Page 55 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Listen...if you're a 120lb scrawny kid being picked on and potentially beaten up by 200lb douchebags what would you do? You can't punch them because they're too large and the chance that you inflict anything upon them is miniscule. While I think that murder is wrong, if the kid is fighting for his life to avoid turmoil, the so be it. The bully got what was coming to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraddark View Post
    It is murder if you take it too far...its called necessary force. Murdering the guy was not necessary force. It was far beyond that.

Wipping out the knife would have been enough to make the bully retreat. He probably didn't have to use it once let alone 12 times.

The first stab was self defense. The other 11 was murder.
    I don't agree. If this kid was picking on him, beating him up, etc for years, the kid snapped. 12 is probably excessive, but I can't even imagine what that kid was feeling at the time.

I think what people are obsessed with was that he stabbed him 12 times

If he stabbed him once and the kid die would there be this much backlash

Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    To which we can still ask, are you justified in killing a man, just because he stole your car? I think not
    You're still trying to hide from the reality on this huh? He didn't still the kids car. He didn't throw food at the kid in the cafeteria. He hit the kid and then chased after him to hit him some more. Are you unable to understand that?

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    Just to put a few things into context, read carefully:

- This wasn't a situation where a fair fight was likely to happen, the bully had multiple friends (up to 10 people?) with him. 1 v 11 seems like a beat down that could end in a hospital visit or a morgue.

- The knife in question is of unknown length. The average 16 year old probably owns a 2-3" folding pocket knife. A 2-3" folding pocket knife isn't considered a deadly weapon in most places around the world. It's not like the kid was carrying a 12" kitchen knife.

- The bully was stabbed 12 times in the abdomen, but only 2 wounds were fatal. That translates to a 16% mortality rate amongst the wounds inflicted to the bully by the kids pocket knife.

- The entire conflict was over in less than a minute.

- The locations of the bully's wounds and choice of weapon suggest that the other kid was not intending to kill the bully. It was readily apparent that stabbing him 12 times was not the cause of his death, but the RNG of the blade hitting 2 vital spots out of 12 was what killed him. If he had wanted to kill him, even out of anger or revenge, there are other much more deadly spots to stab someone that don't require stabbing them 12 times (neck, eye, behind the ear, ect).

If I were in the kid's shoes, being confronted after intentionally avoiding the confrontation, being vastly outnumbered, I would have done the same exact thing, except I would have stabbed more than one of the kids and aimed for vital spots on purpose.

-
    A random number generator does not determine intent to kill

And this isn't CSI; stabbing someone 10+ times is murder
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

You defend yourself with a bat when you're that age, you can take a swing and a kids head and give him a concussion or something, but don't bring a fucking knife to a fist fight.
    THE KID IS FUCKING DEAD.
    Unf - Night Watch - Pagle

Consider the ocean waves, and how the moon's force guides them this way and that across the earth's surface. Human life is an insane coincidence. We are an instance of the universe becoming conscious of itself, yes, old news but always worth review.

Quote Originally Posted by Donax View Post
    I think what people are obsessed with was that he stabbed him 12 times

If he stabbed him once and the kid die would there be this much backlash
    then there'd be the question of why the fuck did the kid bring a knife in the first place
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    The evidence for leprechauns is immense - do you know how many socks dissappear on the world scale... This means that the chance of leprechauns exists is the same as them not existing - therefore you cannot deny their existence

Quite a few bullied, bitter nerds on this site. While I don't think the kid should charged for murder I do think he should have been charged with at least manslaughter or assault with a deadly weapon.

I believe the judge acted in accordance with the law, and I agree with the verdict made.

If he's really bullying some much smaller, younger kid non-stop, he should probably be suspended

If it get's violent, he should be removed from the school system

Under no circumstances should a 16 year old boy be murdered via multiple knife wounds, for schoolyard bullying
    Well, as soon as we have a system that ACTUALLY punished bullies - I will say, yes, murdering them is bad. Right now we don't, and I say - yes, go ahead and defend yourself in whatever way you see fit. Maybe then some people will actually start paying attention to this huge issue.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

A random number generator does not determine intent to kill

And this isn't CSI; stabbing someone 10+ times is murder
    You keep saying that even though it is manifestly not true. Murder have nothing to do with how many times a person is stabbed.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    And i dont know about you, pulling a knife on a guy and stabbing him is nowhere near instinctive for me.
    Just shows to tell that you honestly have no clue about what situation like this causes in a persons mind and what it feels like. And talking about something you have no knowledge about automatically invalidates your oppinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Providence View Post
    no, the kid killed another kid. thats what happened here.
    Where do I purchase tickets to The Land of Black and White?

Quote Originally Posted by huey View Post
    You're still trying to hide from the reality on this huh? He didn't still the kids car. He didn't throw food at the kid in the cafeteria. He hit the kid and then chased after him to hit him some more. Are you unable to understand that?
    o boo hooo. he got hit. what a travesty.
    The evidence for leprechauns is immense - do you know how many socks dissappear on the world scale... This means that the chance of leprechauns exists is the same as them not existing - therefore you cannot deny their existence

Quote Originally Posted by Providence View Post
    then there'd be the question of why the fuck did the kid bring a knife in the first place
    I always have a pocket knife on me

I think it was ok that the kid tried defending himself, but I also think he may have gone too far, but that is my opinion.

"Saavedra attempted to get away once, witnesses said. He then stabbed Dylan Nuno 12 times in the chest and abdomen. Two of the blows caused fatal wounds, including one that nicked his heart."

It seems like there is a part missing here. Did something happen when he tried to get away from him the first time?

"“My reaction is there is no winner at all in this case,” Day said. “My client’s family feels terribly for the Nuno family.”

It seems like this could have been avoided if there was more attention to the youth. Something like this could seem more common in the United States, seeing the trend of peoples' behavior when under threat.

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    You keep repeating the "12 times" like some holy mantra. Sure, it sounds like a lot, but in the heat of a fight, that's a span of 3 seconds. There's nothing excessive about 12 stabs. 30 - maybe, but 12 is pretty natural, considering that the other guy wasn't armed.
    So now the murderer has the arm strength to make a stabbing motion 12 times, in the span of 3 seconds; but throwing a punch would be insufficient?

Pure conjecture
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

At that age, I went through one experience of being bullied, either know I was friends with everyone. My best friend... got carried away, every day he would go around telling kids I molessed kids in the woods, I talked the priciple, my parents, my other friends. I stood up for myself, fuck words I used force. he use words, I used fists, I bludgered the back of his skull with my knuckles, dominating my middle finger, making him unconsious for minutes still not working properlly today. he refused to fight back. As an ending, HE was suspended for 2 weeks. I got away with it. Now at this age, I guess it depends on the way you're raised. I say blame his parents, no one else to blame. Where or the way you originate is the conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by gneugen View Post
    Where do I purchase tickets to The Land of Black and White?
    next to the tickets to The Land of Unreasonable Punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraddark View Post
    It is murder if you take it too far...its called necessary force. Murdering the guy was not necessary force. It was far beyond that.

Wipping out the knife would have been enough to make the bully retreat. He probably didn't have to use it once let alone 12 times.

The first stab was self defense. The other 11 was murder.
    Even then, if its not murder it counts as Manslaughter...

Thing is, he stabbed him 12 times to make sure that he doesn't bother him again, what if he stabbed him once and the kid goes in a rage grabs his knife and kills him.
    On the other hand, if you hate a person sooo much, you really wanna make him suffer befire he dies thus the 12 stabbed wounds. He might've all planned it in his head, both options are viable, we'll never know what was going on in his head.