Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    I'm just saying that's not the type of thing you should be proud of doing.
    That's fair enough tbh, i wasn't thinking of it like that.

A guy sent me lots of hateful whispers because I indirectly killed him several times by going close to his agressive pet in a neutral town.

Deleted
    I was doing OS3D wotlk when it was still hard. We killed him but a few of us died. Someone loots the boss and I select my rolls and then realeses my spirit.
    I won the roll for the bag he drops and didnt get it cuz I was still outside the instance.

As I loot the bag some mage starts whispering me saying that I stole the bag from the corpse and starts calling me a ninja. I kindly tells him that I won the roll and think that's the end of it. Boy was I wrong, this mage goes on calling me things and threatens to make a ticket to GMs. I had a laugh and just ignored him.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im a pretty nice person and usually don't gank people, and I never gank people who are lower level than me or if I out number them unless they initiate the fighting. Anyways, I was leveling my hunter with my girlfriends priest a few months ago in blasted lands and a feral Druid attacks my girlfriend and I kill him (he succeeds in kill her). I /lol at his corpse for trying to 2v1 us (espcially with how op hunters are at low levels) and proceed about our questing. A few minutes later he tries killing my girlfriend and I proceed to kill him again.

A few minutes later an 85 dk swoops out of the air and kills us both and camps our corpses, so I tell my girlfriends to keep baiting him by rezing while I get my rogue. Get my rogue there and kill the dk twice for good measure and then let him fly off so I switch back to my hunter and low and behold he's back camping our bodies do back I go to my rogue and I decide to camp his body for about 10 minutes at which point he logs onto a level 1 bitching that's it's not fair because he's at half health I'm like right because it was fair fight when you ganked my level 59 right? But I told him if let him eat to full health anyways before I engaged him. He logs back over and I let him eat to full health and beat him again (there is a reason I brought my rogue, it's like impossible to lose 1v1). Anyways I kill him a few times letting him eat to full health and he even tries bringing his ret paladin to kill me. Eventually he gets back onto a level 1 alt and just rages at me forever about how I'm bad and there is no los to run around in the open world so it isn't fair.

I believe I should win some kind of award for this, I made the guy who was ganking / camping me create a level 1 alt and rage whisper me.

I've had many - one that stands out is someone in a 5man was raging that Spirit mail gear goes only to healers.
    I'm sorry healers don't deserve a priority and blizzard is to blame for that. You have 3 specs that use spirit as hit and hit is the #1 priority for dps. So therefore pieces with spirit could very well be your BiS. As an ele shaman I go for Int > Spirit/Hit > Haste to cap > Mastery. In all cases I see Spirit being better than actual hit rating cause you get mana regen as well. Even as an ele shaman you don't need it. However on my boomkin I run OOM way to fast. So therefore spirit would be a better option.

In all honesty if people still feel healers deserve a priority over ele/boom/shadow then they need to get rid of the spirit to hit conversion and make actual gear for the dps themselves. Instead of having only spirit mail in a dungeon. put some haste/mastery in there.

Another one was I was trying to tame a special pet and a lowbie horde came(flagged) and attempted to kill it. So I killed him. He came back kept waiting where i was, i killed him again. Then a level 85 Mage(Alliance) whispered me and was like hey my friend is trying to level, can you stop killing him? I replied with Im sorry but im making sure he doesnt kill the pet i want to tame. He came back with Really? A pet. You gank a lowbie for no apparent reason for a stupid pet? Its not like if he dies he is gone from the game. Stop being such a dick........I was like O-O. YOU HURT MY FEELINGS.......and I killed his friend again.

Why does your friend have a toon of opposing faction but on the same server?!? o-O

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I attribute the only memorable ragefest I remember to myself.

