View Poll Results: Are you satisfied with Customer Support in SWTOR?

Voters
151. This poll is closed
  • Yes

29 19.21%
  • No

57 37.75%
  • N/A (I have not needed to contact Customer Support)

65 43.05%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    Sith Corruption toggle in options not working, 200,000 gold that I mailed to myself never arriving, and a few Bug Reports; have been what I've made tickets for. I guess these aren't "Desperate", but there are other issues that have been reported, by other people that are game-breaking, such as the Bounty Hunter Class Quest never finishing it's Final Act for many players, leaving them unable to progress to Ilum Dailies (I talked to a Sith Inquisitor in-game who could not finish his Class Quest, as well, although I was able to finish mine as an Inquisitor)
    Well I mean, I don't wanna sound like a dick or anything, but do you really have to make a ticket for something like your sith corruption? I can think of a few bugs that I've just dealt with because I know it's still launch, and everything will get ironed out. I've had problems with my character disappearing in a BG, or me running around with the gun unsheathed but not actually there, or the quest on Nar Shadaa with the turret that doesn't work. They're not worth actually making tickets about, though. I can only imagine a lot of people are making tickets about stuff like this, and that's one of the reason CS is so slow.

---------- Post added 2011-12-28 at 09:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Crookers View Post
    Pre-order code not working was the first problem I had, also have been unsatisfied with responses to in game tickets (automated response and closed)
    Just curious - did you eventually sort it out? Are you able to play now?

I'm almost done installing it. Over the last three days, I've tried going online to see if there's a smartphone alternative to the security key. Each and every time I try, I'm told the servers are under high stress and to try again later. I would expect long queues and whatnot, but having their main website down for so long isn't exactly promising.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I'm just wondering what problems you guys are having that desperately needs Customer Service attention.
    Want a problem?

I bought the game yesterday, started to install it. When it downloaded the main game, it started to download the patches. At Patch 22, (Main Asset 22 or something like that, it's the latest patch), the file downloaded by the installer is corrupted and it makes the install to give an error and to say you need to repair the install.

To repair, you basically download all the stuff again, including the whole game, which is around 13-14 GB. And it just loops, the Patch 22 is never good, it's always corrupted, when it installs at 43% it errors and you go again to repair etc.. etc..

Here is a thread from the official forums with people having a lot of issues with this : http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=89415&page=46

After 20 hours and 5 consecutive full downloads, i still cannot finish my install, because of the patcher going bezerk and i cannot even play. Customer Support hasn't replied to my tickets, i will probably have to call, but since it's such a widespread problem, who knows if i can get help, it could be a serious bug which affects a lot of people.

Here is a small piece of conversation from the thread:

Originally Posted by Astameth
    As you guys have the English client.

Someone please test the following (for those who already went through the English Assets 1 installation once)

./swtor directory/Assets/assets_swtor_en_us_version

Please try changing the content of that file to
    "Patch Version 20, Built on Thu Dec 22 21:42:47 GMTST 2011"
    and test whether it works or not. My German client unfortunately has completely different timestamps..

Edith: backup-safety! :3
    And the answer to that, which kinda wraps it all together :

no customer who spent good money should have to do this .

i understand we need to take alternative measure for immediate fixes but dang mang bioware should have done it already.

ini forced aa for example really "borkes" me

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fela View Post
    Which would leave us with 1000 customer service workers to serve 1 _million_ customers, does that sound like too much to you? All assuming 5 full minutes to handle each request.
    Yes that actualy does sound like to much

1000 employees, all making $10-$15 an hour.... that would be $10,000 - $15,000 a day.... do you want them to go bankrupt?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Im totally not satisfied. I have the mobile app security key attached to my account. I recently swtiched phones not realizing i couldnt bring my security key over onto my new phone. And because i didnt have my security key app i couldnt log into the game let alone log into the website as it kept asking me for the security key.

I called customer service on Saturday Dec. 24th and after waiting for an hour was told that they couldnt delete the security key off of my account and that they had to delete my account altogether and they would escalate my issue and i would get an email with all the relevant details. Well come Tuesday Dec 27th, i still had not recieved anything and called customer service again, after another hour wait to talk to someone, the person i spoke to that time had no issues deleting the security key from my account and now im able to log back into everything.

