Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Consoles are like Macs. You buy one, use it for a bit, then the next one comes out and you completely trash your old one. PC gaming is superior in every conceivable way. I own a PS2 that still works after 8 years and the original Xbox I bought when they came out died after like 2 years. I haven't bought another console since because the companies that make them don't put the same quality of care into them that PC manufacturers do for PC parts.

Consoles also stunt the growth of the gaming industry.

Again, please don't troll/flamebait threads. Infracted. -Edge

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    Consoles are like Macs. You buy one, use it for a bit, then the next one comes out and you completely trash your old one. PC gaming is superior in every conceivable way. I own a PS2 that still works after 8 years and the original Xbox I bought when they came out died after like 2 years. I haven't bought another console since because the companies that make them don't put the same quality of care into them that PC manufacturers do for PC parts.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Don't trash talk another console. Positive things only, because once one person starts, everyone else gets involved and the thread gets closed. I like this thread too, don't make me /sadpanda
    Not exactly making yourself look too good.

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    Probably the most ignorant statement I've heard this year. Do you have any idea how much money consoles generate for the gaming industry? How accessible they make games to people other than male geek gamers? Every child of five through to grandparents have access to desirable games today thanks to consoles.

Take a look at this sales chart, and you will see that Battlefield 3 a game noted for being one of the greatest PC shooters has sold almost 8million copies on consoles which is seven times as many copies as the PC version.

No doubt at this point someone wants to make the point that if there were no consoles more people would play PC games and that is true to some extent, but not everyone, young children, older people, and a great many casual gamers would not play PC games. As PC gamers frequently point out they are hardcore gamers and the vast majority of gamers are not hardcore. Blizzard knows this, it's why they continue to find new ways to make WoW as casual friendly as possible.

Consoles drive the gaming industry with the possible exception of the MMO market, but even that will change in time.

PC gamers biggest complaint is that many games have dubious UI and controls because they are console ports, that often their graphics do not achieve what is possible because they need to be able to be ran on a console and these are fair criticisms, but just remember that many of these games wouldn't exist without the funds from console gamers.

Hows about you take your PC > console mumbo jumbo elsewhere since a mod has warned against it, yeah?

I bought the original xbox and got halo 2, From the weekend that game was released iv been playing xbox live. With the friendships iv forged throughout my highschool career it was hard not to get a 360, and i continued on durring halo 3, reach and COD games. I play it because i enjoy the controller, the online, the achievments and my friends who play on it.

Well, it lasted two pages. Closing this due to people not paying attention to the OP or the earlier warning.