Healing heroic End Time with lousy dps and a Blood tank with no gems or enchants, decked in bare minimum pvp gear.
    He never spoke. On Murozond he "tanked" by losing threat constantly and making the boss spin in circles. Great. Cone breaths are easier to handle that way
    Our only ranged dps, a warlock, apparently couldn't click the hourglass so that fell upon me as well. He also kept dying in circles. moving ya know, serious stuff
    Not even the grossly overpowered Divine Hymn every reset could save this sinking ship

And yes, we actually wiped. Then a rogue who just had joined starts calling the tank shit (so far so good) but also my healing sucking (at that point I had about average 387 ilvl and am not by any means a bad healer. I'm the guy who actually knows how to dispell /e-flex)

Already having had a bad day and this painful run taking a toll on my mental state, I unleash the f***ing FURY!

I veeery rarely even curse online, let alone let people get to me when I'm not at fault, but this time I actually snapped.
    Felt good.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2012-05-20 at 06:37 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    back in tbc i was up rather late one evening and roaming around the pvp areas in outlands. circling thru halaa, zangarmarsh and hellfire peninsula and i come across like a level 63 shaman multiboxing in the hellfire pvp towers. i think i killed him about 3 or 4 times then finally he/she logged over on an alt and started telling me i was worthless and that if i didnt stop i was going to be reported.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    *snip*
    The last part of that chat had me rofling for a while. Thank you, sir. :')

Deleted
    Back in WotLK I did Hellfire Ramparts on a Death knight alt with 3 other Death knights and a priest healer. Around 1st boss, one add hit the priest once and suddenly he went into a rage frenzy. he called us all kinds of things and told us all we should quit playing because ''we let'' an add hit him. At first we kind of thought he was joking, but he kept brining it up all the time as a fact that we ''completely fail at WoW''.

It was really wierd, he was really polite and cool at first, but as soon as a mob touched him he started flaming us all and it continued trough the rest of the dungeon.

Other than that, people sometimes rages at me when I win loot. I once won an epic shield back in Vanilla and some douchebag who also needed on it told me to go burn in hell and all kinds of crazy stuff. I met him again later in another group, while and he just told my group members that I was a prick and left, quite crazy how butthurt people can get over loot.

Deleted
    During Wrath I did Utgarde Pinnacle NORMAL in LFD on my hunter. We killed the first boss and it dropped hunter gloves so I needed and won.
    The DK however started moaning that he couldn't click need and that they were a stat upgrade etc. He did a /roll instead and it was higher than my need roll but it was pointless because I'd won the proper need roll.
    He kept asking me to trade him the gloves, I said 'no, they're hunter loot, you need plate etc. etc. etc.'
    He then went INSANE! 'GIVE ME THE ****ING GLOVES! TYPICAL ****ING HUNTER! HAXXOR! I'M GOING TO REPORT YOU AND YOU'LL BE KICKED FROM YOUR GUILD AND NEVER BE ABLE TO RAID AGAIN!' followed by jumping around and /spitting at me.
    The others all took my side and told him to chill out, not DK loot etc.
    The highlight came when he opened a trade window for the 1000th time, I traded him 1c '**** YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!'

Then he got kicked...IT WAS THE FIRST BOSS ON NORMAL!!!!!!!

Deleted
    One time that comes to mind is mid BC, my guild back then did Karazhan and some belt drops that I roll on and win. I was playing a lock and was kinda noobish, and for some reason a prot paladin takes great offense to that I won the belt, since his mage alt had been trying to get it for "a long time" and I was fairly new to raiding.

Months later he leaves the guild (think it's in the Sunwell patch), and I meet him somewhere in Shattrath on his mage. He starts whispering me about the belt, being very hateful and proclaims that he truly hates me for having it.
    What? It's a freaking belt, by this time you could get much better items.
    For some reason that I can't remember I did a couple /lol emotes at him and then he looses it, tells me he is going to report me for spamming, and puts me on ignore. Nothing happends, and then a few days later he whispers me from his paladin asking if I got banned. I say no, and then he ignores me. He still remembers me and the belt in WoTLK, when we met in a VoA pug. My lock was then still on his ignore list. I never realized that belt meant so much to him. :s

The latest one I remember was last years Brewfest. One of my alts gets a ram in its bags, and someone in my group gets very jealous and starts cursing and spitting on me. Strangely enough I didn't get any hate from my group when I looted the pink rocket during Love is in the air...