So after all that fiasco i hope i never have to call customer service again.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xrxes View Post
    well, with the recent patching problems, with corrupted patch files etc.., Blizzard's technical/support system looks like a divine garden compared to what SWTOR has.

I'm trying to install it now, but can't do it.. The whole update/install system is broken, it's getting really frustrating.

And others can say what they want, but i never had any troubles at launch day to install a blizzard game, though i'm anxious to play SWTOR, looks so nice and refreshing. Arghhhhhh....

True, i have to admit.

But... I never had install problems on Blizz games.
    Yeah, lag, queues, bugs etc.., all that is nothing new for any MMO, but a simple install/patch to go wrong and basically prevent you from even opening your brand new game? Naahhh, never. The system EA/Origin/BW is using is definitely a poor choice and is doing a lot of harm to the customers.

Me, i already have 20 hours since i bought it but i cannot install the game, simple as that. That's not good in any way you look at it.

Just wondering why is the problem on their end? how do you know it's not an issue with YOUR pc?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Just wondering why is the problem on their end? how do you know it's not an issue with YOUR pc?
    Because they just released an official statement saying they are aware of them having install/file corruption problems :

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=83955

Hello everyone,

We are aware that some of you are having issues downloading/installing the game client through the launcher.
    Firstly, please ensure you have gone through our Launcher Troubleshooting Guide to try to resolve your issue.

If your issue is still occurring, then as we investigate this issue we would greatly appreciate it if you could provide us with the following information:

Your most recent launcher log
    A DXDiag report of your system
    A detailed description of the error/issue you are experiencing? If the issue is occurring with a particular file, please mention it.
    Any steps already taken to try to resolve the issue.

You can find instructions on how to get a DXDiag and launcher logs here. Please paste the contents of the DXDiag inside or tags.
    If you are not experiencing a problem with the downloading/installation of the game client through the launcher, we would ask that you do not post in this thread.
    For troubleshooting of your issue you can post in a thread related to your issue, or create your own thread requesting help.

Thank you for your patience.

*****Update*****

If you are encountering any issues with English Assets 1 re-downloading constantly please read this topic.
    PLease follow all steps outlined in this post. This should resolve the problems with English assets 1.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if this has not resolved your issue.

Thank you for your patience in this matter.
    First, the problem appeared with that file, English Assets 1. Now, it's also in the recent Patch 22. I don't have the English Assets 1 problem, but the patch is definitely bad. I turned off the firewall, i have no software which could screw with the download, it's a fresh install of W7.

I've gone through all of there FAQ, advices, user advices etc... no resolve . I want to play damnit

Well I mean, I don't wanna sound like a dick or anything, but do you really have to make a ticket for something like your sith corruption? I can think of a few bugs that I've just dealt with because I know it's still launch, and everything will get ironed out. I've had problems with my character disappearing in a BG, or me running around with the gun unsheathed but not actually there, or the quest on Nar Shadaa with the turret that doesn't work. They're not worth actually making tickets about, though. I can only imagine a lot of people are making tickets about stuff like this, and that's one of the reason CS is so slow.
    Someone has to report bugs, or else they'll never get fixed.
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Yes that actualy does sound like to much

1000 employees, all making $10-$15 an hour.... that would be $10,000 - $15,000 a day.... do you want them to go bankrupt?
    Are you kidding? Not even in developped countries they pay that much for a simple CS job, but we're in all likelyhood talking about jobs in india here (as with most CS divisions of major corps).

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't had to call CS or write a non-bug report ticket yet.

I feel for everyone having trouble getting the game to work, but with the holidays, and the game just releasing, there's a boatload of work for the CS guys, so be patient
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Just curious - did you eventually sort it out? Are you able to play now?
    They sent me an email saying it was fixed (it wasn't) so rather than wait another 3+ hours to speak to someone I bought another code.

So yeah not exactly over the moon with CS.

If you are sending in tickets then you have a problem. Why on earth do people send in tickets? Is the issue you are submitting a ticket a non game breaking issue and didn't do anything but cause a minor nuisance? If yes, then why bother to take the time to fill out a ticket, just move on with your playing. Is the issue you submitted game breaking and preventing you from furthering your game play? If yes, then there is a 99.999% chance you aren't unique and not the only person on the planet that has expereinced the same problem and there is a 99.999% chance that the company already knows about it and all your doing is adding to the ticket clutter.

