Page 47 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    nobody from school ever saw them fight before so it's safe to assume that he lost his life because he punched the kid once
    No, it's a ridiculous assumption. That punch is just what started this, it's more likely that he continued attacking after throwing the first punch. If he didn't, then I find it unlikely that his death would have been ruled lawful.

Quote Originally Posted by gneugen View Post
    Except they didn't "both get off to fight." One was getting off the bus early to avoid the bully and the bully followed him. The kid tried to run after being attacked from the back, couldn't escape so he turned around and stabbed the guy.
    the statement from the witnesses said that the whole bus knew about the fight, it's at least 10 more kids got off to watch the fight

they specifically said that the bully didn't even want to fight but the other kids escalated it and put them both in positions where they looked like sissies or fought and you know how you only have your rep in HS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by swills View Post
    I'm amazed there is a single person in here on the side of the bully myself.
    You people should stop with accusing us who are grossed out by the people in this thread, who are cheering the bully's death and "being proud" of the murderer, to be "siding with the bully".

By the looks of those top rated comments, not very controversial indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof_Sarcastic View Post
    Like this: "meet force with force, including deadly force"?

It says right there, if you're attacked, you can kill them.
    I don't understand why is it bad to kill someone if they attack you?
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Quote Originally Posted by MarriageAuch View Post
    ANd those very same laws:

I would easily argue that provocation AND imperfect self defence with voluntary manslaughter should apply to him. It's essentially a case of twisting the old saying, he brought a knife to a fist fight.
    well Floridas stand your ground law supercedes what you posted like i said that law is the law and i live in florida and i have a concealed weapons permit and i carry my gun everywere god i love the constitution
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

nobody from school ever saw them fight before so it's safe to assume that he lost his life because he punched the kid once
    pretty much. but i guess thats what florida wanted i suppose *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    The bullying is really irrelevant except to provide context. The only pertinent facts here are that a bully attacked a person who sought to avoid conflict, and was killed as a result (apparently in self-defense according to a court of law). Would there have been so much controversy if someone shot an intruder who attacked them in their home?
    depends on the circumstances. if the burgler was shot and lying on the ground bleeding and then shot execution style, there'd probably be some commotion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    The evidence for leprechauns is immense - do you know how many socks dissappear on the world scale... This means that the chance of leprechauns exists is the same as them not existing - therefore you cannot deny their existence

No, it's a ridiculous assumption. That punch is just what started this, it's more likely that he continued attacking after throwing the first punch. If he didn't, then I find it unlikely that his death would have been ruled lawful.
    there were over 10 witnesses who got off specifically to see the fight. they reported that he hit him as he turned to run, he chased him, then the guy turned around and started stabbing while they were both still standing and that was the whole fight

there are no witnesses who said anything about it, the bully's friends did NOT chase him too and he stabbed him and ran

Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    "assaulted", no

Punching someone in the back of the head is escalation; but responding by stabbing them 12 times is much further escalation, and means the one with the knife is probably insane
    Assault is generally accepted as the threat or attempt to strike another person. You can call it escalation but that doesn't change the fact that it was assault.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MarriageAuch View Post
    To be honest the behaviour sounds exactly like a typical bully.
    I was bullied as a kid by quite a few kids, who I called gangs. heh. Either way - they never went to the extents this kid did.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    12 blows is still 12 blows. If anything it shows that he was serious about doing it...
    Or he was scared as shit, being out numbered and after who knows how many years of being bullied by this ass-clown, the kid just let loose. I applaud the kid and the judge. Most kids would just take the bullying then end up hanging themselves or cutting their wrists. This kid has set an example, the judge said its legal, i hope bullies and schools see this as a motivator to curb bullying.

Deleted
    The poster you quoted was talking about fighting it in their experience. I am talking about the actual case. Do you have any proof that he stabbed "in a blinding rage", as opposed to attempting to fight off a bully? Again, you clearly have no understanding of what murder (or manslaughter) actually means. The difference between manslaughter and murder is not a matter of degree of force used. You cannot determine an intention to kill solely from the number of stabbings.

If an escaped murder appeared in your home and tried to attack you, you are entitled to stab him as many times as necessary until he stops trying to kill you. It doens't matter if it is 1 times, 10 times or 100 times. It doesn't even become remotely close to murder until he stopped posing an active threat, and you continue to attack.
    I quoted the other person when he was clearly talking about the child in a blinding rage, so i used it as an example to justify despite the fact the kid was in a blinding rage stabbing someone 12 times is murder. Theres a difference between in a home as opposed to on a street though isn't there in America? I'm English so... And in England, Stabbing someone 12 times, is murder and in this situation i personally believe it is murder. But Manslaughter can be murdering someone with out the intention for murdering them and murdering them in a way that isn't deadly enough to be considered murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmen View Post
    You people should stop with accusing us who are grossed out by the people in this thread, who are cheering the bully's death and "being proud" of the murderer, to be "siding with the bully".
    That's exactly what you are doing. Bully is not a person. They don't deserve any human emotion.

ITT: People justifying murder

I think it's time for me to move to Canada or something
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

This should be a lesson to all bullies out there, push someone too far and this could happen to you. I cannot say I feel sorry for the bully here, he had it coming.
    There is this thing called being so open-minded your brains fall out.

-Richard Dawkins

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    well Floridas stand your ground law supercedes what you posted like i said that law is the law and i live in florida and i have a concealed weapons permit and i carry my gun everywere god i love the constitution
    so does my stepbrother. he carries it everywhere. i taught the kid to fight and he CAN fight, could whip the average person's ass, but he is fucking scared of his own shadow so he carries a gun that is kind of like the spine he wasn't born with.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I was bullied as a kid by quite a few kids, who I called gangs. heh. Either way - they never went to the extents this kid did.
    Maybe if you did - there would be less suicides caused by rampant bullies today.

so do you believe the average person is just itching to fight?
    And you believe that all bullys minds works just like yours? And all victims react the same?

Wtf happened then that some of those commited suicide???? Guess they deserved to die for not being up to human (more like yours) standards???

What you have to say about those bullies that made their victims suicide? Or even worse, like a case in Brazil where the guy came back later after freaking out so much and killed a lot of kids in his school with guns? It's said that not only he went nuts by himself after so many years of bullying but also with "internet friends" encouraging him to do some "swift retribution". They sound more like internet bullys that enjoy seing the circus on fire too from away.

It's just "shit happens" instead of "those guys are nuts and should be in jail for making ppl suicide"?

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    I don't understand why is it bad to kill someone if they attack you?
    because an attack can range from an actual intent to kill to just a punch in the face. if you think its ok to kill someone for punching you in the face then you trippin
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    The evidence for leprechauns is immense - do you know how many socks dissappear on the world scale... This means that the chance of leprechauns exists is the same as them not existing - therefore you cannot deny their existence

Quote Originally Posted by Critterbot View Post
    This should be a lesson to all bullies out there, push someone too far and this could happen to you. I cannot say I feel sorry for the bully here, he had it coming.
    hit someone with a spitwad and call them names and they'll murder you. gonna teach my kids that when they get home from school and make them all shanks