Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    not a whole lot, some places you'll be treated differently especially in the Empire where they look down on aliens. the only possible relationship that is off limits for aliens seems to be Watcher 2 if you are an agent. she doesn't like aliens much.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... TOR is totally racist.

Well... the Sith Empire is anyway. My Zabrack Sorcerer is always getting razzed for being an alien.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will not affect the story drastically...it will affect conversations slightly in regards to your class/race combination however. This won't be anything jarring though.

Ex. If you are playing a Bounty Hunter and you happen to be a Human/Cyborg people don't tend to react to you that much except to comment on how professional you seem. However if you play...let's say a Chiss Bounty Hunter you'll be looked down upon by some of the Imperials who will hire you. As my friend put it, he once had a quest where he was commonly referred to as "it". This same quest as a Cyborg was simply modified to comment on asking who did my Cybernetics.

Occasionally, even your own dialogue choices can be altered slightly. My Chiss Imperial Agent was asked to plant a bug in the Chiss embassy and I was able to get very offended since they were my people. Took the dialogue down a new road I didn't see with my Cyborg BH.

Minor differences only. Some people will freact differently but I doubt a quest will ever change due to race unless you roleplay (or are even just offended for your alien character being insulted) and choose a different thing to say and rarely do.
    Biowares Go-to Plan:
    - Offer something for free
    - Change mind and charge for it
    - ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOUR WORK HAS BUGS
    - Never fix bugs and give crappy CS.

The reason everyone is telling you to roll a chiss IA is because they are just awesome.

Anyone who is a fan of the Thrawn books had to roll a chiss IA!

Infracted. Stop trolling about the lack of variety in races. We get it, they didn't add the races that speak in clicks and guttural sounds like they could have.
    Hilarious. So a mod posts an edit/comment as much or more "trolling" than the original post. Enjoy playing hall-monitor, big-boy. At least George Lucas doesn't have my $60+.

Infracted. Don't troll. And maybe quit while you're ahead. -3clipse
    Last edited by 3clipse; 2012-01-03 at 11:05 PM.

TDLR: Race is changes the game about as much as your character's sex.

I was impressed it affected conversations at all. One of my largest complaints is the homogenized races, but the fact that my character is an alien does indeed affect dialogue options. No sidequests for aliens or anything like that, but it was a reassuring step in the right direction to see that.
    Norn Mesmer: GW2
    Rattataki Sniper: SWTOR

It effects bare minimum of the dialogue let alone 0 aspects of the story.

Most all of the dialog is written assuming you're human. There is occasionally an option to say something along the lines of 'I'm a twiliek too!' It is far more frequent, though, to get xenophobic dialog options ('Alien Scum') despite the fact that you yourself are an ''alien'

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Knight Reyson View Post
    That has more to do with the class choice than the race choice. High ranking people(or their children) who are force sensative, are trained to become sith warriors. The low rank people,(slaves, normal citizens) are trained as sith inquisitors. The sith warriors are treated better because of their rank, but the inquisitors that are strong enough to survive the harsh training they get equal treatment afterwards.
    This is kind of incorrect. The inquisitor that we play as was a slave so gets called all kinds of crap because of it during their training but when they become full sith most of that goes away. However not all inquisitors in star wars lore were slaves or not of high ranking. Sith training probably isn't sorted between lightsaber users and force wielders from a pure lore point of view, only from the individual stories we are playing.

There are definitely some unique dialogue options, not a whole lot though. For the Chiss it happens often on Hoth, where you can acknowledge the other Chiss. At the end of Hoth the Chiss leader comments on how proud you've made the Ascendancy.

My Human Imperial Agent gets waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more booty than my Chiss Imperial Agent.