Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Most epic rage over nothing

My question for you all today is a simple one. What is the most amazingly epic rage over something trivial or pointless that you've ever seen in your time?

Mine came came just tonight while in LFR, on Morchok the priest robes (Robe of glowing stone) dropped, a good chest piece but still only LFR gear, I won the roll over another priest specced to heal with myself as shadow. What followed was a pissy little tantrum over the loss before they left, nobody else took issue and a few folk came to my defense over it, we finished up and thought no more of it. Then, a half hour or so later the same priest starts to whisper me with a torrent of rage, abuse and childish threats to my life and person with the promise of further "torture" to come from a battery or supposed friends. Naturally the priest logs and I begin to get one and two line CAPS 'R COOL death threats from a number of alts who never stay to see the result of there work.

Now to be fair I did start being a tool and trolling after the threats started. But now I pose the question to you? anybody else have similar incidents of lolwat rage?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had someone threaten to come to my house and kill me after I beat them out on a roll for the epic Brewfest Kodo once.

Yeah.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Helped a lower-level guildie get the Gurubashi arena chest. Ten minutes later I start getting capslock'ed rage-whispers from a level 7 alt of the belf shadow priest about how it 'wasn't fair we went two-on-one and I should have minded my own fucking business.' I pointed out that my guildie was only 80 and she was in no position to be preaching at anyone about a fair fight, and maybe next time she should bring friends too if she's worried she can't handle someone her own size. Three or four lengthy capslock'ed obscenity and threat-filled whispers later, I put her on ignore and went on with my day, and my guildie and I had a pretty good laugh about it.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Deleted
    I needed a Green by mistake once, whilst they were rolling, I was typing 'Sorry, needed by mistake - /roll' and as I hit enter I got a sh**storm from 2 people on the same server. They had typed so much they had missed the fact of what I said before they'd hit enter (no one /rolled). Eventually after they calmed down, I sat there infront of them and in /s said "watch this" - disenchanted the item and they started off on one.

I just sat there laughing my tits off that someone could rage so much at a mistaken need on a green. I do think they were seriously raging which made it even more funny.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A close PvP loss. Those rages are always funny, because most of us are "Good work, almost got them." And then these few people are "OMG you noobs! If we'd done the strategy I wanted we'd win!" And from 6 years experience, I know their strategy is a guaranteed loss.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    I was doing a random hour of twilight on my alt lock. Group consists of a rogue, dps death knight, holy pally, and warrior tank. I proceeded to put my DI on the rogue since he would benefit more from it than the death knight and holy pally. Holy pally begins to rage on me saying it was a horrible idea to put it on the rogue; calling me idiot, retarded, what have you. After the shit storm he says if the dps is under...something, I don't remember...he would leave. 5 seconds after the 2nd boss pull in WoE, holy pally leaves.
    "No one wants to change, but no one wants to be left behind either" -Joshua, The World Ends With You

So back around October I usurped the leadership of my guild since our previous leader had been MIA for 2-3 months and the only other officer of my rank was long gone, it's a pretty casual guild and no one seemed bothered by it, in fact most were encouraged by the change. After a few weeks of vetting new officers I get a whisper from one particular member of a whopping level 37 with a request to become an officer. I ask him a few questions about how long he's played, raid/leadership experience, etc, and naturally he's 7/7 heroic, but on another server of course! Any 85 alts in the guild? Nope! Alright, I tell him, we can discuss it again once he's reached 85 with this character.

What followed were a string of increasingly trollish comments, as he failed to incite any rage in me with each message. It started out with a simple, "[Old GL] would have done it," followed by "he put money in the GBank, and was cooler than you." Seeing where it was going, I gave such responses as "Well I'm sorry you feel that way, I'll do what I can." He then requested that if I quit, I should make him GL, and upon seeing his dreams of leading a large level 25 guild disappear with my "sorry, I have the annual pass and will probably play for a while," he went into full rage mode. It started slow, "ur a terrible guild leader," "u suck," "im not a nub like u," and as I had a laugh reading these during my dailies and didn't grace him with a response, I was greeted with strings of profanity and various comments about my mother and grandmother and great-grandmother even, how I should kill myself, etc. I then got a final "Y DONT U RESPOND FAG? UMAD?" After picking myself off the floor from laughter, I decided the best response to such an individual would be "feel free to leave then," only to find myself on his ignore list, followed by another string of profanity and "HAHA WHAT U GONNA DO ABOUT IT BITCH" and a ninja logoff. I guess he figured you can't GKick someone who is offline.

I really wish I had taken a screenshot. My wording may not be exact but it's pretty damn close to how the conversation went.
    Last edited by Drakhar; 2012-01-04 at 04:40 PM.

Some holy pally who hated us for not having over Ilvl 380 gear (I even told her that is was my alt, but then she began bragging about her Ilvl 385 alt). We got to Baine in Endtime and beat the boss, the problem was just that only me and the pally was alive, and she had stopped healing halfway into the encounter. We began telling her that skill>gear and she was definately not a skilled teamplayer at all. She then ragequit. Good times.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-05-21 at 11:40 AM.

A long time ago I got a chatbox full of hate over killing a rare. Someone was trying to get the Wrath rare achievement I guess, it was in my way so I killed it, looted it, and right then a pally dropped out of air and started yelling at me. I just kept walking as I got called every name I could imagine. To top it all off they kept calling me a bot and said they were reporting me because only a bot would not respond. Why they kept talking to what they thought was a bot, I don't know, but it went on for about 5 minutes. The same pally also filled up general chat encouraging others to report me as a bot.

