Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Zybak's Wishlist #2, 5 changes that could be made to the game (Constructive Thread)

This is a repost from the SWTOR forums. I'm just reposting this here so I can get some more ideas for the next episode.

Link to original thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=104535

__________________________________________________________________________________________ _____________

First of all I would really like to say that I enjoy this game a lot and want to see it succeed. Here are a few things I think could be changed or improved to make the game better (in my opinion)

YouTube video for those who don’t like to read or like visuals:

1. Huttball air vents should not be random, please give the player some sort of indication where they are going. You can do this via arrows on the mini map, by having the air blow in a certain direction, or by launching the player in the direction they are running. If you are planning on making this game competitive you need to change this, randomness like this is frowned upon by most players.

2. Display total kills, displaying a kill count is a good way to keep PvP nerds like myself busy after we hit valor rank 100. Plus it is a good way to show off how hardcore/nerdy you are.

3. Target Dummies, target dummies would be a great implementation into the game, this would allow players to learn their rotations and theorycraft much easier. Another change that would give the hard core players something to do while they pound away at their calculators.

4. Vendor sorting and the ability to resell items you bought accidentally. Luckily I haven’t been a victim of this but I do think you should have a small window of time to resell an item you accidentally bought.

5. Increase the dueling area size + give a warning screen when leaving the dueling area. I feel that the dueling area is way too small especially for melee vs. range duels where there is a lot of kiting. Also give a warning screen when you are out of the dueling area rather than instantly forfeiting the duel.

I made this thread to try and help improve the game, not to complain about it. I like this game a lot and hopefully these issues will get worked out in the future. Thanks for reading

Zybak’s Wishlist #1 Thread:http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...884#post620884
    Zybak’s Wishlist #1 Video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZdurFb9Lz4
    Arms Warrior PvP + TONS of Wildstar videos when the NDA gets dropped.

http://www.youtube.com/ZybakTV

Deleted
    1. Huttball air vents should not be random, please give the player some sort of indication where they are going. You can do this via arrows on the mini map, by having the air blow in a certain direction, or by launching the player in the direction they are running. If you are planning on making this game competitive you need to change this, randomness like this is frowned upon by most players.
    Oh god yes. Those vents are unbelievably stupid.

Deleted
    Diminishing returns as well please, especially on knockbacks.

I did a world boss on Taris last night, we where all rather dismayed to discover there is no /roll feature to roll for loot. The raid lead set it to master loot to make sure that the loot went to classes that could use it, instead of everyone rolling on everything (all the loot was BOE). I think this was the correct way to go about it, however, bioware failed to make /roll functional.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kejinx View Post
    Diminishing returns as well please, especially on knockbacks.

There are DR's. There's a bar near your portrait, when it fills up you are imune to stuns/mezz etc. Doesnt effect knockbacks and snares though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    There are DR's. There's a bar near your portrait, when it fills up you are imune to stuns/mezz etc. Doesnt effect knockbacks and snares though.
    The sellback option would be good. My guildmate suffered buying a DPS piece from the PVP champion vendor because the vendors stupidly don't show what the set bonuses are while they're in the vendor screen. Had the preferable stats for a healer supposedly but when he bought it it was the DPS set.

Also, there should be some sort of healing debuff available to DPS classes. It's nigh impossible to burst down anyone in team with 3 or so healers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerion View Post
    The sellback option would be good. My guildmate suffered buying a DPS piece from the PVP champion vendor because the vendors stupidly don't show what the set bonuses are while they're in the vendor screen. Had the preferable stats for a healer supposedly but when he bought it it was the DPS set.

Also, there should be some sort of healing debuff available to DPS classes. It's nigh impossible to burst down anyone in team with 3 or so healers.
    I'm pretty sure everyone gets a 30% healing debuff called Trauma don't they?

It's hard to burst people down, but if you're organised you can do it, rotate knockbacks/stuns/interrupts, use terrain to your advantage etc. I agree it is extremely difficult though.

Smuggler Scoundrel burst needs a bit of a slap also.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZybakTV View Post

2. Display total kills, displaying a kill count is a good way to keep PvP nerds like myself busy after we hit valor rank 100. Plus it is a good way to show off how hardcore/nerdy you are.

3. Target Dummies, target dummies would be a great implementation into the game, this would allow players to learn their rotations and theorycraft much easier. Another change that would give the hard core players something to do while they pound away at their calculators.

4. Vendor sorting and the ability to resell items you bought accidentally. Luckily I haven’t been a victim of this but I do think you should have a small window of time to resell an item you accidentally bought.

5. Increase the dueling area size + give a warning screen when leaving the dueling area. I feel that the dueling area is way too small especially for melee vs. range duels where there is a lot of kiting. Also give a warning screen when you are out of the dueling area rather than instantly forfeiting the duel.

1. Oh god yes please, I am sick of the Randomness. So say it may make it easy, no skill required .... well there is no skill in randomness. It needs to be "fixed" or at least changed.

