I've just purchased this game and have no idea which class to play!

Hi all,

I decided to purchase the game this morning. I've read a lot of mixed reviews and thought I'd give it a try for myself being a big fan of the movies.

The thing is I just can't decide which class to play! I've been having a read up while the maintenance is going on but still can't make my mind up.

I've always been a big fan of the range classes. I've played a Hunter in World of Warcraft for over four years now. Up close combat really isn't my thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Discotrash View Post
    Hi all,

I decided to purchase the game this morning. I've read a lot of mixed reviews and thought I'd give it a try for myself being a big fan of the movies.

The thing is I just can't decide which class to play! I've been having a read up while the maintenance is going on but still can't make my mind up.

I've always been a big fan of the range classes. I've played a Hunter in World of Warcraft for over four years now. Up close combat really isn't my thing.
    imperial agent, smuggler or trooper I would say then

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    imperial agent, smuggler or trooper I would say then
    Thank you

It took me more than a month to decide...

You say you don't like melee...until you see a Marauder, dual weilding lightsabers, force-jump into combat and start owning face.

Try them all out. Each class is amazingly fun and completely different (and fun!) playstyle from each other. I thought I wouldn't like the Agent/BH, because of no lightsaber, but omfg throwing grenades and missiles is SO MUCH FUN!

I have three of the four to at least level 15 (with my main an Inquisitor at 29) and I love each and every one of them. I haven't tried the Warrior yet, but I really don't like melee characters in games, but may try it later on just so I have an idea of how they play for PVP purposes.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    By range do you mean anyone at a range or just ranged weapons eg blaster pistols/rifles/assault cannons etc?

Sith Inquisitors/Jedi Consulars are good for ranged DPS and then can split into advanced classes of either ranged dps/healer or melee tank/dps.

Bounty Hunter/Trooper are good for DPS and then they can either be tanks, healers or dps depending on your advanced class choice.

Imperial Agents/Smuggler are probably the least played class but have the best dps advanced class and can be good healers aswell if you take the other route.

Also the whole no melee thing really shouldn't be that much of an issue I play a Marauder and most of my damage comes from ranged abilities.

Deleted
    i will play all of them eventually, u should probably go for a imperial agent sniper.

Thank you all for the replies and advice

If you want ranged with a Lightsaber, there's always Jedi Sage/Sith Sorceror which is a caster DPS/heal type