Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I wouldn't make a rule of just PoH/CoHing once per, just do what is needed while keeping the renews refreshed with direct heals.
    Binding Heal is wickedly awesome in this situation. It and Renew top my meter breakdown on this fight. Don't stop using PoM/CoH/PoH, chakra states are not a binary spell selection.

And don't be afraid of being too liberal with Fheal. The rolling renew amps up the hpm of Fheal. Between that and the mana pool reset black blood provides, have fun with it. It's a very easy fight to heal once you get the rhythm down.

Thanks to you both, I will definitely try single target heals with rolling renews more on my next try to see if it works better for me. Would you recommend to pre-shield topped up people as holy if there's no Disc?

Chakra Sanc is going to be better - Renew people before damage goes out and then PoH / CoH them up. The bonus to renew and PoH is far superior than single target healing. Don't forget that Chakra Sanc also affects Divine Hymn healing
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    Chakra Sanc is going to be better - Renew people before damage goes out and then PoH / CoH them up. The bonus to renew and PoH is far superior than single target healing. Don't forget that Chakra Sanc also affects Divine Hymn healing
    As was prior stated, the chakra state isn't static, you can chakra, prayer of mending, divine hymn if you want the throughput bonus.

Also, I was mainly speaking to 10 man there. When you're only healing 5 people, being able to keep renew rolling indefinitely is far superior to the +10% throughput on renew. The efficiency is just superb.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellyphant View Post
    As was prior stated, the chakra state isn't static, you can chakra, prayer of mending, divine hymn if you want the throughput bonus.

Also, I was mainly speaking to 10 man there. When you're only healing 5 people, being able to keep renew rolling indefinitely is far superior to the +10% throughput on renew. The efficiency is just superb.
    Yeah 10man is a completely different ballgame. And I know you can easily swap Chakras, was just pointing that out - most people don't remember that one. Also it's not just 15% to Renew but also CoH and PoH and the CD off CoH- but yeah, I can see the value in 10m.

Deleted
    Yeah 10man is a completely different ballgame. And I know you can easily swap Chakras, was just pointing that out - most people don't remember that one. Also it's not just 15% to Renew but also CoH and PoH and the CD off CoH- but yeah, I can see the value in 10m.
    We can't all be 25 man superstars like you. ;p

Deleted
    Thanks for this guide - all I can say is I'm now using it as my bible! We're only at 1/8 but have killed morchok hc on both 25 and 10 man, and as a disc priest I basically make healing my side trivial. I think I could have solo healed a side on 10 man for a bit of a challenge, may give that a try!

Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    We can't all be 25 man superstars like you. ;p
    Shush you. Who even are you?!!? I don't know you anymore!! :P

Deleted
    Shush you. Who even are you?!!? I don't know you anymore!! :P
    Ouch...that hurt!

PoM, Renew, and CoH most certainly get a healing boost in Sanctuary, but the passive Renew up on everyone as well as the overuse of Binding Heal more than make up for it. I found it much easier in Serenity than Sanctuary. Rules are definitely different for 25 man.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarqa View Post
    Thanks to you both, I will definitely try single target heals with rolling renews more on my next try to see if it works better for me. Would you recommend to pre-shield topped up people as holy if there's no Disc?
    Not necessary, but if you end up doing it yourself keep in mind that the glyph for PWS refreshes Renew as well and that makes PWS useage as holy in Serentiy chakra much better. Personally, I prefer only really using it for Body and Soul, but the former works as well. Go for personal preference. The mana cost of PWS is negligeable b/c this fight puts zero stress on your mana pool. Even if you mana dump, you'll have most of it back during Black Blood. I don't bother with fiend of HoH. You can't really go oom if you tried.

Also, I should mention that on this fight in particular I use Holy Word as an added venue of refreshing Renew on someone. I don't strictly use it on the tank and then spam heals on him for the added crit effect. Between that and Binding Heal you can very quickly and easily refresh Renew on three people and have a lot of options with what to do with the other two: fheal or gheal or another holy word serenity or ... another binding heal!!! =)

Binding Heal is wicked this fight it tops my healing breakdown, followed immediately by Renew.

Very nicely done, appreciated!

Jelly Contact me in Game please!

Zahlia

You absolutely certain on Lightwell not giving stacks of deep corruption? Everything else I've read suggests (insists) that it does although I've never tested it myself for fear someone else uses it/missclicks it and wipes the raid. Even without, the fight is np as holy, serenity chakra, prom abuse and gheal/renew rolling...but lightwell would be awesome if it worked without stacks. I'm just not convinced it does...confirmation?

Lightwell gives a stack when you click it, but not each tick of the heal. 100% certain about that.

apologizes if it was already mentioned somewhere, but i couldnt find it.

spine of deathwing: is there a way/(addon/query for log browser) to see healing done on targets affected by searing plasma debuff?

Quote Originally Posted by babylon View Post

spine of deathwing: is there a way/(addon/query for log browser) to see healing done on targets affected by searing plasma debuff?
    Someone with raid assist runs this addon and it will automatically report at the end of the fight: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/phoenixstyle

It's also recommended that your healers use this: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/boss_shieldsmonitor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by babylon View Post

With PhoenixStyle you can see not only total heal absorbed, it saves healing done to each debuff separatly

Lightwell gives a stack when you click it, but not each tick of the heal. 100% certain about that.
    That's what I figured. In which case, the first page needs fixing since it says Lightwell provides zero stacks per use just like ProM, which isn't correct.

Just a little thing that bugged me, the rest is sound advice :>

For holy priests on Spine, Guardian Spirit is an invaluable spell for bad combos of searing plasma and grips, GS will proc for "0" healing if they have searing plasma and save them, its awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by NoHealsForYou View Post
    That's what I figured. In which case, the first page needs fixing since it says Lightwell provides zero stacks per use just like ProM, which isn't correct.

Just a little thing that bugged me, the rest is sound advice :>
    Thanks for the tip, was only holy for this fight on PTR, where I believe it did not generate a stack.

At any rate, guide has been fixed.