Thread: Dante's Inferno

10+ Year Old Account

Dante's Inferno

What do you guys think about this game?

I personally love this game, absolutely adore it. Brilliant game.
    One of my favorite games of all time.

The combat is fun as hell. The game is pretty challenging. The puzzles made me think. The story was interesting and kept me guessing what was going to happen next. The games art-style is absolutely gorgeous.

I just played through the story and never went back for more of it. With that said, I enjoyed every minute of it! A cool game

I got the original 1000 Gamerscore (For Xbox Obviously) for it, but never really bothered to download and play the DLC. It was a pretty good game but I haven't really had any urge to re-play it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    This is good, be a man about it.
    Have a cigar in your mouth and a shot of brandy in your hand and tell her to get out of the guild and get into a kitchen.
    Mists of Pandaria Beta Club ~World of Warcraft Annual Pass.

Deleted
    I played through the story aswell. Felt long and well made. One of the better games i have played for sure. I can definetly recommend it

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Too dark. I couldn't see a damn thing! Oh, and it strayed too much away from the book. Lack of humor aswell.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderNerò87 View Post
    I just played through the story and never went back for more of it. With that said, I enjoyed every minute of it! A cool game
    Same here =)
    Absolutely loved it, but after the story, I didn't play it anymore (just like any other game for me, I'm not a completionist)

Deleted
    If you like Dante's Inferno... You should definitely try playing Darksiders. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

If you've already played it, then you know what I mean. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Finnuck View Post
    If you like Dante's Inferno... You should definitely try playing Darksiders. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

If you've already played it, then you know what I mean. :P

Darksiders was an awesome game too, but I definitely think Dante's Inferno beats it in being Hardcore and difficult. Gameplay wise though it's hard to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    This is good, be a man about it.
    Have a cigar in your mouth and a shot of brandy in your hand and tell her to get out of the guild and get into a kitchen.
    Mists of Pandaria Beta Club ~World of Warcraft Annual Pass.

as God of War clones go its pretty good. My biggest problem with it is that it doesn't really have the polish that GOW3 had. The end seems really rushed with all the trials and the 9th circle which should have been pretty epic but ended up being really lackluster and boring. The love story is really shoved into there and the actions Dante takes takes to resolve that conflict do not even seem as if their his own. The little twist at the end really doesn't even make any sense Hell the whole game really doesn't make any sense. I didn't even know they had made any DLC for it, I couldn't even really justify a second play through. The cross is by far the most broken weapon in that whole game and if your like me and dumped all your upgrades into the holy tree makes it even more so. By the time your done with that tree no enemy's even get close to touching you and even if they did you have a magic attack that renders you invulnerable and then if you equip some item all your attacks generate more rage and their is a proc that when you use your "rage of the titans" knock off move it refills your entire mana bar so a hard fight would go something like this

1) use a magic attack to make you invincible
    2) while invincible use your basic attacks to gain rage
    3) when your rage of the titans is rdy pop it (this makes you invincible and increases your attack power as well as restores your whole mana bar)
    4) repeat steps 1-4 as needed

Overall I would say its worth a play through but its a renter to be sure, or if you can find it in a bargain bin for like $15.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Too dark. I couldn't see a damn thing! Oh, and it strayed too much away from the book. Lack of humor aswell.
    Not really supposed to be a funny game.
    You're in hell...not a funny place, lol.

Good game, but too short.

i actually like it very much

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StenchSlash View Post
    Well, the game is based on Inferno, which was part of Dante's The Divine Comedy. While not exactly a comedy in the modern sense, it was written in what was considered to be (at the time) a more light-hearted tone with some slight comedic and happy elements. The video game is considerably darker in tone than the original poem. I think that make for a better game. I loved the video game, but like many others here I thought it was good for a playthrough, and that was about it.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by StenchSlash View Post
    You might want to check up on what the game is based on.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon4275 View Post
    Darksiders was an awesome game too, but I definitely think Dante's Inferno beats it in being Hardcore and difficult. Gameplay wise though it's hard to say.
    Darksiders is more of a combination of God of War and Zelda. It's not particularly difficult, even on apocalyptic. The game also has a reverse difficulty curve. The game is the hardest when you have only a couple health bars, and little resources concerning consumables and cooldowns.

The further you get into the game, the more options you have in combat, which, along with the scaling of health and damage, makes you grossly overpowered. Once you get the stoneskin wrath power it's gg. On apocalyptic, the final boss only got me to about 60% health before I killed him. That's 60%, with 8 full heal/revive items that also restore wrath and chaos. In other words, it was so easy it felt like stomping on an insect.

Can't really comment on Dante's Inferno, since I haven't played the game. From what I've heard though, it's a God of War clone, and God of War is extremely challenging on the highest difficulty.

They're really two very different kinds of games though. Darksiders is more of an open world dungeon crawling game with God of War type combat. It's got just as many puzzles as a typical Zelda game.