it because levelling is pretty easy anyway so its not a big deal. Plus the newness of everything distracts people from the fundamentals... temporarily.

People notice it in warzones because that is a competitive environment where reactive abilities really matter - and it becomes very annoying when linked to the general chaos, lower fps and lagginess of this environment. So things just feel weird. My solution to this problem was to simply stop queueing for warzones. Its too annoying, yet I am someone who even after seven years of WOW still loves the occasional game of AB, WSG or whatever just for the sheer pleasure of playing the game and PVP combat.

When I hit top level in SWTOR, I really hope this is resolved but its hard to imagine without a superhuman effort from Bioware, and massive patches that could set off other huge problems. They really have their work cut out and after the free month, if they haven't nailed it, I expect mass exodus I'm really sorry to say. I hope I'm wrong, but for me, its just history repeating just as in Conan, then in Warhammer, then Aion, and then Rift. And most upsetting is the fact that its basically the same problem - that almost unquantifiable feel of the game that WOW, despite its many flaws, gets absolutely right.

Deleted
    I just created a bug ticket stating, that they should remove off gcd abilities from GCD. It seems that these off gcd abilities are causing most 'clunkiness' to me. Got a reply that it was forwarded to the team. More people should create bug reports about this and it would reduce this lag atleast a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Assassination13 View Post
    I just created a bug ticket stating, that they should remove off gcd abilities from GCD. It seems that these off gcd abilities are causing most 'clunkiness' to me. Got a reply that it was forwarded to the team. More people should create bug reports about this and it would reduce this lag atleast a bit.
    I've had zero problem with those abilities, and I have more than one (hell, I can even use medpacks off the GCD). It sucks that some people seem to be having problems, but I'm not going to make a ticket for something I'm not experiencing.