Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Getting very tired of the bots

I am not sure how it is on your serve, mine is a nearly constant full server (PVE-East) but we have more than our fair share of bots. Worse, based on guild responses and such reporting seems to be a total fail. The laughable part is that most of these bots out level the mobs sufficiently that within twelve hours or so its all gray to them. Like the troopers in the base on Odram Island, to the Taris rakghoul campers. A few of us in the guild have been keeping an eye on them but no one has received a response to a submitted report yet, worse one of our "favorite" bots is now in his 30s... and each time he is found its always the same thing. Little trooper boy is positioned to safely farm three or four groups.

So anyone else noticing the bots on their server? I would assume no one is dumb enough to try one on a PvP server.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

I've reported quite a few Warzone bots myself, none have been banned. Oh and about 20 names that go against the policy, yet still no action has been taken. I think it's safe to assume Bioware is waiting for people to sign up for recurring subs, then ban them.

Deleted
    I have not seen any obvious ones at least. And no texture hacking crap where they shoot under nodes at Mach 3 and ninja it before my very eyes. yeah that sucked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    I've reported quite a few Warzone bots myself, none have been banned. Oh and about 20 names that go against the policy, yet still no action has been taken. I think it's safe to assume Bioware is waiting for people to sign up for recurring subs, then ban them.
    That's a pretty inaccurate statement considering all the fuss that was on this forums till yesterday about Bioware banning people.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZEROWASHU View Post
    I am not sure how it is on your serve, mine is a nearly constant full server (PVE-East) but we have more than our fair share of bots. Worse, based on guild responses and such reporting seems to be a total fail. The laughable part is that most of these bots out level the mobs sufficiently that within twelve hours or so its all gray to them. Like the troopers in the base on Odram Island, to the Taris rakghoul campers. A few of us in the guild have been keeping an eye on them but no one has received a response to a submitted report yet, worse one of our "favorite" bots is now in his 30s... and each time he is found its always the same thing. Little trooper boy is positioned to safely farm three or four groups.

So anyone else noticing the bots on their server? I would assume no one is dumb enough to try one on a PvP server.
    exactly....i f you dont want bots reroll pvp server...if you see one kill it or it will be killed by other faction...bot prob solved

Are bots In warzones the morons who never fight anyone, only go for the object or don't ever defend themselves and only cast healing spells on themselves? If so, I've only seen one so far.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Are bots In warzones the morons who never fight anyone, only go for the object or don't ever defend themselves and only cast healing spells on themselves? If so, I've only seen one so far.
    That about sums it up. If they do strange things and/or repetitive actions, they are a bot.

I have yet to see any on my server. Mind you, I haven't done any Warzones (scared it will break my laptop), and I have only done part of Dromund Kaas on any given character so far. There's a whole empire out there to explore.
    For the Alliance!

Kinda off topic, but the very first Gold (well I guess Credit) spammer I saw was a lvl 1 Knight on the Rep fleet. How the hell did a lvl 1 get on the fleet 0.o

Quote Originally Posted by Styxz View Post
    Kinda off topic, but the very first Gold (well I guess Credit) spammer I saw was a lvl 1 Knight on the Rep fleet. How the hell did a lvl 1 get on the fleet 0.o
    By running to the shuttle and taking it to the fleet.

I've yet to see a single bot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea I haven't seen any either. Strange people complain about it being empty with no one in sight yet we can find bots apparently.

Deleted
    WTF ? Bots ?
    never seen one so far

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen any bots yet either. I'm wondering if they can level up to 10 and get to the space station all automated, with completing the class chain up to level 10 being required and just mob grinding not being an option.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bots are bound to happen. Like Blizzard did they seem keen to watch and detect them. They will get their dues soon enough if they are truly botting. All you can do is report them and move on. Bioware will take care of the rest. Did you hear about the people banned for exploiting boxes and such on Ilum? There is a thread about it on the official forums. Should read it, gives you a pretty good idea on how Bioware intends to handle the game and cheating as a whole.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a naming policy?

Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    Or just use your emergency fleet pass...

What's an official name policy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    You can't access the shuttle below level 8 or 9, atleast in beta.

Quote Originally Posted by ContentsMayVary View Post
    Or just use your emergency fleet pass...
    BOP and requires a authenticator.

Quote Originally Posted by Devirae View Post
    You can't access the shuttle below level 8 or 9, atleast in beta.

BOP and requires a authenticator.
    No, you get it when you actually reach the fleet, it has a 16 hour CD, security vendor one has a 30min CD.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Are bots In warzones the morons who ... only go for the object ....
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn View Post
    That about sums it up.
    LOL yeah my experience in Warzones is no one goes for objectives, they just fight in the middle. So if I see anyone going for the objective, I report them
    "Peace is a lie"