Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Will you ever be happy?

Will you ever be happy with what people do for you?
    I mean, i come on the forums once a week to just see more and more hate threads on what blizzard is doing.
    Why are people so fucked up IRL that they have to bring others down to their level with them?

I love this game, i appreciate EVERYTHING blizzard has done and i fully support everything they do.
    I annoys me when people are constantly talking shit about something they loved as much as i do.
    People at one point were OMG WOW IS THE BEST GAME EVER! And now because blizzard isnt tending to every single one of you, you get all pissy and try to bring others down with you. And if you've been playing for 6 years or so and you are just tired of the game and it doesnt attract you anymore? Leave, and dont come to the forums talking shit about this game.

This community was once a good place, everyone was happy and there werent so many troll/hater posts about WoW.. i mean there was the occasional one but now it's just flooded with posts about how fail the game is and how bad its doing. World of warcraft may be losing subs.. i'm sure it has been losing subs since vanilla.. and every expansion it just loses subs.. there's so many ways to stop a subscription.. and when you put a lot of time into this game its hard to just walk away.. i know a handful of people who stopped playing this game but it wasnt because of blizzard changing everything it was all personal reasons like they have a family now, got a full time job, going to school now full time.. But everyday there are new subs to this game.. and new players will always come to play WoW.. it's the top dog on the mmos and will be known by everyone.

I just want to know, will YOU ever be happy?
    Will YOU be happy with whats being offered and even handed to you?
    To make this community better, it starts with YOU.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not overly happy with the way things are going at the moment, but I am not unhappy enough yet to leave it quite yet.

SWTOR has potential, will see how they turn out at end game contents.

If they make another game like FFXI (FFXIV was fail unfortunately) I would happily jump.

It all depends on the alternatives you have.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm more or less happy with everything but the hateful, self-centered sociopath segment of the community.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

You need to keep in mind that it is far more common for people to express their opinions when they are disgruntled. People do take time to post about being happy about something, but it is quite rare. People are far more compelled to express a grievance on the forum.

Also bare in mind the old saying, "you just can't please everybody." When group A is pissed, but group B is pleased... the forums will be dominated by hate.
    Conversely, when a change is made to appease group A a little more, now group B is upset. Thus THEY go on the forum to express their problem. It is nearly impossible to tell the differences between groups A and B and therefore it appears that both parties are in fact upset.
    That's life. Take the complaining with a grain of salt.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm looking to get Swtor when i have the money for it, but for now i'm sticking with WoW.. and all the bashing just makes me mad.. and it annoys me because i see WoW still as a lore filled adventure and i enjoy the raiding and dungeons and PVP.. but it could be because im into the lore.. i've read 4 books so far.. and im reading wolfheart now and its good.

I'm happy though, i just wish the people who are unhappy and like mira said the hateful, self-centered sociopath segment of the community would just leave and move onto other things. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbabyy18 View Post
    but it could be because im into the lore.. i've read 4 books so far
    The Warcraft universe has quite some lore behind it (books and other games and such), but WoW itself is rather weak in terms of lore. I used to play FFXI and the lore was much stronger in game, and SWTOR also had a lot of positive feedback in terms of lore also.

Completely happy? No, but that's life. Compromises with the uncontrollable.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    The Warcraft universe has quite some lore behind it (books and other games and such), but WoW itself is rather weak in terms of lore. I used to play FFXI and the lore was much stronger in game, and SWTOR also had a lot of positive feedback in terms of lore also.
    You probably don't quest.
    If you do, then you probably don't read quest text.
    I suggest reading quest text, or disabling instant quest text if possible.. it's not entirely accurate but it tells you why your where you are whats going on there.. it's quite awesome when you actually know whats going on instead of just kill 10 bears, collecting 5 pieces of lumber, and picking up 10 pieces of rope.
    xD

About WoW?
    The developers have views and ideas about gameplay/class design (about what is fun and what is not) that radically differ from mine. That's fine, I don't expect them to ever follow up on player concerns - after all that is their game.
    In addition, I had a good share of fun in WoW. There are moments and even whole patches that I can say - were one of the most memorable in my life.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

I am used to it now. I already know that Blizzard can't win no matter what. Someone say something like "Blizzard is destroying Warcraft lore! fuck you Blizzard!" but in fact I still don't know what the hell is destroying lore? Just because major character die doesn't mean the whole lore is destroyed. People seem to forget that Warcraft2 characters died and got replaced by Warcraft3's so many of Warcraft3's will be replaced by WoW's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fun gameplay should NEVER EVER BE IMPACTED NEGATIVELY BY LORE IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER

Lore should be a nice bonus and as a reason behind the content, but when it starts getting in the way something needs to change, deathwing is a perfect example.

"oh noes hes too strong! we can't actually tank him!" so now the final boss of the expansion, WHO DESTROYED 2 FUCKING CONTINENTS BY FLYING OVER THEM, lies down and takes it like a bitch while we fight adds.

Until this is realized I doubt I will be happy.