Seriously, stop making tickets. If you're not happy with the game or customer service, uninstall the game and come back in a year.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have been fortunate to have zero problems at all with my account, installation, etc. Hell the only issue I ran into in game was when my class quest phase on Corellia bugged and the escape drop ship wouldn't land and was just a floating blue door that I couldn't click on and that was solved by the rest button for the quest. I am not satisfied for the rest of you though. Seems like it has been a fairly large headache for a lot of people, especially those calling their customer service. It is bad enough when I occasionally call and sit on hold with the IRS for 30-45 minutes, doing that for three hours is awful. Hope they at least have good music.

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    If you are sending in tickets then you have a problem. Why on earth do people send in tickets? Is the issue you are submitting a ticket a non game breaking issue and didn't do anything but cause a minor nuisance? If yes, then why bother to take the time to fill out a ticket, just move on with your playing. Is the issue you submitted game breaking and preventing you from furthering your game play? If yes, then there is a 99.999% chance you aren't unique and not the only person on the planet that has expereinced the same problem and there is a 99.999% chance that the company already knows about it and all your doing is adding to the ticket clutter.

Seriously, stop making tickets. If you're not happy with the game or customer service, uninstall the game and come back in a year.
    If nobody makes tickets, then nothing will ever be solved. I don't understand your logic
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post

Dear Marema, i give you OPTION C: What if the problem prevents you from even installing the game in order to play it. Than you final advice is futile. What action would you take than?

To continue,

Another official statement :

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=83955&page=12

Hi folks, I'm passing along a message regarding this issue from one of our developers:

To any users who have experienced English, French or German Assets 1 re-downloading constantly and/or saw the following lines in their launcher logs in the past 24 hours:

“ERROR Reliable source serving corrupt data”

We identified an issue with corrupt patch data being served from some download servers. We’ve corrected this issue. You should be able to patch normally at this time. If your launcher prompts you to Repair, please do so.

We’re aware that some users have made changes to their host files to point at specific download servers. We urge you to remove these host file changes going forward as the validity of those IP addresses cannot be guaranteed and you may be unable to patch in the future.

We will continue to monitor this situation and if you see a reoccurrence of this issue (and the launcher log entry above), please:

Open a command window (type cmd and enter in the Star Menu search box)
    Type ping cdn-patch.swtor.com
    Send us the IP address returned in 2) and your launcher log

We will immediately investigate and work with our distribution partners to correct the issue.
    Last edited by Xrxes; 2011-12-28 at 02:13 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    My game started bugging out on the 22nd.

Guild chat stopped working, being the guildleader makes it tough to help the guild when I can not see what's going on. The next day officer chat was gone, although it keeps coming and leaving.

Now party chat stopped working 2 days ago.

All I get from my tickets about the issue is the auto response that Thanks me for bringing the issue to them.

I can't even get onto the forums to bring the issue up there.

I still enjoy the game, but it is starting to make me not want to play atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

Looks like I will be part of the growing wave of disappointed SWTOR players and going right back to WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naix View Post
    Looks like I will be part of the growing wave of disappointed SWTOR players and going right back to WoW.
    Even with the bug I have I will not be leaving the game... yet. Hell, I still raid anyways, I just don't log into wow for anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naix View Post
    Same here.
    I really pity people who think Swotr will be better than Wow in any aspect, it wont. After all the installing shit im done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xrxes View Post
    Dear Marema, i give you OPTION C: What if the problem prevents you from even installing the game in order to play it. Than you final advice is futile. What action would you take than?
    The option I would take is a simple one. If I purchased a game, went home and couldn't install it. I would put it back in the box. Drive back to the place of purchase, and return it. I definately wouldn't waste time submitting a ticket. I definately wouldn't consider giving the company 15 bucks a month for me to play a game I can't even install.

Then I would check back in a month or two and see if the game has been fixed. Then I may or may not go back to the same store and pick up a new copy.

there are lots of other things to do with ones time besides submitting multiple tickets for a game that is new and is well known to be fairly broken. Hence why I have cancelled my sub and will check back in a few months to see if they have either fixed everything or not.

Maybe I'm just old enough to know that banging ones head against a brick wall doesn't accomplish anything except bruise ones head.
    Last edited by Marema; 2011-12-28 at 02:32 PM.