Trying to figure out the right class.

Hey, I just got SWTOR, and have loved it so far as a bounty hunter. Now that I've gotten accustomed to the game, I want to create a new class. I want to still be empire, but I'm looking for more of a roguish style. Now I know there is no perfect counterpart of WoW classes to SWOTR classes, but which empire class best fits that, sneaky, but high damage kind of class? I would think it is the sniper, but I don't know... any help?

10+ Year Old Account
    if you want a rogue, i've been watching videos of the class that has the giant 2h saber and they go in stealth mode.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    if you want a rogue, i've been watching videos of the class that has the giant 2h saber and they go in stealth mode.
    Inq Assassin.

Sith inquisitor -> Assassin is the closest you'll get to a rogue. One tree is kind of like assassination, the other tree is kind of like feral druid with lots of magic dots instead of bleeds. Their last tree is a tanking blood DK like tree. They're quite good in pvp from what I see.

They have the trade mark cloak of shadows (5 seconds), vanish, sprint, sap, stuns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inq Assassin or Operative.
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

Operative is quite roguelike too. They get overlooked though since they don't have a lightsaber.

-Spammer, Scrapper Smuggler and special snowflake.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spammer of the Horde View Post
    Operative is quite roguelike too. They get overlooked though since they don't have a lightsaber.

-Spammer, Scrapper Smuggler and special snowflake.
    They get overlooked because their helmets are ugly :<.

Also, your avatar is amazing.

Operative is more rogue like than Assassin imo. Assassin is more like an enh shaman with stealth; lots of melee and spells that have short ranges. Don't know if this would matter to you or not but Assassins don't really depend on an in stealth opener for PvP but Operatives are very dependent on their in stealth opener.
    Last edited by strafefaster; 2011-12-31 at 03:01 AM.

Deleted
    Operative. Got awesome story. you got stealth you got good range and melee attacks depenting on your spec so i would say go for that.

---------- Post added 2011-12-31 at 03:37 AM ----------

And as said before they are way to over looked but it is a realy realy good class.

Both Sith Assassin and Imperial Operative get stealth and use backstab/ambush style mechanics. Operative has a proc that you need to keep up that can be burned on special abilities (similar to combo points). I haven't done much with the Assassin class, but Operative is a lot of fun to play - and as people have said, a really good class story.

i had similar experience, bought the game, lvld a sith marauder to 29 in few days, but at some point .. i felt like they are pretty low(dmg wise and pvp utility) so i decided to create a sith inq, well what can i say.. op class they can heal and do some insane dmg while ccing, i found them something similar to shamans, well i never liked shamans so i moved on to sith assasin... o yeaaaa my guess is this is the most fun class in game atm and pretty strong pvp wise, they can do some nasty dmg rly rly nasty dmg with backstab and some other things, but atm the game feels a bit laggy and for me playing a melee class in pvp felt a bit.. idc how to say it, kinda fail, you should watch the youtube progression videos gives u an ideea of each class and advanced class, but so far for me sniper is my choice overall.
    By failing to prepare you are preparing to fail

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Probably the point in this wall of text is about the Bounty Hunter storyline, will it get better with time or is it just all hunting for those guys?
    I found the BH storyline quite enjoyable, without going too much into spoilers, the great hunt storyline only lasts for 1 chapter, and I'm finding chapter 3 to be absolutely amazing.