Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Gurthalak 390 ilvl VS Season 11 397

So, as the title says, which weapon is the best? I know the tentacle proc can be game breaking in arenas but overall, which one ends up at the top?

Thanks.

*Edit* Forgot to mention, I'm ret. Playing together with a feral in 2v2 atm.
    Last edited by Dracoin; 2012-01-02 at 07:41 PM.

Would help if you say what class you are.

Quote Originally Posted by niki View Post
    Would help if you say what class you are.
    It doesn't matter what class it is, it is better than the t1 weapon for any 2h melee class in any bracket.

Deleted
    Tentacles have no hitpoints and can be targeted... guess what intelligent enemies do

Well I know the 403 one is very strong. But I dunno about the 390 one, hence my question!

Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    Tentacles have no hitpoints and can be targeted... guess what intelligent enemies do
    CAN be targeted? I can't seem to target my own, are you sure? ;o

OT: The LFR one is ticking about 16k a tick for me, in a raid. Dunno if it is effected by Resi or not, so see.

This might help your decision, skip to 3:25 if you don't want to watch it all. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ7eDFOSOoM
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2012-01-02 at 09:05 PM.

It is affected by resi. Still ticks for like 4-5k tho.

2s obiouvlsmy matr

10+ Year Old Account
    It ticks harder for unholy DKs, apparently their mastery effects it... that's how some people are seeing these 15-16k ticks from the LFR version. Normally it's around 10k, but it's reduced by resil, so in pvp it's more like 6K (or around 8 for unholy).

The proc is amazing, when it actually procs, when it doesn't it sucks... Sometimes I've gone 2 matches without a single proc, and others I get 3 procs up at once and it just melts them.

The tentacles use to only be able to attack a given target one at a time, but it seems to have been fixed, I had 4 actively dealing damage on someone yesterday.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2012-01-02 at 10:37 PM.

I know, 2s is nothing for the pro's. But that doesn't mean I won't try to equip myself as well as I can.

Yeah, when the tentacle's proc, it's amazing. However, when they don't (as you said) it's not very good. That's why I'm considering the 397 S11 wep might be better overall.

go for Gurthalak, it can win you a game easily. damage might not be that big unless you're unholy, but the slow cannot be los-ed or outranged.
    VII.

Alright, I guess I'll do that. Thanks.

Deleted
    your a ret and this gives you a snare blizzard havn't given to rets yet because it would make them to good.

-> agaisnt an enemy war/rogue use a pvp weap as the snare won't gain you much and the weapon chain you have on it might/will
    -> agaisnt any ranged tentacle

Well the thing is tho, my feral buddy snares.

Deleted
    The tentacle can be killed easily. Also, you don't want to rely on a proc for a kill. You can try it though, especially if UH DK.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenom View Post
    The tentacle can be killed easily. Also, you don't want to rely on a proc for a kill. You can try it though, especially if UH DK.
    Noone is talking about relying on the proc. Even without procs, it's still a decent weapon (although ofc the 400ish PvP weap is better) and games can still be won. So its a matter of getting a more fluctuating dmg, maybe even a little lower avg. But on the upside, when it procs, it will easily outdmg the 400ish PvP weap by quite a big margin, assuming the tentacly isnt killed.

Deleted
    the proc on gurthalak is easily winning games up to 2.2k rating. especially in comps like TSG where it's almost guaranteed to proc early and what teams are gona kill the tentacle when they are desperately trying to peel for their healer with everything they've got.

can easily change tide of battle if you are on the losing foot too. can finish off the last 10% of someone while you heal yourself, etc etc.

You've convinced me to stick with it. It also saves me conquest, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenom View Post
    It also requires the other team to take gcds/resources/combo points and waste them on a tentacle. Even if the other team is quick at killing the tentacles, it still slows the other team's pressure to kill tentacles.

The tentacle has over 15k hp so if they switch to it and kill it, that also relieves some pressure if you're on defense. If they don't kill it, that extra pressure the tentacle puts out could swing it around. It all depends if it procs, though.