2. Another neat idea and easy to implement. Maybe even rewards for X amounts of HKs just like in WoW because its a great feature!

3. How many times I wanted to test my DPS... its insane. I hope that they will add those in, there are training dummies ingame as you already said OP and they are neat models, hopefully they make it into the game and be beatable.

4. To top this off, maybe also sort by highest/lowest item cost, rarity from normals to EPIX and so forth. Though its not really important. But having the ability to sell back NEEDS to be in the game, saves time for the GMs to refund items and its generally a great feature Blizzard or whoever got right.

5. Once again nice idea. As sorc i like to kite people but sadly I run out of space and im screwed. This would also make dueling so much more interesting, like in SW3 where Anakin and Obiwan use the whole w/e planet to duel.

All in all great idea, subbed because you have good videos! ;P
    -K

Good post Zybak, I agree with everything you said.

good list, here's some things I would add.

#1 Remove the snare on BH knockbacks. Knockbacks are ridiculously good on Huttball which coincidentally is the map that 80% of PvP seems to be played on. This snare is extremely punishing to players, even players with good positioning. If anything, after geting knocked off a ledge you should gain some sort of "quick wind" and automatically run 35% faster for 5 seconds so you can get back into the action faster. Either this or a new creative way to skillfully avoid or interrupt knockbacks is needed.

#2 World PvP offers 0 rewards for players. The implementation of accommodations & valor gain in the short run, and hopefully in the long run a Bounty board of sorts would be an excellent addition.

#3 Sith warrior spells are extremely buggy, attacking animations sometimes get mashed together resulting in a "self-stun" where the player is bugged doing the animation of a spell while doing no damage. This is especially obnoxious when you get stuck animating a 0 damage ravage which is a 2 second cast.

#4 PvP brackets should start rolling out soon. I would start with just one split for now, level 10-24 bracket and a 25-50 bracket. (most classes seem to start to get their really meaty PvP spells between 20-30)

#5 All melee classes need a baseline movement speed increase. Simply put, ranged dps spend more time actually PvPing because they spend less time running in circles chasing people. This is something blizzard got really right, melee need the ability to run faster than ranged.
    Last edited by Twuz; 2011-12-31 at 12:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twuz View Post
    #3 Sith warrior spells are extremely buggy, attacking animations sometimes get mashed together resulting in a "self-stun" where the player is bugged doing the animation of a spell while doing no damage. This is especially obnoxious when you get stuck animating a 0 damage ravage which is a 2 second cast.
    Fucking slash on my Sentinel... WHY DO YOU NEED TO FLOURISH JUST TO SWING A BLADE?! The animation is cool and all but it's just pointless...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

More hairstyles would be nice. Some of the ones we do have are just... awful... I'M LOOKING AT YOU, EMO HAIR!

And we NEED more cybernetics options. Most of the ones we do have just look lazy.

While not a gamebreaker, I would like the ability for comparison tooltips to work with my companions as well. If I open up my character window and switch to the companion tab, I would then like the comparison tooltips to be compared against the companion's gear instead of my own. Or am I missing something that already allows this?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwine77 View Post
    While not a gamebreaker, I would like the ability for comparison tooltips to work with my companions as well. If I open up my character window and switch to the companion tab, I would then like the comparison tooltips to be compared against the companion's gear instead of my own. Or am I missing something that already allows this?
    You're missing something that already allows this.

Go in your menu (don't have game up right now, don't remember where, but shouldn't be too hard to find) and turn on companion comparison tooltips. Comparison tooltips will bring up both your own and your currently active and summoned companion's gear.
    Nifsara - BASTARD i shot my hotpocket! Now what am i gonna have for lunch?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldurok View Post
    You're missing something that already allows this.

Go in your menu (don't have game up right now, don't remember where, but shouldn't be too hard to find) and turn on companion comparison tooltips. Comparison tooltips will bring up both your own and your currently active and summoned companion's gear.
    If this is actually true and there's an option for that (which I apparently missed): I love you!

Much more needs to be added than just this list, though good list nonetheless. I don't particularly agree with #1 though. Randomness can be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I don't particularly agree with #1 though. Randomness can be fun.
    These vents aren't fun.

Agree with the majority (some things, duelling and kills dont bother me, but still could be changed) of suggestions there. Huttball for definite as well as the training dummy and vendor stuff. Huttball is annoying chasing someone and going in completely the wrong direction, only to see them get miles away with the damn ball >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    I only played SW:ToR in the beta, but them air vents in Huttball really annoyed me aswell. Running into it to get up to the next ledge, and being blown backwards was not cool.

And yeah, there should be target dummies. Not even like that is much work, they should be in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...
    Check me out on youtube! Playthroughs of Diablo 3, Minecraft and many other games with daily content!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Much more needs to be added than just this list, though good list nonetheless. I don't particularly agree with #1 though. Randomness can be fun.
    Sure it can at times, but most of the times is damn annoying, especially full premade vs full premade
    -K