Deleted

why is shadow priests survivability so poor after more than 5 years ...

5 years it`s half a decade ..there is just no excuse for it
    In vanila spriests were a nightmare, in vanila a joke, in wotlk they kinda got one or two things right but still it wasn`t as popular as tbc discpriest/rogues or the wotlk paladin trend
    On my decently geared spriest, been played by a dude with some decent experience with the spec (myself), it is just ludacris that warriors can mop the floors with us and our cc, blood dks are immortal and dishout mad damage and rogues will be rogues until Titan is live
    I just don`t understand why is it so hard to tweak the spec/class abit, even a child can do it..from the top of my head either buff the health regeneration through vampiric embrace or the power on the shields or both...must we remain the spec that kinda demolish casters and get trained by meele forever ?!

Shadow priests sure do go squish easy, on the other hand they have ridiculous healing ability for a dps class.

They need 1-2 more survivability CDs I think, possibly some kind of baseline PW:S buff, as a trade-off their heals need a nerf

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you using your disarm? I play as a blood DK and the disarm beats the crap out of me if you follow it up with some high damage while my AMS is on cd.
    "When I was 5 years old, my mother told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, I told them they didn't understand life." - John Lennon

I could ask the same "Why is hunter survivability is so poor after more than 7 years", and I am pretty sure other classes could say the same... I dont know why now its all about "Why I dont have X while Y have it"... some people gotta accept that classes have different stuff.

And yet, theres people that whine about homogenization.

Just quoting this, 'cause it struck me ; take this
    Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    I just don`t understand why is it so hard to tweak the spec/class abit, even a child can do it..from the top of my head either buff the health regeneration through vampiric embrace or the power on the shields or both
    and this
    must we remain the spec that kinda demolish casters and get trained by meele forever ?!
    Don't you think you're onto something here ? :l

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    They need 1-2 more survivability CDs I think, possibly some kind of baseline PW:S buff, as a trade-off their heals need a nerf
    When shadow priest starts healing himself - fight is won!
    But looks like hybrid lol-heals do receive even more nerfs in MoP - most healing spells will be bound to holy/disc specializations only.

must we remain the spec that kinda demolish casters and get trained by meele forever ?!
    so if I read this right, do you want to demolish melee as well?

Deleted
    tl;dr - i wanna be frost mage

Well if its so important for you to dominate melee 1v1 roll a frost mage, but beware that even frost mages dont do very well when dispells enter the game.

Anyway you cant expect blizzard to balance all 3 trees of the class, noone has 3 good pvp specs, some have 2 like DKs some have 1 like mages etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eled. View Post
    Just quoting this, 'cause it struck me ; take this

and this

Don't you think you're onto something here ? :l
    Yes we are strong vs casters and weak vs meele, but surely that formula changes when every single meele can dish out mad amount of dmg (specially now with every player having soon full cataclysmic gear) can very easily get out of cc and can silence and interupt you easily with sometimes multiple abilities.

it is not like a disarm + dots or hardcast spam will save the day or anything ..

10+ Year Old Account
    The only people posting on MMO crying about PvP are terrible at it.

Also shadow was and is the most powerfull secondary pvp spec (disc being primary) much better then moonkin or ele shaman or fire/arc mage or destro lock, and at times it was even better then the pvp caster all-stars Frost mages and affli locks...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brizo View Post
    The only people posting on MMO crying about PvP are terrible at it.
    Thank you, but i surely have more experience in pvp with multiple classes than you have with your main times 3
    Was just trying to understand the logic behind the devs decissions, or lack of decisions rather ..it is understandable why hybrids are hard to balance in arena but these days arena is no longer an excuse

---------- Post added 2012-01-02 at 10:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Victoriaautmors View Post
    Also shadow was and is the most powerfull secondary pvp spec (disc being primary) much better then moonkin or ele shaman or fire/arc mage or destro lock, and at times it was even better then the pvp caster all-stars Frost mages and affli locks...
    Undisputable, but the title was asking vs meele classes, in vanila it seemed incredibly overpowered but once meeles had some epics it wasn`t that bad and the idea behind the life drainer with a bullwark of a magic shield was awesome and fun
    Last edited by mmoc0aa45d37f2; 2012-01-02 at 10:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And?

I'm going to start treating people who come to the forums to 'vent' as trolls, because it's never anything constructive. The forums are not 'Facebook for WoW.' Not only does no one care about your 'since vanilla' gripe, there's no one here to address it if anyone actually cared about how your class has been persecuted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE