One account being played by two people at the same time.

I only wanted to point this out (not to encourage this at all because its probably breaking the TOS of Bioware) BUT it is VERY much possible to play two characters on the same account at the same time.

I was playing a trooper and was on skype with a buddy. He wanted to try swtor out so I gave him my info and stuff expecting to be d'ced off as he logged on. Well I wasnt! In fact, he made a sith inquisitor on a different realm and even showed me. I said ok this is garbage...your faking. Show me MY toon while I play a different one. So he then logged off and onto my trooper...showed me on Skype him playing MY trooper while I was playing a Jedi gaurdian on the same server and account. LOL

wtf is this Bioware!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ershiin View Post
    Oh.. My.. God..
    This is petty beyond belief.

Why dont we start complaining about how M&Ms should be color coded while we're at it?
    Or how it should be called a Burger with Cheese because Cheeseburger is misleading?

10+ Year Old Account
    "hackers of the world unite!" lol wow pretty sure that will be hotfixed soon.

Im pretty sure if you mention this on their forums that you'll get suspended or banned for sharing your account information.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Im pretty sure if you mention this on their forums that you'll get suspended or banned for sharing your account information.
    So, instead make up a story about seeing two of the same character walking around? The story doesn't have to be real to bring up something like this.

And yeah, this could be abused so much...there's no way this is intended.

yea me and my buddy leveled together on the same account and was conversing over skype. I am sure this is not intended at all lol. That is why im posting this HERE on mmo champ instead of swtor official forums. I am not retarded >.>
    Oh.. My.. God..

Why dont we start complaining about how M&Ms should be color coded while we're at it?
    Or how it should be called a Burger with Cheese because Cheeseburger is misleading?

Pics or it didnt happen

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RedV View Post
    "hackers of the world unite!" lol wow pretty sure that will be hotfixed soon.
    This was known 1-2 days after early access begun and posted on ownedcore.com. Even Rift devs tracked popular exploiting sites and hotfixed stuff after launch...

Quote Originally Posted by Pandaliciouz View Post
    Pics or it didnt happen
    How in the hell do you expect to do this? Even if I did take a pic of it you could just believe it was my friend's account that I was seeing through skype and not mine. There is no way for me to prove this to you nor do I intend to. I will not try this again because of rumors of Bioware already banning pple for splicing exploits. So yeah...take it how you want I dont care. It really did happen and if you really wanna try it go for it.

Either you believe me or not...thats your decision.
    Oh.. My.. God..

Quote Originally Posted by Rukus View Post
    How in the hell do you expect to do this? Even if I did take a pic of it you could just believe it was my friend's account that I was seeing through skype and not mine. There is no way for me to prove this to you nor do I intend to. I will not try this again because of rumors of Bioware already banning pple for splicing exploits. So yeah...take it how you want I dont care. It really did happen and if you really wanna try it go for it.

Either you believe me or not...thats your decision.
    Because its easy to prove, you would take a screenshot in the character selection and another screenshot of both characters in game.

And your hostile respond takes away all your credibility.

Because its easy to prove, you would take a screenshot in the character selection and another screenshot of both characters in game.

You think thats hostile? haha. Ok man. You know what im lying straight through my teeth. It didnt happen nor can it happen! HUGE TROLLFACE! /end sarcasm. Why would I lie about this honestly? Do I gain anything by lying about something I experienced with a VIDEO GAME? No I just thought it would be helpful to point this out on a forum that I felt wouldnt ban me if I did so. Continue to live your whole life in conspiracy/doubt mode if you want. Or you could doubt your own doubts and become a productive citizen of society. Whtever you wish.

Its already been confirmed on my other websites that his has indeed happened and is happening. But once again, believe me if you want. I am not here to convince you or prove ANYTHING to you. peace
    Oh.. My.. God..

Quote Originally Posted by Rukus View Post
    wtf is this Bioware!?
    serving gold farmers at the finest.

Deleted

You don't have friends to try this yourself?

Yeah... I would suggest NOT doing that lol... I imagine that is pretty easy to track, and thus easy to ban. Its clear exploitation and account sharing.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by Assassination13 View Post
    You don't have friends to try this yourself?
    I don't have the game.

This could be done in beta as well so it's not out of the question that it couldn't be done in live...

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Wrong, I called up customer service for a different reason but fully said "I have 3-4 people log on my account to get me through doors and shit when i'm stuck, I know them from college and it was my girl friend who logged while I was sleeping but kept forgetting to capitalize the first letter in my password and now it's locked from any pc other than my own, and i'm still stuck at this damn door and need them to walk me through it!"
    On a related now, both people I talked to were perfectly fine with that.

I just tried this on two different computer in my house, it doesn't work.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LS1S13 View Post
    I just tried this on two different computer in my house, it doesn't work.

you must have tried the same server, it worked 2 days ago if you both log into different servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sativex View Post
    you must have tried the same server, it worked 2 days ago if you both log into different servers.
    OP said he did it with two characters on the same server. I'll try different servers.

edit: nope, one gets disconnected as soon as the other logs in
    Last edited by Nairb4; 2012-01-01 at 05:00 PM.

you have to be an idiot to believe the OPs story