Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What do you think of LFR extending into Normal and Heroics mode?

Since LFR is so successful, what do you guys think about it extending into Normal and Heroics mode?

i think you want to start a war lol

10+ Year Old Account
    What Saved said, lol. I'm a fan of LFR, but I say leave normal modes and heroic modes for coordinated guild efforts. Creating a LFR system for those would diminish any reason to be part of a guild.

no...I mean it seriously.

I am a casual raider. I don't have time for organized raid. Since LFR, I finally get to see end game content early in the game.

However, LFR is too easy. I wish I can do normal or heroics mode, but finding a guild and setting particular time aside is difficult for me due to my work. If LFR includes normal and heroics mode, my problem is solved. I queue up anytime I like. I don't mind getting constant wipe, but at least I am given a chance to raid.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think you're a troll. If you aren't then absolutely not!!!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

Bashiok

Well ... i will try to give you a clear answer, far as well.

As far i see, i agree that the LFR is a "good" tool, and i see it working on Normal difficult as well, but i dont see it working on Heroics, so yes, i do believe that if Blizz make it work on normal and heroic difficult, it would work as intend, BUT ... i really doubt Blizz will do that, theres no point, the system is working pretty well rite now as it is, i mean, LFR is doing its jobs giving ppl that dont have a fixed group, or just want to have some fun without been a raider, and thats nothing to do with Normal & Heroics modes.

So .. my opinion is, let it the way it is, even tho it would work, i dont think thats a good idea to extend the LFR to Normal and Heroic modes.

I think it would be amazing, just in terms of sitting back and watching the forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad bad idea. Bliz has done enough damage to raiding as it is.

LFR would never work in normal or heroic. Half the time LFR doesn't even work in LFR.

LFR may be too easy but when you're throwing together groups of random people who may or may not know the fights, may or may not be afk, may or may not know how to play their class etc., chances are things won't go too well.

Normals and Heroics are much better for guilds and/or friends since you know who will be there, what their skill level is, and more often than not there is a vent server or equivalent for better communication.
    Don't look at me with that tone of voice

You'd think that after maxing fishing I might be able to hit the fishing node within the first 20 casts. ._.

10+ Year Old Account
    A system closer to the one already implemented (the raid finder), but actually used and cross-server, would be great for normal modes. People like to poop on pugs, but I've had great success. Back in ToC and ToGC, I exclusively raided through pugs... and I pugged my alts through firelands every week until my guild started alt runs. A good run only takes like 70% okay players, vent, and a little handholding.
    A LFR system spread to normals wouldn't work, imo, though.
    To quote the great sage Ook Ook, "you can take the derk out of the jib, but you shouldn't put the jib in the derk."

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    LFR would never work in normal or heroic. Half the time LFR doesn't even work in LFR.
    Even if it only works 10% of the time. It still gives people the chance to raid on Normal and Heroics mode. I believe there are many casual people like me who has a job and can't afford sitting in front of the computer whole day trying to get a group. Not to mention that people from low population server will benefit from it.

How about they make some content other than fucking raids for a change.

No.

LFR is there for everyone to see the content. Normal and HC are there for serious guilds who want a challenge.

I think no.

There's a reason LFR is so easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    It actually works extremely well. The ease of it contributes to most of the other factors experienced (folks not trying because they think they can get away with it, loot problems, etc). It would also work equally well for more difficult versions, there'd just be a lower success rate, and a higher turnover of players per fight.

But yeah.. it really would be the nail in the coffin for guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    It actually works extremely well. The ease of it contributes to most of the other factors experienced (folks not trying because they think they can get away with it, loot problems, etc). It would also work equally well for more difficult versions, there'd just be a lower success rate, and a higher turnover of players per fight.

But yeah.. it really would be the nail in the coffin for guilds.
    Many guilds in WOW never make it through final Heroics Bosses. Those that made it are the very core players.

Many guilds, especially those in low population servers, lack 1-2 raiders to make a proper raid group, with LFR, they can just PUG that 1-2 players and do hard mode.

All I can see is LFR will benefit the majority of the players. Even hard core players will benefit from it.

Quote Originally Posted by watermen View Post
    Since LFR is so successful, what do you guys think about it extending into Normal and Heroics mode?
    You actually think LFR-type players will be able to do heroic modes? I hope to god you're trolling.

I'm all for a system put into place where people can manually put groups together cross-server, but any automated system is destined for failure. Anything automatic needs to be easy enough for your average pug to complete, and the average person very much expects this to be so.

There are time where LFR-players are even better than guild organized raid. I believe many of your guys have probably some so-called good groups. I like said before, LFR Heroics may experience a lot more wipes, however, it does give people a chance to raid heroics. For those who don't enjoy wipings with PUGs, they no need to join LFR, they can do organize raids.