Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Recent Patch - FPS Increase

I just recently patched the game after yesterdays maintenance period and was curious if anyone else noticed an increase in their FPS. I personally am seeing an average of 10FPS higher in the game since the patching.

10+ Year Old Account
    While Optimization can and does happen in patches, the 10fps may be attributed to any number of things. It's really hard to say if it was purely from a patch or not.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sure it can be attributed to any number of reasons. But you're talking to a computer forum moderator, I know what the reasons are. My question is pretty simple and quite to the point.

I personally have made zero changes to the computer outside of downloading the latest patch and since then I have seen a FPS increase. Thus I have to believe it was the patch that has caused the increase. Which is why I came here to ask other players if they've noticed an increase in FPS also.

Is there a place in game that shows your FPS? I've only found latency.

Personally, no I have not had any kind of fps increase since the patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    Sure it can be attributed to any number of reasons. But you're talking to a computer forum moderator, I know what the reasons are. My question is pretty simple and quite to the point.

I personally have made zero changes to the computer outside of downloading the latest patch and since then I have seen a FPS increase. Thus I have to believe it was the patch that has caused the increase. Which is why I came here to ask other players if they've noticed an increase in FPS also.
    I haven't personally and to be honest the patch notes don't seem to say anything about it at all, which is what lead me to be dubious about the prospects of it being attributed to the patch. You figure if they did work to make the game run a bit smoother they'd at least make a note about it in the patch notes somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Is there a place in game that shows your FPS? I've only found latency.
    Yes, press ctrl+shift+F and it will show your FPS on the bottom left corner of the screen.

Back to original question, no my FPS haven't improved since the patch. I play on two laptops and on both I am getting about the same numbers I did before patch.

Recently wow has been crapping out on me by recently i mean like within the last week or so but like my FPS is normal then drops to 0 and it looks like my game is frozen for like 10-20secs then it comes back to normal -_-

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pymeran View Post
    Yes, press ctrl+shift+F and it will show your FPS on the bottom left corner of the screen.

Back to original question, no my FPS haven't improved since the patch. I play on two laptops and on both I am getting about the same numbers I did before patch.
    Very odd then indeed.

---------- Post added 2011-12-28 at 03:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Extinction0 View Post
    Recently wow has been crapping out on me by recently i mean like within the last week or so but like my FPS is normal then drops to 0 and it looks like my game is frozen for like 10-20secs then it comes back to normal -_-
    You should monitor the temperatures of your PC while you are gaming, see if something is overheating. Could also be add on related.

For general tech support regarding PC's playing WoW it breaks down like this:
    - Dust out PC
    - Update Windows
    - Delete WTF, Cache, and Interface folders from WoW game folder
    - Double check power options in Windows 7/Vista and make sure you are set to high performance
    - Run Ccleaner to remove temp files and registry errors
    - Check for video driver update

By the time you run through that list your issue is generally repaired.