Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I can't locate Frigid Frostling on the pet list what I have

Spirit of Competition is listed under Gold Medallion at 8.5990%, Frigid Frostling is under Ice Chip at 5.6653%. Many pets are learned from items that have a different name, Wowhead or Armory can tell you what the item name is.

Amazing that the Fox Kit is nearly as rare as tcg pets.

The kaliari and nuts are both more common, so even a lot of the hardcore pet collectors still dont have it.

Still my favourite pet despite (or maybe because of) the ridculous amount of time spent killing foxes to get him, tho now i never use any other pets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    So, how did the EU players get the Onyx?
    That is a damn good question...

You can't transfer between regions as far as I know, so HOW did they get korean only pets?!

Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    That is a damn good question...

You can't transfer between regions as far as I know, so HOW did they get korean only pets?!
    There was a bug on the eu german dun morogh server that lasted an hour i believe. It enabled people to get sent this pet nd one of the muclocs somehow. I forget the details though.

yay! 12 of the pets on the rare list.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, wait a minute...where is Haunted Memento? It's a companion, it follows you around...don't tell me they do not consider it one! It was my favorite companion since the Scourge invasion event...:'(

15+ Year Old Account
    Also some Pets like Lurky were only Available to EU Players and that Number would be different with a Sample Base only from EU.

But yeah =)

Quote Originally Posted by thanash View Post
    Hey, wait a minute...where is Haunted Memento? It's a companion, it follows you around...don't tell me they do not consider it one! It was my favorite companion since the Scourge invasion event...:'(
    They Can't realy Track it , because you can't learn it. Its just an Item in your Inventory =)
    Druid since Feb. 06

Deleted
    I have a pink murloc egg :$ got it for being one of the first people in the queue for the signed BC collectors editions on launch night in London. Glad to see its so rare

Some pets are skewed because they are BoA to your entire account, so it could be counted up to 50 times per actual owner. Most newer promotional pets are done this way and various older ones were updated. This makes the original collector CE quite rare on live realms considering how few from 2004 are still playing. I also find it strange that the zergling is not very close to panda+diablo stats, perhaps people do not realize they changed them to allow BoA mailing and you can claim all 3 to send to every character? (roll a level 1 and run to a mailbox)

A few older pets are BoA to a single server as they were only given to one character but the item is BoA (murky for example) so presently they could be counted up to 10 times (or more if insane) per person. Pet collectors tend to be a bit OCD as well, so while they might have many pets on one toon, odds are they have several 85s (/raises hand) and would at least go through the trouble to mail BoA items if not collect a little extra on the side.

Given all this, the single use items like TCG are not as rare as they appear to be...and I have a ton of stupidly rare pets This behavior will finally be rewarded handsomely with account-wide pets and hopefully mounts+achievements too.

---------- Post added 2011-12-28 at 06:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    So any other pet collectors agree that it was really mean-spirited of Blizzard to make the Christmas pet so rare? So much for being nice during the holidays.
    Yes, my 10x 85s agree. Giving away old feats was bad form too, it was a nice way to mark older characters and there was already one for this year.
    Last edited by Aluminum; 2011-12-28 at 06:50 PM.

I don't see "Mr. Wiggles"
    Smitus of <Solace>, previously of <SNF>

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha! One person with the polar bear.. Crazy.

Deleted
    I'm so happy with my celestial dragon!!I already have the Darkmoon monkey, it's so cute.

The low numbers of Guild Page/Herald, even when you combine the factions, baffles me - it's a vendor on a CD, perfect for any char that can achieve at least honored with their guild. Sometimes you jst are out in the field, e.g. farming, with greys filling up your inventory. I hate throwing away stuff that I could vendor :P
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got everything on the common list, got 3 on the rare list (Celestial Dragon, Fox Kit, Hippogryph Hatchling). I'll eventually get all the Darkmoon ones, but by then they probably won't be on the rare list anymore.

Nice nerdscreams. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Onyxian Whelpling might be one of the most common, but I sure never, atleast it's rarely I see someone other than myself using it. And if it is, it's only to use it because I do

Quote Originally Posted by greyghost View Post
    Huh, rarest pets I own are the Lump of Coal, Celestial Dragon and Sea Pony.

Kinda surprised about the Lump of Coal. I figured that'd be something nearly everyone would've gotten after a week or so of doing the daily. Seeing it come in behind Tyrael's Hilt is like
    It's mostly because it's new and a lot of people aren't going to bother trying for it on their alts. I have the Lump of Coal on one character and then didn't bother trying for it on anyone else since in MoP pets will be account wide. I also have Mini Tyrael. I have him on about 15 characters because the item that teaches him is account bound. Though sadly doesn't get mailed to you on character creation so it's one server only at the moment. I taught it to 10 characters on one server and then when I transferred servers I brought it with me and taught it to my new characters there. I'm sure most people with the hilt probably have it on at least 10 characters which is going to make it seem much less rare than it really is.

Huh, I find it pretty strange that the Fox Kit is more rare than some of the very obscure and out of the way pets, like the oozelings or the rare whelplings or that firefly you have to farm in Zangarmarsh. Not gonna complain though :P

I'm at 188 pets atm, and have done the xmas daily every day on most of my toons, never saw Lumpy drop yet

I had hoped the Winters Veil system would be a token system like the other holidays are now. Oh well I shall keep trying

I wish some of those region specific pets weren't region specific, would be nice to have access to every pet in the game Was saving my DMF tokens for mount first then will focus on the pets I always wanted a Tallstrider mount

I wonder if those other people that also own a Dragon Kite, like to give it a pet biscuit and annoy their tank friends with the MASSIVE hitbox