I raged when a 9k dps mage with no enchant and gem won the spine trinket. What else can i say

Any raging in /bg makes my day.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

Deleted
    I saw a whole guild fall apart once and start saying some extremely unpleasant things about each other after our first attempt at Kara failed after wiping on the first boss + trash for an hour. seemed like just about everyone in the guild not just the 10 in the raid was unhappy there. They just typed some abuse then left.
    Think it was called Seven Nation army on Quel'thalas EU was a pretty funny thing to see that by the time i'd finished a heroic half the guild had left and i was the guild leader. So i gquit

I recently heard of someone losing the plot due to their casual guild not raiding since mid December, because people spending time with their families during the holidays is apparently the end of the damn world.
    This concept of wuv confuses and infuriates us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    Some douchefag holy pally who hated us for not having over Ilvl 380 gear (I even told her that is was my alt, but then she began bragging about her Ilvl 385 alt). We got to Baine in Endtime and beat the boss, the problem was just that only me and the pally was alive, and she had stopped healing halfway into the encounter. We began telling her that skill>gear and she was definately not a skilled teamplayer at all. She then ragequit. Good times.
    Really...Why would you have an alt at less than 380 itemlevel this far into the expansion? You could EASILY get 380 itemlevel last patch, and you have the nerve to set foot in a 5 man? Really, people these days...

Deleted
    Situations like this needs to be reported to a GM immediately.

Detailing the time, date, what was threatened, and who it was.

They will take the steps needed. This is a serious issue. And needs to be dealt with.

And yeah, this happens. I ingnore it and report it. I don't hear from the person again.

I play to have fun, not to be bullied.

A mage rolled need on a 1H sword in a transmog run, to which I told him he wouldn't be able to transmog that to his MH spell power weapon, and asked him if he wouldn't mind passing it to me since I actually could use it. He lol'd and said "I can't mog it, but I can equip it so toobadsosad I hate Dks anyway."

I need rolled on the spell power main hand he came to the run for, won it, said the same thing back to him, and he nerd raged in raid chat, then trade chat.

Deleted
    I remember this one time shortly after Cata came out I needed on a hunter item in a dungeon (I was on my hunter alt ofcourse) and a random warrior started yelling at me because he said it was a warrior item when it was clearly a hunter item. He sent me a wall of text swearing at me and threatening me and stuff. He was on my server and then spammed trade chat saying "INSTINKT IS A NINJA INSTINKT IS A NINJA", he got banned like an hour later for spamming trade. I lol'd my ass off.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    ..followed by another string of profanity and "HAHA WHAT U GONNA DO ABOUT IT BITCH" and a ninja logoff. I guess he figured you can't GKick someone who is offline.

I really wish I had taken a screenshot. My wording may not be exact but it's pretty damn close to how the conversation went.
    I guess you haven't played in a long long time. You can easily gkick a offline player, we do it all the time to clear people that haven't been on for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JackWilmslow View Post
    Situations like this needs to be reported to a GM immediately.

Detailing the time, date, what was threatened, and who it was.

They will take the steps needed. This is a serious issue. And needs to be dealt with.

And yeah, this happens. I ingnore it and report it. I don't hear from the person again.

I play to have fun, not to be bullied.
    That's only sort of true. This one person has been threatening my wife/kids. She reported it to Blizzard, and they said there are other complaints about the person, and they are looking into it, and in the meantime put the person on ignore. But the person is still around. He pops up on alts and/or friends to harrass her further. So far I haven't seen Blizzard actually do anything (the main that he threatend her on is still logging in, so he's not suspended or banned).

The biggest rage against me was one time I gathered an herb, and apparently someone nearby was going to get it and got attacked. If they had asked nicely I would've given it to them, instead they started swearing at me, so I had to put them on ignore.

On the other side, once I had just gotten into a dungeon when my wife needed me to get off the PC for dinner or chores or something. So I clicked a player at random and said, "%t?! I'm not running with you." and dropped out. Must have had them wondering what was going on.

Thank you zomgname for the signature and avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    I've had someone threaten to come to my house and kill me after I beat them out on a roll for the epic Brewfest Kodo once.

Yeah.
    Are you calling a brewfest kodo nothing!?

I would have to say from back in WoTLK, when there was 2 different lockouts the hardcore guilds on my realm would only do 25 mans, so every now and then out of bordem I would start a 10 man pug for something and you would be able to pick up 'wringers' from the hardcore guilds, which seemed like a safe bet, but I halted the practice because literally every time one of those 'wringers' was on hand they would turn vent into a squealing high pitched whining QQ fest over the slightest adaptations of "how my guild does it.". Said complaining would carry on even after successfully downing the boss without incident, because of course not everything you do that achieves the desired result is a "right way" to do it.

Or a less general example on LFD of something completely different.

One time I got HVH on LFD (back in wotlk) and the tank was in meh, but doable gear (I.e. not fully clad in epics). The healer and 1 of the dps were from the same guild, and wearing some pretty serious gear. They instantly started QQing about the tanks gear. I was on my enhance shammy, who wasn't really the best geared either.
    After failing to convince the "leet geared healer" to STFU I went into my resto spec (my resto gear comprised entirely of greens, with a couple of very low ilevel blues. I out-healed the "leet geared healer" on every single pull.) True story.