A guildie of mine got kicked form LFR because his Gear was too high to be in there.. I made people rage pretty bad. He was in there to pracitice his sub rotation after he got daggers or w/e. lol
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

I rage all the time in 60-69 BG's because people don't seem to know how to communicate. How do they honestly expect to win if they dont know how to communicate with one another? Then of course people respond with generic internet phrases such as "qq moar" or "umadbro" because they dont know how to hold a real conversation let alone an argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was doing a DS with my guild. My friend and I wanted to switch our raiding toons ( mine was boomkin but I preferred playing my hunter ). We use a loot system similar to dkp, and anyways, the guild leader transferred everything I had earned already to my hunter. So we're downing bosses and a helm token drops and I win the roll. The resto shaman starts raging at me in whispers saying it's bull shit an alt got the token and that this is the reason we can never actually progress. I just reply that my hunter has always been my main and I brought it into the guild to raid and my boomkin was actually my alt, and that if anything it'll help us progress because I need gear ( I'm in lfr gear and HoT gear and he's in all normal/heroic DS gear ). He simply rage logs without a word to anyone and we can't continue the raid because no other healers were online.

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    I've had someone threaten to come to my house and kill me after I beat them out on a roll for the epic Brewfest Kodo once.

Yeah.
    Well, to be fair, that only comes around once a year. I, myself, paid the winner of the roll 1,000 gold for the kodo.
    [

This probably not the most epic example, but it is all I can think of right now.

I was doing a normal UK LFD run on my rogue alt. We were killing trash and some green agi/strength bracers dropped. They were better than what I had, so I rolled need on them. The resto druid rolls need on them as well. I won the roll, and this druid starts calling me a ninja. He kept insisting that he needed them and I didn't, and called me a liar when I said I needed them. I asked him why he would need them if he is a resto druid. He didn't respond, and I was removed from group a few seconds later. Yes I realize strength isn't good for rogues, but these bracers were much better than what I was wearing.
    Retired WOW player
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 14

Usually everyday when my friends tell me to leave the PC and go outside with them but I'm not leaving my toons for go outside with my friends I prefer to play wow. And when my mom yell me it is meal time and I have to leave the wow and go to eat.

Back during 4.0, my guild was pretty casual but we were still progressing at a decent pace through normal modes, especially for being a 25-man one-raid-a-week guild. On this particular night, we had a new initiate subbing in, and we were doing Nefarian attempts.

After a few attempts, we notice that this initiate, who was a hunter, was always the last one back to the boss by a considerable margin (this is before we had mass rez).... basically, he'd show up around a minute after everyone else, which would constitute some re-buffing. Didn't really slow us down at all, as at this point in time my guild generally took its time in setting up for attempts, but it was still curious. One of the run backs, he took longer than usual, and kept us waiting for probably ~ a minute. Our GM jokingly asked him about it. The hunter replied something along the lines of him having to take care of his baby.

Now, that's totally cool. We were a casual guild, and many of our other members had spousal or child obligations, including the GM. So, our GM tells the dude that it's all fine, but asked if he could tell us before he left so that he didn't keep us waiting (as you'd think common courtesy would imply).

The guy FLIPS. Apparently he mistook the context of our GM's request, and thought that he was implying that he should place priority on the game over taking care of his kids (which was not at all true). Not to sound racist or anything, but it adds to the flavor to note that he was some african nationality with a deep voice that kinda got a bit shrill when he yelled... and boy did he yell. This added quite a bit to the hilarity of the situation.

"DAT'S MY KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!". No, I'm not joking. It sounded exactly as I typed it out. He yelled this several times, mixed in with curse words and insults to the GM and the guild, over vent. He ignored our attempts to calm him down, and just kept shouting. Needless to say, he was booted from vent, and he raid quit and g-quit on his own accord before we could do the honors ourselves.

A few patches later, a lot of my guild has changed, but it always gets a few chuckles to yell in vent "DAT'S MY KEEEEEEEEEEEED".

10+ Year Old Account
    This really didn't need to be bumped.