Oh and LFR helped make this tier shitty. I'd link the quote where bashiok said that having 3 difficulties means content has to be simpler but I can't find it for some reason.

if no one complains the game would not envolve this fast or at all, constant complaining has led to many good things and will, though i aggree that it could be done more nicely and such
    just look at humanity, the west , at some point, envolved really fast, cause life standart sucked or people complained and wanted better things, on the other hand you got natives of some countrys who live like they did 2000 years ago or something like that, because overall their live was good or they just were happy with what they got and did not get greedy, still a mystery to me

complaining often leads to things getting better, in my humble opnion at least

I'm generally content, you just don't hear me when I'm content, because I don't go out of the way to say "blizzard is doing an OK job right now"

I just complain once in a while when they do something that truly makes my experience in the game worse, which seems contradictory to their goals.

though some I try not to bring up, for instance I absolutely LOVED griefing lower level towns, and am mad that they gave them overpowered level 85-90 elite guards that easily overwhelm me. Bringing that up is unlikely to get anything changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it's aged, and changed. It's not the game we once played, hence why people don't like it anymore.

You can't expect millions of folks to play the same thing for 7+ years and be happy-go-lucky. We're still playing what amounts to the same game with little to no changes to the system made over the years.

And on a strictly imo basis, the successes this game has had, have ruined it.

10+ Year Old Account
    You probably don't quest.
    If you do, then you probably don't read quest text.
    I suggest reading quest text, or disabling instant quest text if possible.. it's not entirely accurate but it tells you why your where you are whats going on there.. it's quite awesome when you actually know whats going on instead of just kill 10 bears, collecting 5 pieces of lumber, and picking up 10 pieces of rope.
    xD
    I played FFXI before WoW, the lore is MUCH stronger there.

Sure it has some relevant parts here and there, but a lot of them are not well linked, and depends on where you quest you can miss a portion of it. In FFXI, each expansion has a set of "storyline missions" that you have to do. You do not just get access to all the raids, you have to follow that storyline and eventually they lead you to the raid. And the storyline missions get released portion by portion as the expansion goes so the storyline carries on and lead you onto next raid and such. As you play through the game you really feel like reading a story there, but you do not get that in WoW, even if you follow all the quest ans such it doesn't have that same impact.

If you do not mind about graphics (in comparison you will think WoW graphics is great), Youtube CoP storylines in FFXI (or others, but CoP is the most famous one for lore) and you will see how the story of the expansion is told in comparison to in WoW.

I am not sure about SWTOR but I have been told it is also much more lore orentated than WoW, but I cannot judge until I get the game myself which I planning on soon.
    Last edited by Grym; 2011-12-31 at 02:54 AM.

Will you ever be happy with what people do for you?
    Rephrasing for accuracy:

Will you ever be happy with how a wealthy corporation allocates the money you pay?

You act like Blizzard are some kind of altruists that just do us all kinds of favors. We pay for the game. Because we pay for it, similar to shareholders, we have a say. Since we pay them, they are obligated to listen to us if they want to keep making money.

Thus, we are expected to complain. If I go to a restaurant and receive crappy service, you bet I'm going to say something. I paid for that service.

Personally, I'm pretty happy with most of the things Blizzard does. But I can see why people complain, and they have every right to. They PURCHASED their right to complain.

It's been pretty downhill for a while, with a few good moments. Ulduar, Cataclysm launch... 4.3 though has to be the worst batch of content they've ever added though, yeesh, I'm annoyed I spent 15 dollars to resub and see it even.

I'm spent on raiding and I like challenging content and playing in the game world, so there's no place for me anymore, especially when all of the content is uninspired and recycled. Time to find a new game, I'm afraid.

I've been fiddling with SWTOR and the leveling game is REALLY fun and engaging as a co-op experience BUT I don't see it's end game being any better. I'll play for a few months, get my fill and it's up to Bioware to convince me to stay.

Guild Wars 2, next! I actually don't think I'll play any MMO really long term ever again really, until sandbox titles like UO come back it's so much more fun to jump around.

I am guessing the OP has not been around that long. People have ALWAYS complained. The game is old; it’s bound to wear on people after awhile. How many games have been relevant as long as WoW? That said, in my opinion, the quality of the game has declined significantly.

To answer the question: Will people ever be happy? If they weren’t happy at one time they would have no reason to complain; they must have been happy at some point.

Whether their dissatisfaction lies with playing the same game for the past 6-7 years or with Blizzards design is a better question. One is inevitable the other isn’t.

I wouldnt say i love Blizzard but i like WoW alot however there is alot i think could be done different and if i have an opinion i'm not afraid to say so..

sure over the years with increasing subscribers theres been more opinion and ofc more whiners aswell some ppl are never happy and ppl in general mostly express stuff they wanna change, it's kinda go to the rule dont fix what aint broken so topics about whats great dosent start as often..

however when they do i try to share my opinion in them aswell..

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I'm very happy, and couldn't be happier with the state of wow... I actually think the people who left wow lately are the crybabies and the people who none of us like anyhow (the ones that really give us Avid wow players a bad rep).

I can't wait for the game to get smaller and tighter-but that's just me.