Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

How many subs does swtor have now?

Last i heard it was 4million? is that true? anyone got any hard evidence to support or deny this?

last I heard was 1 million but that was before christmas and that was an official announcement from that rockjaw dude

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthNemis View Post
    Last i heard it was 4million?
    Source?
    I don't really wanna troll, but these threads get out of hand pretty fast anyway. Wouldn't it be nice to at least start it with a backed up number and then go from there?

@ topic: no idea

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    As of right now its 1-2 million ppl, somewere in there. I mean didn't it have 900K pre orders before launch?

Deleted
    It's possible that it's 4 million. They told us that they have 1 million ACTIVE SUBSCRIPTIONS at launch 20 Dec 2011 but that didn't count the preorders. Preorders did NOT have to add a subscription until 22 of december so most of them did not have it activated since 22.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crookers View Post
    last I heard was 1 million but that was before christmas and that was an official announcement from that rockjaw dude
    This is all we know. Everything else is just speculation.

Deleted
    Nearly 2 million and going up.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Nearly 2 million and going up.
    Any source on that?

There is no way it is anywhere near 4million. The queue sizes would be increasing still, instead of decreasing.

1 million, posted on swtor.com website 2-3 days ago.

Why bother asking? You will most likely never know the correct amount.

I think the fact that wowhead launched torhead and askmrrobot now has a swtor section too says a lot about the backing and chances the game has. When 2 of the major wow sites launch fansites for the competition too (something not done for any other games before) it's likely they're getting good sub numbers going.

I certainly plan to take a look and will likely bounce between SWTOR and WoW depending on patches etc. Currently enjoying 4.3, when it turns stale i'll check out SWTOR, when mists launches i'll be back etc. These are just games you pay companies to pay, there's no fanboyism needed for either. Play whichever you like or both if you have time/money for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    There is no way it is anywhere near 4million. The queue sizes would be increasing still, instead of decreasing.
    Read the "reducing server queues'' announcement by Bioware first. They raised server caps and added a lot new servers.

whats annoying is the 30 days FREE swtor isnt - you have to pay your next month subs before they give you anything free (my visa debit card has been charged)

total f`ing joke.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanthalus View Post
    whats annoying is the 30 days FREE swtor isnt - you have to pay your next month subs before they give you anything free (my visa debit card has been charged)

total f`ing joke.
    I was charged 75 Cents , you call that Charged ? I Get ripped off more in any Store during X-Mass.

i was charged £8.99 - the full amount of a months subs so yes its a f`ing joke.

Deleted

total f`ing joke.
    It's the same any any other major MMO? Rift, WoW, Aion, everywhere.

No, you have not been charged yet. You just remove your credit card details now. You'll get charged when your free month is up.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kameis View Post
    It's the same any any other major MMO? Rift, WoW, Aion, everywhere.
    no - with RIFT (when i got it from steam) i wasnt charged for the next month till AFTER the 30 days FREE had finished - EA charged my card the moment i added it to my account.

---------- Post added 2011-12-27 at 10:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    No, you have not been charged yet. You just remove your credit card details now. You'll get charged when your free month is up.
    NO

my bank has informed me the payment has been called for and has been actioned - EA allready HAVE my money.

LOL...I've not been charged anything and wont be until the 19/20 of January