Professions and Auction House play = the best

Bored, in the mood to be nice, seeing people post "Gold guides" and lulzing at them. You can make gold far easier than any of those guides will tell you, and I'm in the mood to be nice and say how I do it =) I average about 2000g + profit a day, easily more than the average person, and this involves never leaving town. You can make more if you mine/herb yourself...but that's silly.

Reqs - Good starting gold : Max JC/Max Enchanter/Transmute Spec Alch. (Max Herb/Miner will help, but no real reason for it)

Step 1 : Buy any greens level 82+ that are cheaper than 25 gold. Anything more than this and you're risking losing a ton of money.
    Step 2 : Buy (Or farm if you're one of THOSE people) a TON of Elementium Ore. (Or the green quality gems to craft rings/necks if you know which those are. ONLY IF THEY ARE REDICULOUSLY CHEAP)
    Step 3 : Send all those greens to your enchanter, and all the Ore to your JC
    Step 4 : Log on to your JC and prospect all the ore, after you're done doing that, send all the rare quality gems off (cut them or not, up to you) to your banker, and send the GREEN quality red gems to your Alchemist, we'll get to that later. While you're on your JC craft all the rings/necks you can using the green quality gems, some aren't able to be used, when that's done send all the necks/rings to your enchanter and the rest of the gems to your banker.
    Step 5 : Swap onto your transmute spec Alch and buy yourself some Heartblossom. Begin transmuting Inferno rubies, you'll ALWAYS make huge profit off this part alone. Once done, send all the inferno rubies to your banker (Or your JC if you want to cut them before selling, usually a better choice)
    Step 6 : Log onto your enchanter and disenchant -everything- you got, this is the most mind numbingly boring part. Send all the materials to your banker.

Now when you log back to your banker you're filled up on Inferno Rubies (cut or not, your choice based on your server), tons of Celestial Essences, Dust, some shards, and misc nonsence rare quality gems.

-ALWAYS WAIT UNTIL TUESDAY TO SELL, YOU'LL ALWAYS MAKE THE MOST MONEY ON A TUESDAY-
    Last edited by Boathouse; 2012-01-03 at 09:55 PM.
    Bleh

You my good friend just described the Elementium Shuffle, a little something that that's been profitable for a very long time now. As for buying gold guides, ahh why ? you can get all the info for free out there on many of the FREE and i put the accent of FREE gold making blogs.

http://vilesauctions.blogspot.com/
    http://nerffaids.blogspot.com/
    http://kujasgoldmine.blogspot.com/
    http://altosgoldishadvise.blogspot.com/

those are just a few and if you want to check out some more just take a look through their blogrolls for more blogs

Quote Originally Posted by Muriko View Post
    -ALWAYS WAIT UNTIL TUESDAY TO SELL, YOU'LL ALWAYS MAKE THE MOST MONEY ON A TUESDAY-
    or wednesday for EU people

You should also be making way more than 2k profit a day. I wouldnt bother with the shuffle If I only made 2k a day. It's a extremely tedius process.
    Im on a pretty decent server, every wednesday I makes sales for anywhere between 75k-115k, with about 80ish % of it as pure profit.

Few tips..

1. Get as many jc cuts as possible. You wanna diversify cuts as much as possible imo, and try to have every cut up on ah.(Aslong as its profitable including deposits. ie, dont bother going into a undercutting war with a green gem going for 12g.)
    2. Dont be afraid to buy alot of ore. I see alot of people just buying 50 out of the 300 on ah, because they're scared they'll lose money. Don't do this, if you think you can profit on 50 stacks, buy the remaining 250 stacks aswell. Limits supply for your competitors(Somewhat anyway).
    3. Have data on your cuts/enchants. If you see you've sold 350 of a orange gem the last month for avg price of 79g, and theres 5 on ah for 21g, buy them out. It takes abit more work than just blindly posting with TSM, but its worth it.
    4. Use Amberjewels for crafting blue pvp necks to disenchant. This can also be done with Ocean sapphire's, but less profitable with Volatile Air prices.

Deleted
    Tip number 4 above is an excellent one that many people doing the ore shuffle miss - make sure you've picked up the new(ish) vicious neck/ring - trainable from the regular JC trainer - and then you can use all unwanted amberjewels and ocean sapphires. These PvP items actually sell at 500g+ on my server still, despite the gems only being worth 10g each! A few friends I've spoken to didn't even realise the new recipes were trainable, doh!

I like that you use "profit" instead of "make" ^_^

anyways, I'll add two tips that are kinda well known....

1. Buy thorium bars/enchanted thorium bars/rugged leather
    2. Make enchanted thorium blades
    3. DE
    4. Win

IF you look at the bottom of TUJ's JC section it has a table to values for the value of one ore if it was made into a bar/prospected/left as ore. Cata mats are not the only thing that sell well.... <_<
    Last edited by usiris; 2012-01-05 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vileplague View Post
    You my good friend just described the Elementium Shuffle, a little something that that's been profitable for a very long time now.
    Heck, even think of going back to Wrath with the Saronite shuffle. They only made less variables with it all and made it easier for Cata. Probably one of the most mind-numbing but profitable practices right now
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I prefer the Faction Shuffle. I buy elementium ore by the hundereds of stacks on horde side for 60g a stack. Go to Booty Bay. Post said ore on the Neutral AH. Purchase hundereds of ore on my Alliance guy. Send to bank alt. Post hundereds of stacks of ore for 120+ a stack. Sell out to those people who want to do the elementium shuffle and make profit for 30 minutes of 'work'.

I used to elementium shuffle but meh, make a ton of gold in a fraction of the time. I only shuffle now when I'm getting low on gems or enchants then prospect a few stacks of ore only. I could definately make a ton more gold by prospecting ore that is 60g a stack but I just don't bother with it now. I'm at over 200k and I think that is plenty to get my going into MoP.

Deleted
    Big tip:

Panda (Addon) makes disenchanting much less painful.

There's also a macro you can make along the lines of:

/cast Disenchant
    /use [Item name {Suffix}]
    /use [Item name {Suffix2}]

etc.

You need to make quite a lot of these macros if you take this route, I prefer Panda.

Quote Originally Posted by Baneat View Post
    Big tip:

Panda (Addon) makes disenchanting much less painful.

There's also a macro you can make along the lines of:

/cast Disenchant
    /use [Item name {Suffix}]
    /use [Item name {Suffix2}]

etc.

You need to make quite a lot of these macros if you take this route, I prefer Panda.
    1 macro is all you need to DE all of the rings/necks you get from JC.

/cast Disenchant
    /use item:52306
    /use item:52307
    /use item:52308

etc etc, item numbers can be found on wowhead or similar site. 52306 for example is Jasper Ring no matter what suffix it gets.
    Personally I added
    /use Lesser Celestial Essence
    /use Small Heavenly Shard
    in the beginning of the macro to automatically turn the lessers into Greaters and the Smalls to normals.

And to the OP, if you're only making 2k gold every day from this you're doing something wrong.
    Last edited by Caelia; 2012-01-05 at 07:44 PM.

Well tbh none of those tips are perfect.
    Step 1 depends heavily about your servers prices, some weeks ago it was a profit to buy green weapons for 100g+ because the essence price was insanely high
    I won't comment on 2-5 but i still think this isn't the optimum.
    Step 6 should just be disenchant
    Step 7 search for enchants that have the most profit (165%+) enchant scrolls, send to your banker and sell these. Usually good enchants: bracer enchants, strength/agility/intellect; weapon enchants landslide, power torrent, enchant boots lavawalker, gloves mastery (don't remember the name the 65 one).

And calculate if it is a gain to just create meta gems with your green gems instead of green JC stuff.

Best tip for enchanters: High guild level because of bountiful bags

Only 2k profit a day? That really isn't much.

Deleted
    My little tip: Play on a Role-Playing server and sell everything that is wearable for triple the normal price; minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Tip number 4 above is an excellent one that many people doing the ore shuffle miss - make sure you've picked up the new(ish) vicious neck/ring - trainable from the regular JC trainer - and then you can use all unwanted amberjewels and ocean sapphires. These PvP items actually sell at 500g+ on my server still, despite the gems only being worth 10g each! A few friends I've spoken to didn't even realise the new recipes were trainable, doh!
    Ive tried this but unfortunately Ive sold a total of one ring despite posting these things up to twice a day for quite a while already.

Quote Originally Posted by Profish13 View Post
    Ive tried this but unfortunately Ive sold a total of one ring despite posting these things up to twice a day for quite a while already.
    Just DE'it man, I value my amberjewel at vendor value, and with volatile water being priced at 1g on my server, means im creating heavenly shards for 15g ish..
    And on my server they usually go for 85-115g.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandy View Post
    Just DE'it man, I value my amberjewel at vendor value, and with volatile water being priced at 1g on my server, means im creating heavenly shards for 15g ish..
    And on my server they usually go for 85-115g.
    On my server the waters are around 14g each with shards being 90g, so theres just no profit there. At this point Im probably just going to DE whatever rings I already made to cut my losses, but this market is dead for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Tip number 4 is not good since you can now break cristals into shards but yours is excellent, easy way to get rid of blue quality blue and yellow gems....

Quote Originally Posted by pouca View Post
    Tip number 4 is not good since you can now break cristals into shards but yours is excellent, easy way to get rid of blue quality blue and yellow gems....
    How does that affect it at all? If you can make a shard for 15g, so what if you can break a crystal into 2 shards? And you can't move the needed amount of sapphires/Amberjewels by selling pvp gear, atleast if you shuffle a decent amount each week.